Animal Kingdom 5/1 Touring Plan -- review

Staying at Ft. Wilderness Cabins. Planning to leave by 7:30 am and drive to AK for 9 am park opening.
Breakfast, quick in car.

Hoping to RP and go straight to FOP.

10 am Safari (FP)
Watch Festival of the Lion King
11:20 am River Journey (FP)
Maybe try to catch some characters, see animals
12:20 pm Kali River Rapids (FP)

Drive back to the cabin, lunch and rest

Return to AK around 5:00 pm
(Maybe) Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Characters
Evening Safari
Dinner, QS in park
Rivers of Light 9:15
Explore Pandora, etc until closing

Thoughts/tips?

EE single rider works great. Make sure to do EE- other than Pandora (haven’t been there yet), EE is by far the best rise in the park.

EE single rider works great. Make sure to do EE- other than Pandora (haven’t been there yet), EE is by far the best rise in the park.
I agree! My daughter was too scared of it last time and vowed never to do it again, and my husband doesn't like 'coasters, so if I do go, it'll be single-rider by myself!

If you do RD at 9am, you'll be off FOP and Navi River shortly after 9am (unless it's busy and navi river has a long line) . You then could walk on safari without a FP, just sayin. Or, get some food in Africa before the safari.

I personaly, would never do Na'vi river again, unless it was a walk on with no wait.

FOP made me so nauseated, won't do that again. LOVE, LOVE pandora at night, AMAZING!!

d

We love EE with single rider line. When we were there last time, we rode it 10 times in a row single rider. Wait was only about 5 minutes each time.

EE was horrible for me. I'm in my early 50's..prone to nausea. I can do Thunder Mtn, Spiderman, Gringgots, but This ride about did me in - I thought I'd have a stroke before it ended. I had to return to the hotel - it ruined the rest of the day for me in the park.

Be prepared for the likelihood that opening hours change to 8am which will mean u have to get there much earlier

Josh at easyWdw has several posts about how to rope drop pandora that you will find useful. Here is one: https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/r...with-an-8am-flight-of-passage-fastpass-31518/

It seems it's way easier to rope drop navi river, and FOP can still be really tough...so u might want to consider getting a FP for that if at all possible

Be prepared for the likelihood that opening hours change to 8am which will mean u have to get there much earlier

Josh at easyWdw has several posts about how to rope drop pandora that you will find useful. Here is one: https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/r...with-an-8am-flight-of-passage-fastpass-31518/

It seems it's way easier to rope drop navi river, and FOP can still be really tough...so u might want to consider getting a FP for that if at all possible
The evening already extended from an 8 or 9 PM close to a 10 PM close. Is it likely it will extend earlier in the morning as well?

If you do RD at 9am, you'll be off FOP and Navi River shortly after 9am (unless it's busy and navi river has a long line) . You then could walk on safari without a FP, just sayin. Or, get some food in Africa before the safari.

I personaly, would never do Na'vi river again, unless it was a walk on with no wait.

FOP made me so nauseated, won't do that again. LOVE, LOVE pandora at night, AMAZING!!

d
I heard FOP is similar to Soarin' (one of my favorite rides) but with a little more of the movements of Star Tours? Have you been on these three to compare? If we end up not needing the FP I may try to switch them out for different same-day FP's. We picked AK specifically to visit Pandora for the first time. :)

EE was horrible for me. I'm in my early 50's..prone to nausea. I can do Thunder Mtn, Spiderman, Gringgots, but This ride about did me in - I thought I'd have a stroke before it ended. I had to return to the hotel - it ruined the rest of the day for me in the park.
The broken track and going backwards was horrible for my daughter, but none of us got sick from it. So sorry it affected you so badly!

Yes I’ve done all three, and by far FOOP was the worst. FOP was more extreme to me then start yours or soarin. I think soarin was quite relaxing and nice, star tours was similar but maybe on a scale of 3/10 versus FOP at 9/10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter