Annual Pass Discount Card

huskies90

DIS Veteran
Do they still supply a discount card with your AP or have they figured out how to see it with the Magic band? I bridged mine and my daughter's 7 day hopper to an AP last night at MK and we were not given a discount card. I didn't realize it until I got back to the resort. Do I still need them for 20% discount?

Last time I was there, they asked for my card and my ID every time. Hoping this issue has been resolved.

Yes, they still provide the card. No, they cannot just use your MB to apply the discount :-( You can stop in at guest services to explain that you didn't get a card and they will give you one. You (supposedly) need to show the card and your photo ID to get the discount (some CMs are more strict than others).

They still haven't figured out how to check your account using your MagicBand to confirm you have an AP. Seems simple, but for some reason they still can't do it. Just stop by guest relations and they will give you a card.

Do they still supply a discount card with your AP or have they figured out how to see it with the Magic band? I bridged mine and my daughter's 7 day hopper to an AP last night at MK and we were not given a discount card. I didn't realize it until I got back to the resort. Do I still need them for 20% discount?

Yes, they still provide the card. No, they cannot just use your MB to apply the discount :-( You can stop in at guest services to explain that you didn't get a card and they will give you one. You (supposedly) need to show the card and your photo ID to get the discount (some CMs are more strict than others).

Well ...

No - they no longer provide a Discount Card.

Yes - they do give you an AP Card (ticket).

No - MagicBands are not used although some have had luck with parking.

They should ask for your AP Card/Ticket and I.D. for all benefits that need proof. When you upgraded your tickets you should have been given an AP Ticket. If you were not go back to GR and get one. Should your MB fail, this is your only ticket. Also ask for your AP Benefits Booklet.

Here are both from Inside the Magic

12092290_10153036175880981_513258563_n-800x400.jpg

When you upgraded your tickets you should have been given an AP Ticket.
The last time I renewed, the Guest Relations CM didn't give us the cards at first. She said, "Oh... you said you already have over a dozen MagicBands. I didn't think you would want or need a card". I explained to her that in order to get discounts you have to show the AP card at most locations. She said, "I didn't know that!".

...MagicBands are not used although some have had luck with parking...

That is correct. The MagicBand has consistently worked for me as proof for parking with an AP. Occasionally, I'll be asked for ID and sometimes waved on with no scan at all.

For merchandise and quick service dining, I've pretty consistently been asked to show the card and sometimes ID.

The last time I renewed, the Guest Relations CM didn't give us the cards at first. She said, "Oh... you said you already have over a dozen MagicBands. I didn't think you would want or need a card". I explained to her that in order to get discounts you have to show the AP card at most locations. She said, "I didn't know that!".
Frightening that someone authorized to accept over $700 from you doesn't know the perks of that purchase. (Seems they'd be trained, in case someone was debating upgrading a ticket to AP, might ask the benefits. Disney would, I'm sure, want the CM to talk about the meal etc. discounts.)

Frightening that someone authorized to accept over $700 from you doesn't know the perks of that purchase. (Seems they'd be trained, in case someone was debating upgrading a ticket to AP, might ask the benefits. Disney would, I'm sure, want the CM to talk about the meal etc. discounts.)
Care to start a list of what these CM don't know? I'm afraid we may just overflow the database capabilities of the message board

ETA - I've said many times it shouldn't be hard for them to give these work stations notebooks with a few items that are important for them to all know. It wouldn't be hard. There's no excuse for it

Last edited:
Well ...

No - they no longer provide a Discount Card.

Yes - they do give you an AP Card (ticket).

No - MagicBands are not used although some have had luck with parking.

They should ask for your AP Card/Ticket and I.D. for all benefits that need proof. When you upgraded your tickets you should have been given an AP Ticket. If you were not go back to GR and get one. Should your MB fail, this is your only ticket. Also ask for your AP Benefits Booklet.

Here are both from Inside the Magic
Yes. This exactly. Folks tend to confuse or mix up the two.
The bold is very important. The physical AP, which acts as your ticket media, should always be given. This can be used instead of a MB to access your pass. So to enter the park, parking, etc.
You can also show this to get discounts, etc. Along with your ID.
They haven't given a discount card in a while. A assume because the above does everything the discount card does. There was really no reason to give both, that I could come up with at least.

They were actually accepting around $2800 from me for my whole family. ~$700 x 4.
She did know about the discounts. She just didn't know you needed the physical card for those discounts to be applied at most locations.

They were actually accepting around $2800 from me for my whole family. ~$700 x 4.
She did know about the discounts. She just didn't know you needed the physical card for those discounts to be applied at most locations.

UGH, and I blame the managers and trainers who are not making sure their CMs know the ins and outs.

And I always carry my card and my ID, not only for the discounts but for the failure of the MB, especially offsite trips where I am not testing the band on my hotel room. I have had my MB fail, I have had my ticket fail and each time I had to provide my ID to GR in order for them to do anything about it. SO always carry both even if you don't plan on pulling them out. If I had not in each instance I would not have been able to enter the park.

I had to show my actual, physical AP nearly every time for the discount. I will say, the discount is awesome. I feel like I have saved a lot of money with it.

UGH, and I blame the managers and trainers who are not making sure their CMs know the ins and outs.

And I always carry my card and my ID, not only for the discounts but for the failure of the MB, especially offsite trips where I am not testing the band on my hotel room. I have had my MB fail, I have had my ticket fail and each time I had to provide my ID to GR in order for them to do anything about it. SO always carry both even if you don't plan on pulling them out. If I had not in each instance I would not have been able to enter the park.
Knock on wood, even with spending triple digit days in the parks last year, and double digits so far this year, we've never had a MB fail (or system outage), we still bring out ID since we always need it, along with our AP, for discounts. And we need it with our TiW for those discounts.

And I don't care if they get a new CM at the window every shift, there is no excuse for them to not know the basics of the items they are selling. We aren't talking about all the details and exclusions but the basics, like give them an AP when you sell an AP. Geeze.

Knock on wood, even with spending triple digit days in the parks last year, and double digits so far this year, we've never had a MB fail (or system outage), we still bring out ID since we always need it, along with our AP, for discounts. And we need it with our TiW for those discounts.

And I don't care if they get a new CM at the window every shift, there is no excuse for them to not know the basics of the items they are selling. We aren't talking about all the details and exclusions but the basics, like give them an AP when you sell an AP. Geeze.

Isn't it common sense, you buy a ticket (a very expensive ticket) and they should have to hand you .... a ticket.

What made it even worse is that as we were talking to her as she was printing out all of the forms and stuff, we were lamenting that the AP no longer included DisneyQuest even though Disney extended the closure until 2017 (this was last year). She said, "That is still included for you since you have the expensive pass".
I just rolled my eyes.

I had to show my actual, physical AP nearly every time for the discount. I will say, the discount is awesome. I feel like I have saved a lot of money with it.

Same here. Most CM's asked to see ours but other than having to carry it with you, the discounts make it well worth it. Takes the sting out of some of those pricey "must haves"!

Anyone know how kids can use their card to get discounts even though they don't have ID? DS is 14 and an AP holder. He will be off on his own some in the parks and I would hope he could get his discount!

I will say 99% of CMs on our April trip let us go into our MDE app and show our Annual Pass from there. We started doing that when an Epcot CM in the UK said it was 100% acceptable since they would still check our IDs to what shows there. I don't know if that is official policy or not but was so much easier when fiance lost his card but still wanted to use his perk.

Also I totally just noticed the never scanned APs and mine doesn't have an expiration date written on it but the app shows the expiration so maybe checking the app is actually a better way to do this!

Anyone know how kids can use their card to get discounts even though they don't have ID? DS is 14 and an AP holder. He will be off on his own some in the parks and I would hope he could get his discount!
True story...
My 7 year old (at the time) was buying something at Mouse Gear. She wanted to be a "big girl" and do it all on her own.
I gave her AP card to her and some cash and she went up to register as I stood off to the side. She handed over everything all at once. The CM (one of those snow-bird retirees who probably works at the park a couple days per week in the winter) picks up the AP card, looks at it, and says to her, "I'm going to need to see your ID".
My daughter looked very confused and didn't know what he was talking about. I thought the CM was joking with her at first, but then he asked her again even more serious than the first time. She, of course, still didn't know what to say to him.
The CM yells over for help from one of the other cashiers. He goes, "What do I do? I need to see her ID to give her a discount". He was dead serious.
The other CM said, "I think she may have left her driver's license at home today. It's OK. I think we can give her the discount anyway."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter