Animal Kingdom 2 Bedroom Value Info Needed

Wendybird55

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Based on available points, dates and needs it looks like a 2 bedroom Value at Animal Kingdom will fit the bill for us. Can anyone tell me what a 2 bedroom values is like? We've stayed 2 bedroom at Wilderness and Boardwalk...aside from the view, just curious what (if any) difference there may be with the room size, location and layout.

Thanks...

All of the AKV Value villas are in Jambo House. The footprint of the rooms are slightly smaller than similar rooms at Kidani Village. I think that probably the biggest difference is that a two-bedroom value has two bathrooms while a two-bedroom at Kidani Village has three bathrooms. This means that in the value villa the master bathroom is shared with whoever is staying on the foldout couch in the living room. There's a short hallway between the master bedroom and the master bathroom. This makes the master bedroom a little smaller.

We stayed in a value 2-bedroom about a year ago. It was nice. We didn't luck out and get a savanna view, we had a view of the roof of Boma and the pool. Still the room was very nice. We didn't have anyone staying in the living room so there wasn't an issue of sharing the master bath. Oh, the laundry is in a closet at the end of the short hallway between the master bath and the master bedroom.

The value two bedroom is limited to eight people and there is no sleeper chair because the room is about three feet shorter in depth. They are all lockoffs. So the second bedroom has one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa.

Hi,

Based on available points, dates and needs it looks like a 2 bedroom Value at Animal Kingdom will fit the bill for us. Can anyone tell me what a 2 bedroom values is like? We've stayed 2 bedroom at Wilderness and Boardwalk...aside from the view, just curious what (if any) difference there may be with the room size, location and layout.

Thanks...

Not sure if you are an owner at AKV, but it's pretty hard to get a value 2 bedroom at the 7 month mark. We just booked at the 11 month mark and MS said that she was "snagging" one for us. They are all lockoffs, so for every value studio that's booked that's 1 less 2bdrm value for someone else.

Sounds like the room will work for us. We are just 4...my hussband, son myself and my sister. a 2 bedroom offers some extra privacy for my sister. 2 bathrooms are plenty.we're looking to go the last week of August and renting points from friend who's home is Saratoga so we have to wait for the 7 month mark. I guess all we can do is try. Otherwise for the points my friends have our other option is 1 less night in a 2 bedroom Boardwalk standard. We've alwasy been able to get boardwalk standard that time of the year at 7 month. Hopefull we will luck out with Valuse AKV as I would prefer the extra night.

Thanks...

We've been lucky and got a 1BR and 2BR value last year. Here's a video "tour" of the 1BR value savannah view. Lighting is a bit iffy as it was bedtime, but we thought it was a great room and a great value. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Jqbk5HonA
That's the last time I buy a camera without image stabilization. :)

Thanks for the link...I stay in AK the first or second year the resort opened - never in DVC...looking forward to it. If we're staying DVC, we can book a sunrise safari - right? I believe it's only for guests of the resort.

Thanks for the link...I stay in AK the first or second year the resort opened - never in DVC...looking forward to it. If we're staying DVC, we can book a sunrise safari - right? I believe it's only for guests of the resort.

Only if you are staying on the concierge level. If you are not concierge, you cannot book the sunrise safari. But you can book the sunset safari.

All of the AKV Value villas are in Jambo House. The footprint of the rooms are slightly smaller than similar rooms at Kidani Village. I think that probably the biggest difference is that a two-bedroom value has two bathrooms while a two-bedroom at Kidani Village has three bathrooms. This means that in the value villa the master bathroom is shared with whoever is staying on the foldout couch in the living room. There's a short hallway between the master bedroom and the master bathroom. This makes the master bedroom a little smaller.

We stayed in a value 2-bedroom about a year ago. It was nice. We didn't luck out and get a savanna view, we had a view of the roof of Boma and the pool. Still the room was very nice. We didn't have anyone staying in the living room so there wasn't an issue of sharing the master bath. Oh, the laundry is in a closet at the end of the short hallway between the master bath and the master bedroom.

Thanks I was needed this also

Sunset safari sounds just as nice...we just like to try a new experience each time we go..now I just have to wait until the 7 month mark. Do you think we have a shot at a 2 bedroom value at 7 months if we want to go the week of Aug. 26?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter