Annual Pass and Magic Bands

tankerdriver

Earning My Ears
I just purchased annual passes for the family for Christmas. I wanted the kids to unwrap their Magic Bands as part of the surprise. I was told by customer service rep that we cannot order our free magic bands until we activate the passes at the park on the first use. He recommended buying them from Disney.com to have them for Christmas. This doesn't seem right to me, i shouldn't have to pay $20 for something that should be included.

Anyone else overcome this problem, or had different answer from a different CM?

Always been that way. You have to use them and then order.
Are you staying onsite? If so you get other ones from that

Always been that way. You have to use them and then order.
Are you staying onsite? If so you get other ones from that
Not staying on-site. We live in outskirts of tampa so ots only an hour drive. I did ask if i reserved a room for 1night, if i could get the bands now. He said no, because it takes 4-6 weeks to deliver magic bands.

Also, do the annual passholders get magic bands free? If so, are they the cheapest ones or can you get the character options?

Also, do the annual passholders get magic bands free? If so, are they the cheapest ones or can you get the character options?
You get one free one per an AP and if/when you renew you can get an additional one at that time. The Magic Bands that come with the AP and/or resort rooms are the solid color ones. The only solid color ones that are not currently available through this and must be purchased are the solid black and the new millennial pink that is being released in early January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter