Animal Kingdom, Morning EMH and no Pandora FPs

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a fairly last minute solo trip and have been unable to get FPs for either Flight of Passage or Navi River Journey. I'm staying at Caribbean Beach Resort and have questions about morning EMH at AK on Monday, 1/8 which has a predicted 5 crowd level on Touring Plans. I have been to Animal Kingdom many, many times and have ridden the Pandora rides a couple of times each. I have no plans to ride either the Safari or Kali River Rapids.

What time do the earliest buses run when AK has an 8:00 AM EMH? I'm by nature a very early riser and would prefer to do my Pandora waiting before the parks open.

Is it reasonable to expect to do both Pandora attractions by 9:00 AM if I am at the front of the pack?

Apart from Pandora, I really only want to see Festival of the Lion King and ride Expedition Everest. I currently have a FP for the 11:00 Festival of the Lion King show but am considering trying standby for the 10:00 AM performance. What I'm would you get into the queue?

If I can manage to ride the Avatar rides and then Everest (single rider) before Lion King I could save my FadtPasses for Epcot that evening which would be great!

Thanks!

I'm planning a fairly last minute solo trip and have been unable to get FPs for either Flight of Passage or Navi River Journey. I'm staying at Caribbean Beach Resort and have questions about morning EMH at AK on Monday, 1/8 which has a predicted 5 crowd level on Touring Plans. I have been to Animal Kingdom many, many times and have ridden the Pandora rides a couple of times each. I have no plans to ride either the Safari or Kali River Rapids.

1. What time do the earliest buses run when AK has an 8:00 AM EMH?
2. I'm by nature a very early riser and would prefer to do my Pandora waiting before the parks open.
3. Is it reasonable to expect to do both Pandora attractions by 9:00 AM if I am at the front of the pack?
Apart from Pandora, I really only want to see Festival of the Lion King and ride Expedition Everest.
4. I currently have a FP for the 11:00 Festival of the Lion King show but am considering trying standby for the 10:00 AM performance.
5. What I'm would you get into the queue?
6. If I can manage to ride the Avatar rides and then Everest (single rider) before Lion King I could save my FadtPasses for Epcot that evening which would be great!

Thanks!
1. Figure they will begin about 6:45-ish.
2. OK.
3. If, in fact, the day is a "5," or so, then, yes.
4. 10AM show via walk-up should work just fine.
5. Arrive by 9:40AM, or earlier.
6. That should work fine.

If you are at the front of the pack (arriving at AK gates by around 7), you will likely finish FOP and NRJ by around 8:20 - that was our experience in September and October. I will warn you that, IME, arriving just 15 minutes later will make a HUGE difference in the crowd and where you are in the pack. And I definitely think you'd be fine without a FP for FOLK.

2 years ago we did AM EMH at AK. Granted this was before Pandora but wanted to mention we rode a few rides then made it to FOTLK at 9:45. We were lucky to get in, as they didn't want to seat us but we told them we would stand. We were able to get seats but felt lucky. I think perhaps the 10am show is more popular on EMH days?

You could always book just FOTLK and once you tap in for that go on the app and book 2 for epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter