animation tour at MGM

MomofKatie

Dairy World? Fairy World! OH, DARN IT!!
Now that there is no more 2D animation dept in Orlando, what is the animation tour like? Is it still good, or has it become kinda sad, seeing the empty building? We saw it about 6 years ago, and not since then. If you've been lately, what is it like now?

I have a CM friend who works the animation tour, she says that they painted over the windows that used to look inside the artist work area. I have not been on it, but she is upset about how they went about removing that part of the tour. :(

We went on it around a month ago. I wanted to see what was remaining. Not much.
Guests go tour the two rooms like before.
The second room that use to have the windows uncovered, to look over anmation, now remain covered.
Guests walk through the rest of the tour rather quickly, as there is hardly anything to see.
At the end guests can wait to sit and draw, or just continue through the gift shop.

It is rather sad- Especially if you know how it used to be-

My friend used to work Animation and made me see it by myself as she wont see it anymore...

-em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter