Annual pass and parking help

camnhan

DIS Veteran
First time we will be going with annual passes and having a car. Do they scan our bands when we go into park at a park or do we need the passholder card and and ID? Our extended family will be coming with us so some days we will have 2 cars and just wondering what we need so we will be prepared as we go in.
thanks for the info!

When two cars you will need passholder in each car ...

To the other it literally varies from CM to CM.

I've rarely gotten to scan my MB and nothing else, they have asked for ID and check name.

Sometimes they want to see AP and ID, and then sometimes they:
- Smile and waive me in
- Take them, look them over and waive me in
- Take AP and actually scan the card (this happened the most last couple months)
- Epcot seems the most strict during festivals

When two cars you will need passholder in each car ...

To the other it literally varies from CM to CM.

I've rarely gotten to scan my MB and nothing else, they have asked for ID and check name.

Sometimes they want to see AP and ID, and then sometimes they:
- Smile and waive me in
- Take them, look them over and waive me in
- Take AP and actually scan the card (this happened the most last couple months)
- Epcot seems the most strict during festivals

I’ve had similar experience. Since I never know what they’ll want to do, I usually have my ID and AP out and hold them up in the open car window. Sometimes the CM waves me through, sometimes they take both and look at both sides of them, and sometimes they scan the AP.

Do you have to pay for parking the first time going with your annual pass, since it’s not active until you’re at the parks?

Do you have to pay for parking the first time going with your annual pass, since it’s not active until you’re at the parks?

If you haven’t activated your AP yet, you pay for parking. Show the receipt when you activate your AP and you can be reimbursed for the parking.

Thanks! Ours are active as we purchased and used them in Sept :)
Figured we would have to ride in separate cars so that is ok as well.

If you haven’t activated your AP yet, you pay for parking. Show the receipt when you activate your AP and you can be reimbursed for the parking.
Last November I told the CM at the gate that I had an AP not activated--I showed my voucher. They waived me through without paying. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter