Annoyed, charged out of pocket for CRT on the dining plan

I've booked it and paid in the past, but called and had the charges reversed. Would the Dining services CM not do that for you?

This happened to me last Sunday. My TA warned me about it beforehand. I got all the same messages. I went ahead and booked it. The system appeared to allow the credits to hold it, but I was very clearly told before finalizing that my card would be charged $xxx.xx. The same thing happened with Hoop-Dee-Doo. My TA said I could call once the lines opened up and get it reversed. I did go ahead and book them because I was worried about not getting the reservations. I called and the Disney CM was able to re-book both reservations with my credits. I then had to cancel the ones that I had reserved with my card. The money was refunded the next day.
I was able to reserve my dinner at CRT last April with my credits. The way I understand it is it is a "glitch" in the system. Maybe it has something to do with them upgrading the system to allow DDP credits for mobile ordering.
The biggest surprise right now is that there are still openings for CRT almost every day of my trip in June.

If you pay for CRT when booking, can you get refunded once there and use dining credits instead?

Yes just call back and Disney should refund you, they will see you have the DDP but for CRT, HDDR and Spirit of Aloha always call to book an ADR

I have this issue all the time. This is why I call and make my dining plans. There is supposed to be some button to click to show you are on the dining plan when you make your reservations, but since implementation of a dining plan, I have yet to see this button. I was charges for Mickeys BBQ and CRT one year, but upon talking to a CM, it was fixed immediately. From then on, I call to make my ADRs. I do give a CC for holding, but I have never been charged.

They've had the system correctly recognizing dining plans in the past. For whatever reason (shockingly) it seems to not be working lately.

They've had the system correctly recognizing dining plans in the past. For whatever reason (shockingly) it seems to not be working lately.
nothing seems to be working on the Disney sites lately but for some reason Disney doesn't seem to care its been that way over a month and they have yet to fix it...

How much clearer do you want it? It says if booking with the dining plan you need to call.

"Guests are temporarily unable to book pre-paid dining experiences with dining plans online. To book a pre-paid dining experience with your Disney Dining Plan, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 939-3463."

It is pretty clear to me. I saw this a while back when I was searching for someone. I would call and ask to have the money refunded.

Personally, I think that this is Disney's answer to folks bookking these hart to get restaurants and then dropping them the day before. Yes, it opens up ADR's, but that does not help the folks who are there and now have other plans.

Yes just call back and Disney should refund you, they will see you have the DDP but for CRT, HDDR and Spirit of Aloha always call to book an ADR

Thanks. I booked a DVC rental and haven't added the dining plan yet. I"ll be adding it in the next month or so. Will I stll be able to refund and switch to credits since I'm booking the ADR before having the dining plan?

Thanks. I booked a DVC rental and haven't added the dining plan yet. I"ll be adding it in the next month or so. Will I stll be able to refund and switch to credits since I'm booking the ADR before having the dining plan?
Hmmm well I know with DVC rentals you wont be able to see you have DDP on MDE so Im not 100 % sure how that's gonna work... I myself have a DVC rental I added the DDP to so I know it doesn't show, but I thought I read that the dining CMs can see it, so I definitely would call once you add it, you don't have to tell them when you added it just that you have DDP and was charged for the ADR..

It’s been there.
I have heard that numerous times, but I just dont see it when Im booking dining, or trying to book dining online. Not sure why it never shows up on my screen. Ive even had other people look at the screens and we all agree, its not there. If anyone can offer a screen shot, Id love to see it...though Im not booking dining for another 10 months or so.

My dining plan showed up to hold the reservation when I just booked CRT on Saturday morning for my October trip.

This is what the screen looks like when booking if you have the dining plan. The top of the screen reads "What Payment Method Would You Like to Use?" and gives you the option to choose dining credits or credit card.

Attachments

• crt.PNG
    crt.PNG
    429.9 KB · Views: 20
My dining plan showed up to hold the reservation when I just booked CRT on Saturday morning for my October trip.

That's great to hear. I am hoping to do CRT for the first time in November and am glad to hear I can secure it with credits online and not have to call. Thanks for the update.

Yes. I used my credit card when booking my Dec CRT meal. We then added DlxDP a few days before heading down. I mentioned it to our server at the restaurant so he could make sure the $$ was credited back. The receipt showed that credits were used, so I hung onto that. A few weeks later I still had not seen the charge credited back to my card, so I called and they took care of it over the phone. Just hang onto your receipt if you don't it handled in advance.

Disney is pretty good about stuff like that. I called once about a charge 4 months after it appeared on my statement when I couldn't remember what it was for. They were able to track it down and tell me it was for Painting With a View, which I had totally forgotten about reserving, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter