Animal Kingdom Crowds today

LILJAN59

Mouseketeer
Our Daughter is staying st Kidsni on our points
She went to AK got there at 9 am to find a 2 hr wait at Avatar Flight of Passage
She spoke with a CM and was told there were so many people from off site in line at 7 am they had to open early to avoid a BLACK FRIDAY STAMPEDE!!!
What is wrong down there I’m also concerned about the 149.00 early entry for people with dining reservations!
How much money does Disney need to make anyhow??
At this rate they really need a 5 th gate or park!!!!
What time do the parking lots open anyhow?

We got the AK at 8:22 last Wednesday. Went directly to Avatar Flight of Passage, just as they dropped the rope. We walked off the ride by 9:22. This is the second time we have done that. We weren't at the front of the line by any means, but we were able to board the ride within a reasonable time, 20 minutes or so. Plus the beauty of the line is worth waiting. I won't do a two hour wait, but I have no problem getting there early.

Don’t forget they inflate wait times (drives away crowds plus a nice surprise for those in line), so it’s likely more like 75mins...

I think this is a primer for her on "rope drop." A park that "opens at 9am" actually means the gates open quite a bit sooner, the ceremonial opening occurs, people make their way to their line of choice, and the rides start opening at 9am. And that's if there's no Early Morning Magic or morning Extra Magic Hours that day. If you're there at 9am, you're not really "there at opening," you're late! The diehard early bird crowd lines up for opening and beelines to the most popular rides.

We got the AK at 8:22 last Wednesday. Went directly to Avatar Flight of Passage, just as they dropped the rope. We walked off the ride by 9:22. This is the second time we have done that. We weren't at the front of the line by any means, but we were able to board the ride within a reasonable time, 20 minutes or so. Plus the beauty of the line is worth waiting. I won't do a two hour wait, but I have no problem getting there early.
Thanks for telling me this
We are going in October and will get there early! And if no FP will get there by 8:30

Thanks for telling me this
We are going in October and will get there early! And if no FP will get there by 8:30

Last August we got to AK at 8:30 for a 9:00 opening (a little later then I wanted as we were being slow that morning!) The gates were already open and people in line for FOP. We still didn't have long to wait as we were basically just moving thru the line but we made it to the fastpass merge right as the first fastpassers were entering. We were the first group to be stopped and that's when the line started to slow for the ones behind us then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!