Annual Pass Discount Card

While we're adding things to the wish list, it's hard to remember which stores/restaurants offer discounts for annual passholders. Early in my last trip, I kept forgetting to ask. Twice, they had to call a manager to override my transaction, which I hated to do... but 10% or 20% is still money. Maybe they could add a little symbol by the register, or maybe on the shop windows at Disney Springs, designating which stores have discounts. The latter could drive even more traffic into those stores.

I am at a loss that Disney doesn't have MBs carry your AP information for discounts. it seems like it could be the easiest software fix ever, to just flag certain accounts as AP but they cant manage that, i dont understand it at all lol

Yeah I wish they could too. But I guess there isn't a good way right now to prevent people from sharing Magic Bands. At least your card has your name on it, and the CM can ask for your ID if they needed to confirm your identity.
Come to think of it, I don't remember if they have a way to scan the Annual Passholder card for the discounts, or if they only ask to see it visually.

While we're adding things to the wish list, it's hard to remember which stores/restaurants offer discounts for annual passholders. Early in my last trip, I kept forgetting to ask. Twice, they had to call a manager to override my transaction, which I hated to do... but 10% or 20% is still money. Maybe they could add a little symbol by the register, or maybe on the shop windows at Disney Springs, designating which stores have discounts. The latter could drive even more traffic into those stores.

I have given up on trying to remember and just ask every time I get out the wallet. First words : "Hello! Can I use my AP discount here?" If I have made it to the point where I am ready to pay, I figure I would be completing the transaction anyway, so any discount is icing on the cake.

I agree that some kind of symbol, like they use for the dining plan, would make it easier.

You need to show the AP card and your photo ID (for adults) to get the discount. Sometimes the CM won't want to see it, but you have to count that as pixie dust because it's not policy.
Anyone know how kids can use their card to get discounts even though they don't have ID? DS is 14 and an AP holder. He will be off on his own some in the parks and I would hope he could get his discount!

My son didn't have to show an id, because he's 14 and doesn't have one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter