Annual Pass - Additional perks questions

Brian918

Earning My Ears
We are in the beginning stages of a family trip to disney for 2020. My wife and I will be there for 10-11 days with our 3 children (and a 3.5 year old grand daughter) along for portions of the trip. There will be about 4 days when everyone is there (6 total counting the granddaughter). I am debating an annual pass for myself and trying to make sure it will work for us. I see us doing at least one sitdown meal each day with a few character dining meals, probably Califronia Grill one night for my wife & I and more than likely a Hoop De Doo Show (bigger ticket meals I guess is what I'm trying to say). We had the photopass package in the past and we used it a lot. Of course, we will buy souvenirs throughout our stay as well....maybe moreso this trip as it is our granddaughters first.

My questions below pretty much involve how far the addtional perks extend past the holder. Wondering if one AP is enough or do I need to get a second one for our group.

1. Can I book more than 1 room if an AP discount were to become available? We would probably stay Deluxe.
2. The disney site claims that the dining discount is limited to 3 people....if everyone is on my bill, do I get the full discount? Or just 4 total of the meals?
3. The merchandise discount....I assume the AP holder needs to be present? Wondering if just charged to the room would that cause the discount to happen (this would be if we were split into two groups over the course of a day).
4. Photopass - Assuming we are all linked on MDE, can any of my group get pics taken and they show up in AP holder photopass? Again, assuming we split into 2 different groups for part of the day.

Thanks,
Brian

My questions below pretty much involve how far the addtional perks extend past the holder. Wondering if one AP is enough or do I need to get a second one for our group.

1. Can I book more than 1 room if an AP discount were to become available? We would probably stay Deluxe.
2. The disney site claims that the dining discount is limited to 3 people....if everyone is on my bill, do I get the full discount? Or just 4 total of the meals?
3. The merchandise discount....I assume the AP holder needs to be present? Wondering if just charged to the room would that cause the discount to happen (this would be if we were split into two groups over the course of a day).
4. Photopass - Assuming we are all linked on MDE, can any of my group get pics taken and they show up in AP holder photopass? Again, assuming we split into 2 different groups for part of the day.

Thanks,
Brian
1. I believe you can book up to 3 rooms.

For dining and merchandise discounts you can always ask and a castmember might make an exception, but I would be prepared for the servers and cashiers to follow the rules and conditions that are on the AP site.
2. Dining Discount: The AP site states that the dining discount is for the AP holder and 3 guests, but you will be able to choose which meals you would like discounted.
3. Merchandise Discount: For the merchandise discount, the Annual Passholder is the person paying and we have often been asked for a photo ID to match the AP. If you're splitting into two groups and only one person has an AP, there's no way both groups can take advantage of the AP discount at the same time. Whether paying at the register or charging to the room, the Passholder is the one doing the transaction.
4. Photopass: Since everyone in our group has an AP this didn't come up.

To add to the info above:

1. Yes, you can book up to 3 rooms total - one for you and 2 additional for people traveling with you. Based on some reports, they must be the same resort and, possibly the same dates as your room. You need to call to make additional AP room bookings.

2. AP dining discounts are for the AP holder and up to 3 people. If you have more people, you are eligible with an AP to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card for $150, which gives a higher discount at TS (20% instead of 10%) and also discounts alcohol and is valid for up to 10 people. Definitely worth reading about TiW if you have a large group. Note that with either the AP or the TiW discount, the Passholder must be present and show both the AP (or TiW) and ID and must be the one paying for the meal (and yes, you can charge back to the room and then pay the room bill whichever way you want).
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/tables-in-wonderland/

3. Same as dining discount. Passholder must be the one making the purchase and show the AP and ID.

4. I don't know about this since we all have APs. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

To item 4 - yes, the AP Holder(s) should be able to download any pictures from anyone linked through MDE. I've had friends linked to my account who don't have access to the photos on their own, but I can download their photos (even from visits when I wasn't there) and just text the photos to them later.

In March I just showed my AP and my Son in law or daughter just paid for their merchandise. The cast members didn't worry about who was paying. Now at Chef Mickey's, I had to add it to the room and pay myself for all 4 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter