Anniversary surprise ideas?

sarahkruse

Earning My Ears
My husband and I will be there this year during our anniversary. We went to Disney for our honeymoon and the next year actually took our frozen cake top down as carryon for our one year anniversary. We celebrated two years there on a surprise trip that my husband cleverly pulled off. Last year I was pregnant with our twins, so we couldn't go, but this year we will be there with the boys and grandma and grandpa for back up. I really need some good ideas for a surprise on the day of our wedding anniversary. My parents are willing to babysit, so the babies don't have to be included. Any suggestions?

Take everyone to the ice cream social at Epcot and surprise him with a rehitching ceremony!

Originally posted by WDWguru
Take everyone to the ice cream social at Epcot and surprise him with a rehitching ceremony!

Thank you so much for the suggestion! When is the ice cream social and how would I arrange a rehitching ceremony? I've never heard of those before.

Search is down, but there have been posts on the Theme Parks board about it. I've never done it myself. From what I understand, you simply attend the ice cream social (it's from like 2-5 in the afternoon in the Land pavilion, iirc) and tell the person at the podium that you'd like to do the ceremony. (You can hang back and tell them on the sly, or tell your server.) After you've eaten, the server draws everyone's attention, you stand up and they make you say silly vows, then kiss while everyone counts to 100 (1-10 in ones, then in tens after that). That's it! I believe you get a certificate or something as well, but I"m not sure. There may also be other people doing the ceremony, but you don't all go at once from what I've heard.

There is also a rehitching ceremony at the Garden Grill (Epcot) and there are many good comments on this board about it (do a search).
My husband and I are aso going to be there during our anniversary and I am working with Gifts of a Lifetime to plan a surprise for him. It is quite expensive, but a great surprise if you can go that route.

Check it out at Giftsofalifetime.com

Congratulations and have a great trip!

The ice cream social is held at the Garden Grill. All you need to do is make a PS for either a meal or the ice cream social and make sure that they note that you are celebrating an anniversary on the PS. DW and I had no idea about it before we got there and didn't mention anything to any CM's (besides having already noted anniversary on our PS).

-Josh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter