Angelrose's Journey

Thank you minnie56, macraven, and AnnaS. I will try and keep positive.

As for Christmas, the Elf on the Shelf will be arriving on Saturday probably with a letter from Santa. Then every few days the kids will get an ornament from Santa. We will be getting our pictures taken sometime next week I think for our Christmas cards. Karen has designed them and as soon as we get the pictures from Shutterfly we will order the cards. It's always a fun thing to do.

Christmas Eve the kids get one present after dinner and then off to bed early. Chuck and Karen will watch White Christmas together and I will watch the Balanchine Nutcracker ballet.

Christmas day I'm sure the kids will wake up early but they know not to come downstairs until mommy and daddy wake up. Then the kids open their stocking presents and we have French toast for breakfast and then down to opening the presents. Then it's just enjoying the day and lunch and dinner.

Sounds like it’s going to be a very fun Christmas for you and the family

Elf on the shelf is coming up soon!

I'll tell you a secret. I enjoy looking for Dweezel Ivy as much ( or even more) than the kids. Yes that is his name. Chuck named him Dweezel and Ivy is Karen's maiden name.

Sounds like you have a wonderful Christmas planned there with the family. God Bless!!

Hi Mary!! So glad to hear you are feeling good.

We went upstate to my sister for Thanksgiving, about 18 of us, it was nice to see everyone. Then 150 mile drive back to NJ on Friday. Our basement flooded a little this weekend, and there is "another" leak in the kitchen ceiling. Ah, the joys of home ownership, lol!

Hope you get a good report from the doctor!!! :love2:

Oh, and I just went back and re-enjoyed your last trip report, I love your pictures!!!

Thank you AnnaS, I always enjoy our holidays together.

Thanks snappyD. Sorry to hear about the leaks. Is this from the water main break or flooding? I saw some of the damage in PA on the news last night. Glad you enjoyed my last report again. I do that sometimes too.

Thanks minnie56. Can't wait until Saturday when he comes to visit.

I went to the doctor's on Friday to get the results on the scan. He told me it wasn't good news. He again asked me to consider going on the clinical trials. I told him I would think about it. He was amazed that I still don't have any symptoms or pain when he examined me. He did mention palliative care. He said he couldn't wait to see me on medical marijuana. LOL

Karen took me out to dinner as usual. She told me that she had seen my scans. Some of the tumors had tripled in size in the two months since the last scan. Some of them had just doubled and there are more of them. This is what I needed to hear. Don't sugar coat things for me. I know my doctor feels so bad that he can't do anything for me. He is very kind. So let's think about the clinical trials. If I do get in I will never know if I am going through all this for the medicine or a placebo. If by some miracle I do get the drug, and by another miracle it works and I am cancer free, for how long? My doctor told me that whatever I do it will come back. I just can't go though that. I just can't do it. I know my cousin and some friends are urging me to do it, but I have made up my mind.

I am just going to enjoy my grandkids and Chuck and Karen as long as I can. I am going to eat whatever I want and not worry about calories. I am going to have as much fun and laugh as much as I can until I can't.

Sorry to give you all such bad news this close to the holidays. But I figured you'd want to know. Just don't give up on those prayers for me. God answers all prayers. Unfortunately sometimes the answer is no. I can live with that.

Oh Angelrose , I'm so sorry... can they not try chemo? Radiation? I hear what you're saying about the placebo vs the authentic drug, I wish there was something they're having good results with that you could try that might help. The prayers will never stop, I believe in the power of prayer so you've got them, lots of them.

Your positive outlook and strength amaze me ..bless you. I pray for an abundance of time for you and for you not to hurt. This world is better with you in it!

Hugs sweet you...

Mary, so very sorry to hear the news of your latest report. Prayers for you and your family will continue. I hope you are able to have the most wonderful holiday you’ve ever had this year.

Thank you minnie56. I did try a kind of chemo that did me absolutely no good whatsoever. Radiation is not possible for me. It wouldn't work for me. I have made my peace with God and know I will soon get to see my Ron. Always something good to look forward to.

Thank you frog3101. I'm sure it will be.

Oh Mary, I am so sorry that your diagnosis is not good. We never know what’s in store for us, but you sound at peace with your decision. We’re here to support you. Funny how we all don’t know each other in real life but we can be supportive.
I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday this year.

:rose: I see, I'd forgotten ...
Stay well , take it a day at a time... all we all can do really.
You've got a village behind you that's for sure!

I'm so saddened for this news Angelrose.

But I agree with your plan, if this is what you want, then make the most of your time. Not only will you be happy and enjoying your family, you'll be giving your family more wonderful memories to have later on.

I wish you and your family a happy, loving and peaceful holiday full of contentment and joy.

I feel lucky I got to know you through your posts. And I hope to read many more!

:)

I’m an oncology RN, I respect your decision, I’ve seen too many people put themselves through misery because their family wants them to do everything possible. Only He knows when he’ll take you home. Do as you wish and remain without pain.

Angelrose you are still on my prayer list and I know you have faith

Peace be with you and your family

Hugs

I’m so sorry to hear the results were not good, but again, I must say that I admire your attitude and respect your resolve. You are already surprising the doctor, so just continue to do what you’re doing! Love, laughter and family sometimes really are the best medicine.

I hope you and your family enjoy the Christmas season and all of the beauty and fun it brings. You will continue to be in my thoughts.

I don't usually comment much, but I, too, am sending prayers for you and have so much admiration for your lovely attitude and spirit. I hope you find peace with your decisions and have a wonderful holiday with your family. You have so many people who are keeping you in their thoughts and prayers, including me!

Angelrose
I read your first thread when you shared info about your husband with us
It was sad that you lost him
We all cried with you

Now you have shared your recent medical info with us, all of us will keep you in our prayers

You are very loved and a strong believer

You will not be going on this journey by yourself
You have many prayer warriors that lift you up to the Lord

Peace be with you

Miracles happen all the time

Share with us as you go on this journey
I believe you will have many friends have prayed for you

let us to help and comfort you

These are not just words I say but words I believe

You are loved by many

We
Will
Minister to you

Please be at peace
Your family loves you and your readers
Want to comfort you as you travel through you life
You are a lovely lady of great faith

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!