Anniversary perks?

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
After staring at this date (September 22nd) talking about it, counting down to it, it hit me last night.......This is our 12th wedding anniversary! We are sailing on our anniversary although it was unintentional on our part, now that I have realized it, I wonder if there are any perks.

Should I tell my travel agent? Or DCL? I have read about some folks geting cake...do you then miss out on the other desserts that night or can you have both? I'm not a real cake fan myself but DH and kids like it.

Are there any other perks to celebrating an anniversary on board?

Thanks for the info!

The cake is the only perk I know about. Let your regular and head servers know the 1st night at dinner. I can't remember if they sing anything for anniversaries-they do sing for birthdays. DH and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on board. If you want regular dessert along with the cake-just let your server know.

Funny thing happened our last cruise-the table next to us had a cake for some type of celebration. DD told the server she wanted one too-out he came with her very own cake!!

They do sing for anniversaries. The cake is actually quite good. We did get other desserts that night(upon the reccomendation of our server) and we took the cake back to our stateroom. We actually wound up eating some that night as a late night snack and some the next morning for breakfast. IT kept fine in the cooler in the room. That is the only perk we got. However our TA did send us a bottle of champagne and gave us an engraved photo album so make sure you tell them too.
Happy Anniversary-Have a great cruise:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

They will definitely give you a cake & sing, and they also give you a Magical Memories button. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on the Wonder in Feb., and I can't imagine a better way to spend it! I also ordered a basket of lottery tickets for hubby from The Perfect Gift--he was VERY surprised.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We celebrated our 10th anniversary on a 3 night Wonder cruise last June. We got a cake the last night of our cruise. We ate in Palo the actual night of our anniversary and our server brought us some special extra dessert (which we ate after the souffles). We had a great trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter