Animal Kingdom extra magic hours?

ShaneH

Mouseketeer
How busy should I expect Animal Kingdom to be on and extra magic hour day? If we are there right at 8:00 should we be able to get on flight of passage and na'vi river journey without much of a wait? I already have fastpass for Kilimanjaro sarfaris, expedition everest, and an evening river journey but couldnt get one for flight of passage. We are going to the Christmas party at Magic kingdom the night before so it'll be hard to get to Animal kingdom at 8:00 but if we have a good chance of getting on flight of passage without much of a wait we'll make it happen.

You'll probably still want to get there close to 7 on an EMH day to make sure you're at the front of the pack. Head to FOP first and hopefully your wait won't be too long.

How busy should I expect Animal Kingdom to be on and extra magic hour day? If we are there right at 8:00 should we be able to get on flight of passage and na'vi river journey without much of a wait? I already have fastpass for Kilimanjaro sarfaris, expedition everest, and an evening river journey but couldnt get one for flight of passage. We are going to the Christmas party at Magic kingdom the night before so it'll be hard to get to Animal kingdom at 8:00 but if we have a good chance of getting on flight of passage without much of a wait we'll make it happen.

If you get there right at 8:00, you'll likely be in an hour's wait line, if not longer. They let people in earlier than the stated opening even on an EMH day, so that line will already be long.

If getting there earlier than 8:00 is out of the question, then you'd do better to wait and ride FoP at the end of the day/evening than trying it in the morning. Most reports are that the wait is less than an hour just before closing, and since you're not riding anything after, it really doesn't matter if you wait then.

Thanks for the tips guys. Do you know what time the bus starts running to Animal Kingdom in the morning?

I'm in the same boat. Going next weekend and EMH at AK is on Saturday. We're going back for a couple of days the week before Christmas and got FP+ for FOP then, but we were shut out for next week's trip. So I'm debating whether to get up to try next week, or just wait until December. The good news is we're staying at Kidani and will have a car, so if we leave around 7, we'll get there between 7:15 and 7:30. On the other hand, we might just want to sleep in after we get in the night before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter