Animated Villains Question

Chuckers

Missing My Disneyland Day Trips :(
I was reading about Disney animated movies and the author stated that you always know a Disney villain from the first time you see the character. They're drawn, acted, and/or named so that you have no doubt.

I got to thinking that he was correct, until Frozen. The villain is portrayed as a love interest at first.

Is Frozen the first Disney animated movie where the villain is a surprise? I can't think of any others, myself, but I have admit I haven't seen every movie.

I have seen just about every movie, and I don't think there were any other villain-plot-twists.

I do agree with the author, though, you can usually tell.

Actually, as soon as we first saw -villain in Frozen- (wouldn't want to risk spoilers) my mom leaned over and said "That's the bad guy, isn't it?" I shook my head and said no way, but it turns out she was right.

Looking back on it, he was voiced perfectly for the villain I guess...

I would agree that in most movies the villain is pretty cut and dry from the start – but I also do not think that this is necessarily a bad thing. I am not watching Disney for the plot twists. I was pleasantly surprised about Frozen though, despite the fact that some people caught on quicker than I did apparently.

I just thought it was interesting that Frozen broke a couple of 'traditions' in their animated movies. One being two female heroines and the other being an unsuspected villain.

I'm just happy that Disney deviated from the original storyline… Elsa being the villain. I think that it would have made the film a lot less enjoyable for me.

I'm just happy that Disney deviated from the original storyline… Elsa being the villain. I think that it would have made the film a lot less enjoyable for me.

I agree... they really came up with something different from their normal storyline and it resonated with a lot of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter