Annual Pass benefits

tundra1

Mouseketeer
Would it be worthwhile to purchase an annual pass for myself just so we can get a price break on Disney hotel rooms? We will be a family of 8, needing 2 rooms, all under one reservation. If I purchase the pass, could I use it to get the discount for both of the hotel rooms even if I can't get to the park to activate the pass until the day we arrive? I want to travel in January of 2021, and spend Monday-Saturday in a Disney property, and then hop on a Disney Cruise for the next week.

They only reserve so many rooms available under the discount, and always announce the discount quite late ... close to the dates of travel. Sometimes I can get rooms under the passholder or Florida resident discounts, sometimes I can't. I seem to have about 50/50 chances of getting one in the past.

You could book room only, booking for the hotel you want, then hope that an offer comes out for pass-holder discount, then re-book for the discount, and cancel the first room reservation... A couple of problems, 1)there seem to be a lag time when you cancel the first reservation to getting your money refunded by a couple of days... They will not just transfer the money over to a new reservation... 2) the hotel you have booked might not be available for the discount so keep that in mind...

You could arrive early, check your bags, then head straight for the parks, then come back later on to check in...

With your passes you could save on dinning at TS, and merchandise, plus photo-pass is included with AP's... so it might be worth it...once you run the numbers...

You could book room only, booking for the hotel you want, then hope that an offer comes out for pass-holder discount, then re-book for the discount, and cancel the first room reservation... A couple of problems, 1)there seem to be a lag time when you cancel the first reservation to getting your money refunded by a couple of days... They will not just transfer the money over to a new reservation... 2) the hotel you have booked might not be available for the discount so keep that in mind...

You could arrive early, check your bags, then head straight for the parks, then come back later on to check in...

With your passes you could save on dinning at TS, and merchandise, plus photo-pass is included with AP's... so it might be worth it...once you run the numbers...

Thanks! I think I will book a room, and then change it if I can find an annual pass discount that works for us. We are going in January of 2021, so hopefully the Star Wars craziness will be over, and the Anniversary Festivities won't be starting yet. I can't decide on which resort to pick, so perhaps that will help us make a final decision based on what is available for pass holders! LOL!
party:

Thanks! I think I will book a room, and then change it if I can find an annual pass discount that works for us. We are going in January of 2021, so hopefully the Star Wars craziness will be over, and the Anniversary Festivities won't be starting yet. I can't decide on which resort to pick, so perhaps that will help us make a final decision based on what is available for pass holders! LOL!
party:

I would book what you want up front, this way you got want and need for your family... Then once the AP discounts come out, you can decided if its worth it to rebook, switch hotels, as well there might be a Free dinning deal as well... It's really about running those numbers and keep running them... Once you are good... then stop... and start planning the fun stuff, FP and ADR's...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter