Animal Kingdom Plan with no FoP Fastpass

apxstitch

Mouseketeer
The only attractions I want to see on this visit to Animal Kingdom are Expedition Everest and Flight of Passage and if time permits Navi River Journey.

I have a FP for EE @ 10-11 am and a Navi River @ 12 - 1 pm, will I be able to fit FoP standby in before I leave the park at 4 pm for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I am planning this for the second day of my trip on 11/27.

I can't rope drop because I will be attending after hours on 11/26.

Or should I head over to Animal Kingdom on arrival day and attempt it before the After hours event on 11/26? I should be at the hotel by 3 pm ready to leave for the parks.

I have a 5 day base ticket.

It will all depend on luck to do it on the 27th. Even though just medium crowds are expected, it is also expected that MANY people will go to AK and then hop for MVMCP on MK.

If you get into Navi River at 12, and get in line for FOP at around 12:15, then it is likely you will get out by 4 pm if the ride waits are less than 200 minutes (which is likely).

You could also head over on arrival day, but as there are EMH on AK on that day, then it might be also a little bit too tight to just go over there to ride FOP. I'd try to fix it on the 27th, if you arrive a few minutes late to MVMCP it's okey. It's not likely that the line for FOP would be more than 4 hours. If it's VERY crowded, it'll be between 3 and 3:30 hours at the most, I think,

It will all depend on luck to do it on the 27th. Even though just medium crowds are expected, it is also expected that MANY people will go to AK and then hop for MVMCP on MK.

If you get into Navi River at 12, and get in line for FOP at around 12:15, then it is likely you will get out by 4 pm if the ride waits are less than 200 minutes (which is likely).

You could also head over on arrival day, but as there are EMH on AK on that day, then it might be also a little bit too tight to just go over there to ride FOP. I'd try to fix it on the 27th, if you arrive a few minutes late to MVMCP it's okey. It's not likely that the line for FOP would be more than 4 hours. If it's VERY crowded, it'll be between 3 and 3:30 hours at the most, I think,
Thank you for this advice. I don't mind being a little bit later arrival to MVMCP because I'm doing DAH on 11/26. I will be watching wait times at FoP over the next month. If I miss Navi for FoP then I won't be too disappointed.

Thank you for this advice. I don't mind being a little bit later arrival to MVMCP because I'm doing DAH on 11/26. I will be watching wait times at FoP over the next month. If I miss Navi for FoP then I won't be too disappointed.

Just don't miss FOP. Really. Sacrifice any other ride but don't miss it. As I said in another post, it's probably the only ride worth waiting long lines for (last year, a friend and I went, had a 2:30 hour wait... and when we were out, she insisted we had to repeat, and she'd not even a park freak like me, and did another 1:45 hour wait to go again)

Can you move EE to after 1? Do FoP at 10. As long as the wait is under 3 hours you should be OK.
I've never been on EE either which is high priority as well as FoP. I moved my EE FP to 10am and I will join the FoP standby line shortly after.

Just don't miss FOP. Really. Sacrifice any other ride but don't miss it. As I said in another post, it's probably the only ride worth waiting long lines for (last year, a friend and I went, had a 2:30 hour wait... and when we were out, she insisted we had to repeat, and she'd not even a park freak like me, and did another 1:45 hour wait to go again)
I'm pretty much prepared for a long wait and won't miss out on FoP, it's at the top of my priority list for this visit. Problem is EE is 2nd as that wasn't built the last time I was at AK. I made a FP for EE at 10 am and plan to join the FoP line shortly after. I want to ride EE a couple of times at least because I know I'm going to love it. I think I should be entering FoP line at about 11 am and I don't have to be at the Magic Kingdom until 6 pm so I have 6 hours so maybe I can do FoP twice as well.

Maybe book a FP you are not planning to use for 9-10, once your third FP is used, just spend ever moment in line refreshing the app looking for one.I was able to grab day of FP for FOP last week. Started looking around 2pm, initially found 545, moved it to 505 to eventually 4pm. So never give up hope.

I'm pretty much prepared for a long wait and won't miss out on FoP, it's at the top of my priority list for this visit. Problem is EE is 2nd as that wasn't built the last time I was at AK. I made a FP for EE at 10 am and plan to join the FoP line shortly after. I want to ride EE a couple of times at least because I know I'm going to love it. I think I should be entering FoP line at about 11 am and I don't have to be at the Magic Kingdom until 6 pm so I have 6 hours so maybe I can do FoP twice as well.

You'll probably be able to find another FP for EE, I did it 3 times last time I was there, and all of them were with FP. FOP, on the other hand, will be more tricky to get. Just ride it once, and then you'll decide for yourself if you want to repeat it sacrificing more time, or just go somewhere else. You'll probably be able to snatch a second FP for EE close to your departure time from the park.

Maybe book a FP you are not planning to use for 9-10, once your third FP is used, just spend ever moment in line refreshing the app looking for one.I was able to grab day of FP for FOP last week. Started looking around 2pm, initially found 545, moved it to 505 to eventually 4pm. So never give up hope.
I will remember to do this while I'm in the park. I am still trying everyday to see if I can find one :)

You'll probably be able to find another FP for EE, I did it 3 times last time I was there, and all of them were with FP. FOP, on the other hand, will be more tricky to get. Just ride it once, and then you'll decide for yourself if you want to repeat it sacrificing more time, or just go somewhere else. You'll probably be able to snatch a second FP for EE close to your departure time from the park.
My current #1 attraction is Tower of Terror and I love roller coasters so I have a feeling I'm going to love EE. FoP might be too emotional for me to do more than once. I've been a fan of James Horner's music for almost 30 years before his tragic death and the music from Avatar is one of my all time favorites. I have seen the onride videos of FoP and know his music is used in it and throughout the land. This is why I can't miss Pandora :) I will be sure to check for another EE FP before leaving.

Are you solo? If so, it is very easy to single rider EE if need be. I've never waited more than 10 or 15 minutes in the single rider line. I would be trying to refresh and switch my Navi to FOP from the minute I entered the park that morning- we had luck with getting FOP the day of on our trip a couple of weeks ago. We were 3 people, so if you are solo then you have an even better chance of pulling a FOP the day of while in the park. Navi likely will have a shorter line than FOP- so if you have to stand in line for one then that is the better option if you get lucky and can pull a FOP time. For now, my plan would be to keep the Navi and try to get 2 other FPs burned as soon as I could when I got there. That way once you scan into Navi your 3 are done and you can try to get another Tier 1, so you can keep trying for FOP. We picked up a FOP by trying during the afternoon hours (well technically I was trying for Navi- but an FOP time popped up so we grabbed it) and got to ride it a second time as we had a FP+ for it booked 60 days before our trip. Even if you don't want to do the things you get your Tier 2 FP for, you can go over and scan in and then not do them. As long as you scan- you can burn your Tier 2- so you will be eligible for another Tier 1.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago FOP's line ranged from about 90 minutes to 180 minutes during the day. It had a big surge in the morning which was when it was 180, and then seemed to drop between 90 and 140 after that for most of the day-with it being 120 quite a bit. It was not a high crowd day. 10:00 a.m. was probably the time the line was the absolute longest for the entire day. So many people rush to FOP when they get to the park- even if the line has already build up, that that line is long in the mornings. WE saw that with Slinky Dog too-- 10:00 a.m. seemed to be the peak for the longest lines- at least during our trip days.

As EE is important, if you get into the park before 10:00 a.m., I would immediately begin trying to move my EE FP up to the current time and ride it. Then I would be looking for an available FP anywhere for any Tier 2 attraction. I would either go ride/do that Tier 2, or just scan in. (My goal would be to get to EE soon enough even if it is during your set FP time that you have a big enough window to get another Tier 2 booked before your noon Navi). Then, I would scan in at Navi at 11:55 (you can scan in 5 minutes early) and then as you are now eligible for another Tier 1 I would start trying over and over again for FOP. The best way to do it, is to book some FP+ (anything that is available doesn't have to be Tier 1- as long as you are eligible they will pop up on modify if available)-- I would do late in the afternoon or evening as you aren't going to use it-- then just keep trying over and over to modify it to get FOP. I would go straight from Navi to get in line for FOP no matter how long the line is, and I would use my time in line to keep refreshing to try to get FOP. Then you can either get out of line if you pull one, or use it to ride it again. We did Navi standby shortly after rope drop as our Tier 1 was for FOP- we waited 45 minutes for it as DD was slow that morning so we did not make it before rope drop. Unfortunately, the people behind us in the boat talked extremely loudly the whole time (and not about the ride-- about work and the Farmer's market etc) and they really ruined the ride- and not just for us, but for a teen that was put next to them in the boat as a single. He even asked them to be quiet at one point and the lady said "sorry" and then started talking again about 3 seconds later. So, I was trying to pull a FP+ to ride Navi again that afternoon after our FOP FP+--- I wound up getting an FOP FP+ to come up instead for an almost immediate ride, so we went and did that. I really wanted to ride Navi again so I kept trying and we got in line for it even thought it had a 60 minute wait. Right after we got in line, I was able to pull one that was only 45 minutes away, so we left the line. If you are solo, I would think you might get lucky at pulling a FP+ while you are there if you work at it.

My current #1 attraction is Tower of Terror and I love roller coasters so I have a feeling I'm going to love EE. FoP might be too emotional for me to do more than once. I've been a fan of James Horner's music for almost 30 years before his tragic death and the music from Avatar is one of my all time favorites. I have seen the onride videos of FoP and know his music is used in it and throughout the land. This is why I can't miss Pandora :) I will be sure to check for another EE FP before leaving.

The I believe we have a few things in common. Love rollercoasters. My favorite attraction was Tower of Terror, HS version (yes, the others are not nearly as good)...UNTIL I rode FOP. If you like Avatar, and if you like James Horner, brace yourself to spend the time to ride FOP more than once.

If you want to ride solo, EE is sure to be easy to ride on single riders. Also, you can tell the CM that you are riding solo at FOP entrance...just in case (I was given the chance to go on the FP line all the way to the front, where I said I was solo again to the CM there and they put me on a different line but right there at the end. This was as of July 2017.)

That trip I rode FOP 2 times one day, and 3 times another day. And it is my absolute favorite attraction hands down. So hope you enjoy it!!

Are you solo? If so, it is very easy to single rider EE if need be. I've never waited more than 10 or 15 minutes in the single rider line. I would be trying to refresh and switch my Navi to FOP from the minute I entered the park that morning- we had luck with getting FOP the day of on our trip a couple of weeks ago. We were 3 people, so if you are solo then you have an even better chance of pulling a FOP the day of while in the park. Navi likely will have a shorter line than FOP- so if you have to stand in line for one then that is the better option if you get lucky and can pull a FOP time. For now, my plan would be to keep the Navi and try to get 2 other FPs burned as soon as I could when I got there. That way once you scan into Navi your 3 are done and you can try to get another Tier 1, so you can keep trying for FOP. We picked up a FOP by trying during the afternoon hours (well technically I was trying for Navi- but an FOP time popped up so we grabbed it) and got to ride it a second time as we had a FP+ for it booked 60 days before our trip. Even if you don't want to do the things you get your Tier 2 FP for, you can go over and scan in and then not do them. As long as you scan- you can burn your Tier 2- so you will be eligible for another Tier 1.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago FOP's line ranged from about 90 minutes to 180 minutes during the day. It had a big surge in the morning which was when it was 180, and then seemed to drop between 90 and 140 after that for most of the day-with it being 120 quite a bit. It was not a high crowd day. 10:00 a.m. was probably the time the line was the absolute longest for the entire day. So many people rush to FOP when they get to the park- even if the line has already build up, that that line is long in the mornings. WE saw that with Slinky Dog too-- 10:00 a.m. seemed to be the peak for the longest lines- at least during our trip days.

As EE is important, if you get into the park before 10:00 a.m., I would immediately begin trying to move my EE FP up to the current time and ride it. Then I would be looking for an available FP anywhere for any Tier 2 attraction. I would either go ride/do that Tier 2, or just scan in. (My goal would be to get to EE soon enough even if it is during your set FP time that you have a big enough window to get another Tier 2 booked before your noon Navi). Then, I would scan in at Navi at 11:55 (you can scan in 5 minutes early) and then as you are now eligible for another Tier 1 I would start trying over and over again for FOP. The best way to do it, is to book some FP+ (anything that is available doesn't have to be Tier 1- as long as you are eligible they will pop up on modify if available)-- I would do late in the afternoon or evening as you aren't going to use it-- then just keep trying over and over to modify it to get FOP. I would go straight from Navi to get in line for FOP no matter how long the line is, and I would use my time in line to keep refreshing to try to get FOP. Then you can either get out of line if you pull one, or use it to ride it again. We did Navi standby shortly after rope drop as our Tier 1 was for FOP- we waited 45 minutes for it as DD was slow that morning so we did not make it before rope drop. Unfortunately, the people behind us in the boat talked extremely loudly the whole time (and not about the ride-- about work and the Farmer's market etc) and they really ruined the ride- and not just for us, but for a teen that was put next to them in the boat as a single. He even asked them to be quiet at one point and the lady said "sorry" and then started talking again about 3 seconds later. So, I was trying to pull a FP+ to ride Navi again that afternoon after our FOP FP+--- I wound up getting an FOP FP+ to come up instead for an almost immediate ride, so we went and did that. I really wanted to ride Navi again so I kept trying and we got in line for it even thought it had a 60 minute wait. Right after we got in line, I was able to pull one that was only 45 minutes away, so we left the line. If you are solo, I would think you might get lucky at pulling a FP+ while you are there if you work at it.
Fantastic information. Thanks for taking the time to give me lots of ideas to make my day magical :) I will keep trying for that FoP FP.

The I believe we have a few things in common. Love rollercoasters. My favorite attraction was Tower of Terror, HS version (yes, the others are not nearly as good)...UNTIL I rode FOP. If you like Avatar, and if you like James Horner, brace yourself to spend the time to ride FOP more than once.

If you want to ride solo, EE is sure to be easy to ride on single riders. Also, you can tell the CM that you are riding solo at FOP entrance...just in case (I was given the chance to go on the FP line all the way to the front, where I said I was solo again to the CM there and they put me on a different line but right there at the end. This was as of July 2017.)

That trip I rode FOP 2 times one day, and 3 times another day. And it is my absolute favorite attraction hands down. So hope you enjoy it!!
I know I'm going to love it. It's the # 1 priority for my entire trip and mainly because of that emotional connection to the music of Pandora. I will be sure to mention I'm there solo and see if that helps. If not, I'll wait. I'm also going to keep trying to get the elusive FP :) I'm seriously excited about this one.

Keep refreshing! It is not a guaranteed strategy, but we were there last Saturday. Once I used our 3rd FP (scheduled FP were Safari, Na’vi River, and Kali River) I was able to get 4 FP+ for EE, with start times 30 minutes after we entered the Kali Ride. Once we were in line for EE, I split the party and was able to get 2 FP together and 1 with an overlapping time within an hour of the EE FP. There were 6 in my party, and 5 were tall enough to ride. DH and I took DS4 back to rest, and I refreshed for about 20 minutes and was able to get 3 more FP+ for the evening, so DH and I were able to go with DS9, while grandma and auntie were with DS4. It’s not a guaranteed strategy, but worth trying. The ride was incredible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter