Animal Kingdom Lodge any standard view rooms that have a partial view

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi: Has anyone stayed at the AKL in a standard view room that had a partial view of a savannah? If so where was it located.

Deb.

Yes. I once booked a Standard View once and was given a view of the "people pens" on the Sunset Savannah. This was a DVC studio, but I assume the AKL rooms on other floors are also designated "standard". Search for "people pen" here on the DIS for more reports.

#5322-DVC studio. It was classified as standard, and I suppose it had a "partial" savannah view, but to me there was nothing "partial" about it. It had a better savannah view than from the savannah view room I'd had only a few months before

We’ve never stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge - our max has been moderate in the past. I was wondering if anyone has gotten a “partial” view if animals at Jambo House? Or if you have better luck hoping for a “partial” view at the main lodge. (I know there isn’t a guarantee)

I know paying for Savannah view is the best option, but a standard is the top of our budget as it is.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We’ve never stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge - our max has been moderate in the past. I was wondering if anyone has gotten a “partial” view if animals at Jambo House? Or if you have better luck hoping for a “partial” view at the main lodge. (I know there isn’t a guarantee)

I know paying for Savannah view is the best option, but a standard is the top of our budget as it is.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jambo House is the main lodge. Kidani is the all-DVC resort. IIRC there are no "partial savannah view" rooms at Kidani. The standard view rooms are all on the non-savannah side (there *might* be a few rooms down near the pool that might have a side view from the balcony).

#5322-DVC studio. It was classified as standard, and I suppose it had a "partial" savannah view, but to me there was nothing "partial" about it. It had a better savannah view than from the savannah view room I'd had only a few months before

Did this room have bunkbeds?

Just be aware that map is not 100% accurate. There are at least 5 on each floor so at least 20 total.
Here is an interactive map where you can see where the standard view rooms are located.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge

@anna0513, is the standard view with bunk beds a booking category? According to the map there are only 3 rooms that fit that bill. Two of them are partial savannah views and one is a pool view.
I tried to figure out which 3 rooms fit that bill and nothing comes up. I must be doing something wrong. How do I get those three to pop up?

I tried to figure out which 3 rooms fit that bill and nothing comes up. I must be doing something wrong. How do I get those three to pop up?
Choose "Standard View/ 1 Queen Bed + Bunk Beds" under Room Type.

We were in room 3218. We booked standard view but we had a view of the animals. It was a perfect room! Very close to the lobby. Giraffes and zebras outside our balcony every night. It was Jambo House, Kudu Trail, Sunset Savannah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!