Animal Kingdom Value Rooms

Michael Harvey

Earning My Ears
I have been planning a trip for December and just noticed that Disney has opened up a ton of availability for all types of Value rooms (Studio, 1 BR, and 2 BR) at Jambo House for pretty much all dates. I was able to confirm a room change, but any idea why so many rooms could all of a sudden open up? Is it a glitch and there's a possibility my reservation could get cancelled?

Maybe the pool refurbishment caused cancellations? Someone else here did note some openings of value, maybe they were being refurbished?

This has happened before with other rooms, and it is usually due to some planned refurb of rooms for the time period that has been completed well before the time that has now opened up. You will notice that many openings for values are now appearing from August (this month) forward.

Proof that things go on that we know nothing about and that they can remove inventory for many reasons. I have always wondered how VIPs can get DVC rooms when we show no availability.

:earsboy: Bill

Proof that things go on that we know nothing about and that they can remove inventory for many reasons. I have always wondered how VIPs can get DVC rooms when we show no availability.

:earsboy: Bill
Ideally they would fill wait lists requests before they put out more inventory. I have a wait list for a Friday after a cruise in Feb but it has not been filled and is not available.

Yesterday I was just wondering why there was cash availability for Jambo value rooms on the WDW resort webpage when it's so competitive to get through points!! I snagged a few nights Jambo value studio this morning on the DVC page for our spring trip. If I hadn't already banked all of my points, I would be planning a quick September trip down for sure! I still have one night in the middle of my trip on waitlist, so I'm not throwing a party for myself quite yet, but what a way to start a Monday!

DVC site still has this up
" Learn about refurbishments in the Uzima Springs Pool area."what does this mean. Is the pool done or not

I have been planning a trip for December and just noticed that Disney has opened up a ton of availability for all types of Value rooms (Studio, 1 BR, and 2 BR) at Jambo House for pretty much all dates. I was able to confirm a room change, but any idea why so many rooms could all of a sudden open up? Is it a glitch and there's a possibility my reservation could get cancelled?

It is not a glitch.

Your reservation should not be canceled.

My understanding was that Disney had a lot of rooms pulled out of inventory for refurbishment, but just released them, early, and so now they are available on relatively short notice.

It is not a glitch.

Your reservation should not be canceled.

My understanding was that Disney had a lot of rooms pulled out of inventory for refurbishment, but just released them, early, and so now they are available on relatively short notice.

Weren't the rooms that were pulled out of inventory and returned to inventory Animal Kingdom Resort Hotel Rooms and not DVC rooms? The DVC rooms were refurbished in 2016. I think people are getting this all confused.

DVC site still has this up
" Learn about refurbishments in the Uzima Springs Pool area."what does this mean. Is the pool done or not
The Jambo pool refurb. doesn't even start until Sept. and is scheduled to end 12/5 I think.
I'm wondering if it was a glitch - I've been stalking AKV-Jambo almost daily for months to add a night in early Dec. and nothing/nada plus I've had a waitlist since before 7 mo.s which hasn't filled, yet yesterday morning suddenly when I looked AKV-Jambo villas opened and it happened again this morning, apparently (which I didn't see as I wasn't stalking this a.m..)
Now all booking for Jambo villas looks to be shut down - it's light blue (eg: no availability) for all days in all category rooms up to and including 11 month bookings - very interesting, IMO.

I had a studio value in April and LOVED it. We were able to get savanna view and the giraffes were plain view every morning at 5 am eating. Loved it

Hopefully the Jambo rooms were not a glitch because I switched our reservation to a value Jambo unit this morning for the end of August.

Weren't the rooms that were pulled out of inventory and returned to inventory Animal Kingdom Resort Hotel Rooms and not DVC rooms? The DVC rooms were refurbished in 2016. I think people are getting this all confused.
You might be correct, sir! Actually, I don't know. It is just something I heard. But if that is the case, then where DID these rooms come from? The mystery deepens.

Oh oh. I just heard that there was a MAJOR FAILURE of the computer, with respect to availability at JAMBO HOUSE. Supposedly EVERY room was available. It is reported that they have shut it off, but if it was a glitch, you better check it out by giving them a call right away!

Here is where I got my information: It comes from the 'Waitlist Fail' thread:

There was an issue today with Jambo. No reports on what happened or how they’re fixing it. Every room in every category opened for all dates. Then, they took the whole resort out of service for booking though July 2019. This doesn’t seem to be a WL fail, at least not today. It is a fail with their booking program though...

Oh oh. I just heard that there was a MAJOR FAILURE of the computer, with respect to availability at JAMBO HOUSE. Supposedly EVERY room was available. It is reported that they have shut it off, but if it was a glitch, you better check it out by giving them a call right away!

Here is where I got my information: It comes from the 'Waitlist Fail' thread:
Oh wow! That is scary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter