Annual Pass and Magic Band - Staying at Dolphin?

toesmom

DIS Veteran
I have old magic bands, but we bought annual passes for upcoming trip over Christmas, staying at Dolphin resort so I know we don't get magic bands.

We live in Canada if that makes any difference.

How can I get magic bands to use for parks, or will my old one work from last year? I know it has some battery life that eventually stops.

Will guest services just give me a card that I have to use for entrance to parks?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Your old ones will likely work from last year. Our old ones always have worked and some are older than one year. Also, I think that you may be entitled to MB's from having AP's. I would check on MDE and ask at GS when you arrive in WDW. If so, it is possible that you might be able to get some upon arrival.

meanwhile, you can always buy MB's and link them in MDE after you arrive. For some reason, Disney refuses to send MB's to Canada so you can't simply buy them from shopDisney, for example. Again, after you arrive, you can buy MB's all over WDW to link and use as a ticket.

GS will give you a card to use and you will need it sometimes for discounts. You do not need the MB, however. The card will work fine at the entrances.

You can go to the Liberty Square ticket office in MK (and possibly other guest services locations, but there for sure) once you’ve activated your APs and they’ll give you magicbands. For Canadians, that’s pretty much the only way to get them unless you have a US address to ship them to.

Yes. Use any linked MB to enter the park and FP lines.

Question?

If they are from Canada then Disney does not ship MagicBands International.
But they bought Annual Passes which qualifies them for a free MagicBand.
How will they get that AP MB if they won't ship there?
Is it something they can be given at WDW?

Question?

If they are from Canada then Disney does not ship MagicBands International.
But they bought Annual Passes which qualifies them for a free MagicBand.
How will they get that AP MB if they won't ship there?
Is it something they can be given at WDW?

See my post above. You don’t get a personalized one unless you have a US address to ship it to.

Not sure if it’s too late, but next time you stay at the Swan/Dolphin be sure to call them and ask about any AP rates. I’ve got some great deals but you have to contact the hotel directly since the Starwood and Marriott folks won’t be able to see these rates.

I’ve got some great deals but you have to contact the hotel directly since the Starwood and Marriott folks won’t be able to see these rates.
Are you still able to get AP rates after the merger?

Are you still able to get AP rates after the merger?

Ah... good question. Had me worried! I just called the reservation line and they let me know that they still offer AP discounts throughout the year.

Thanks everyone, through MDE I will have them shipped to the Dolphin hotel, I think I have to pay fee to pick them up. And thanks for the tip about AP rates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter