Angelrose's Journey

Thank you all for your concern and support. I have been a bit tired lately and that made me grumpy. I didn't want to come here with that attitude. But I feel better now. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday which I am not looking forward to. But I will deal with whatever it is. Nothing can get me down now that our trip is so close. I have my suitcase all packed except for the last minute things. We have all our fast passes and our party tickets. I have my plane reservations, my scooter rented, my Meers car to take me from the airport to our condo and my cousin is all set to take me to our airport and then pick me up when I come home. I want to leave NOW! Karen even put on my reservation that I will need a wheelchair at both airports.

When I get to the condo we will all rest up for a couple of hours, have our lunch and then go to the Magic Kingdom and stay until closing.

Karen is going to be Minnie Mouse for the Halloween party, Zoey is going to be a mermaid, Jesse is going to be a pirate and Chuck will put on a pirate t shirt. I have pirate pants and shorts. I couldn't find a pirate shirt that I liked, but I did find a Day of the Dead flower skull that I loved and have earrings that match. So I will be a Day of the Dead pirate. That is very strange but it fits my personality.

I will try and post more often. I am not going to let being tired make me grumpy anymore!

Glad you are back Angelrose! I’ve been worried about you these past couple weeks. I’ve enjoyed reading your updates over the years. I don't really post often, but I come on your thread once a week or so, just to read how you're doing. You seem so kind, kind of a Dis Grandmother!

There’s probably know way to not be awkward in bringing this up- But if anything ever did happen to you I hope you son or daughter-in-law would pop on here, when appropriate, to update your Dis family.

Know you’re prayed for.

So glad to see you post. We all have grumpy days and you’re allowed. Have a FANTASTIC trip! We’ll be watching for updates and tidbits. We know you’ll make us smile.

Whew ...at last!
I'm so so relieved that you checked in !
It's so ok to be grumpy , happens to all of us one time or another..
You can be grumpy here with us , vent, complain , cry ..whatever you need to do. There are many shoulders here to lean on. We've got your back sweet lady , big hugs xx

hey Mary! WHEW! We thought maybe you and Karen left us and took your vaudville act on the road! We’re so glad you checked in with us. GRUMPY? Nah, not a big deal. Not like we can’t handle it. Whatever you need..... we are here for you! :jester:

AND if you are going to be a pirate, you need a pirate joke: where is a pirate’s favorite fast -food restaurant? ARRRRBYs of course!

Mary! There you are! Honey, we all get grumpy from time-to-time. This is a great place to vent. Sometimes people in real life can’t (won’t?) listen. I know your amazing son & DDIL are great support, but use us too. We’re here for you!

Day of the Dead Pirate sounds great to me. My grandsons have a book “Trick arrrr Treat”. Great for 3 & 4 year olds. Grumpy’s Gal, your Arrrrbys joke reminded me of that book. Gotta dig it out.

Thank you CoachMastermind. I like being a DIS Grandmother! LOL Karen will post an update when I pass on. Hopefully not for another 10 years or so.

Thank you Nora03. I will keep you all updated on my trip.

Thank you minnie56, Grumpy'sGal and minniecarousel. I know I can come here and vent and that is very comforting for me. I guess I just don't want to give in and vent to you all. I want to always be upbeat here. I guess that is not possible. When I get miserable, I want to curl up and try and make it all go away. Your prayers and support have always sustained me. I don't want to let you down by crying on your shoulders. But I guess that's what friends are for. Thank you.

I will make sure to post updates more frequently.

Awww you have always been able to come here and find I hope, some solace amongst us.
We've been the distance along with your 'real life ' family in this journey from the start. We all came together during a sad and frightening time and now is no different. We are all here during the ups and downs and grumpy mopey days ..we can rally around and lend an ear and a shoulder and maybe even to cheer you up .. you don't have to be brave or pretend to be happy for anyone!! Nope, not here, not us. We got this and we got you covered. We too are part of your support system and yes , you'll be here for lotssss of time to come ! Hugs

Good to hear from you! Stay strong, keep laughing, and get ready for your vacation!!!

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!!

Thank you minnie56. No more pretending to be happy when I'm in need of a shoulder. I know I can count on all my friends here on the DIS.

Thank you AnnaS, DisneyMim and pigletliz. I think we are all going to start packing this weekend. I have most of mine done, but will get the rest packed. We are all chomping at the bit to finally go. This will be the last Disney trip for 4 years this time. The kids will be taking Jesse and Zoey to the Canadian side of the falls next year and to Dollywood. Both of those require lots of walking and I just can't handle that anymore. The next time we go to Disney will be the 50th anniversary and we will try and be there on the first day. I believe it will be in October, so that is perfect for us.

Have a wonderful trip, Mary! I hope you continue to feel ok and soak up all of those awesome moments with your family. I’m already looking forward to your trip report. :)

I'm so happy you came back and posted. I'm looking forward to your trip almost as much as you are. I love your pictures and reports.
Rest as much as you need to. Have a wonderful time!!! xoxo

Have the BEST trip filled with magic and Pixie dust!
I’m there in November ..sadly after you ...another time maybe!
Safe travels and I’m glad you know that are here for you no matter what.
Big hugs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter