Angelrose's Journey

Oh I so appreciate all the support and love. I really need it tonight. I am having some problems and Karen is trying to calm me down. I admit I am scared and hope this will pass without getting worse.

Thank you all so much. I can't tell you how your love and prayers have lifted me up. I am determined to go to Disney next month. No matter what!

More prayers and hugs for you. I have really enjoyed your stories over the years. We look forward to hearing your October trip report. :hug:

Thank you pigletiz. I think I have calmed down a bit. I'll have to see how the rest of the night goes.

I'm sorry to read your news. Your attitude is amazing and you continue to inspire me. I've needed that quite badly at times and I thank you.

Now about that trip... I love reading about those too.

Thank you Planogirl. I am so ready to pack my suitcase. Being it's a month away I think I'll try and restrain myself.

I am still having the same problem, but Karen did say my surgeon said this would happen. I just didn't remember that. I have calmed down, but I can't stop feeling worried, just a bit. I'll just have to wait and see what my other doctor says at the end of the month.

Love your spirit and hope you have the most wonderful trip ever.

Doctors don't know everything. They told my aunt she had 6 months and she lived for 6 years with a rare liver disease. She also had an incredible spirit.

You will be in my prayers.

So sorry to hear you got bad news. I believe your spirit and zest for life is strong, and that you will handle what you have to with grace and strength. I will continue to pray for you and your family. I will be waiting to hear about your next family trip. Thank you for sharing with us.

Mary! We SO appreciate YOU and your zest for life. One thing we appreciate so much about you is your ability to describe situations. From your trips out to eat to your spectacular trip reports, we can SEE it just as you are describing it. It seems like we are right there with you! I wish all the best for you on your October trip!:flower3:

I wholeheartedly agree with Grumpy's Gal (love your descriptive reports, etc.) and a lot of the PPs. We love your positive attitude! Mary, I think of you often and will be praying for you and your family. Please enjoy them and have a wonderful trip in Oct.! Looking forward to hearing all about it!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Dear sweet Angelrose, Mary, it was with such a heavy heart that I read your latest update with the news from your doctor. Like so many followers, I began reading your story when you first asked for prayers for your beloved husband, Ron. I thoroughly enjoy reading all your Disney trip reports and love seeing the pictures of your beautiful family. I feel that I have come to know you and your family and feel so blessed to have done so. Your courage, faith and positive attitude serve as such an inspiration to so many people. And I thank you for that. Please know that I hold you close to my heart and keep you in my daily novenas. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer.

Thank you tink1957. I agree with you. Only God knows when to call me home. Until then I plan on enjoying my beautiful family and life full of laughs. I tell everyone how they torture me but no one seems to believe me. I can't think why. LOL Maybe because we are all laughing when I say it.

Thank you piglet50. I appreciate the prayers, believe me.

Thank you Grumpy's Gal. I do love writing all about our trips. I make notes all day and then ask Karen what we did after such and such. My memory isn't what it used to be. It all comes together every night when we get back to our condo. It's fun for me to remember everything we did that day.

Thank you BellaBaby. I try and be positive. Some days it's a little harder than others, but I get there. How can I help it with my family and friends always being there for me?

Thank you mlittig. I am so grateful for you kind words and your prayers. I do believe in the power of prayers also.

Hello my friends. I had my appointment with my cancer doctor to tell me the results of the cat scan. It wasn't good news. The cancer has spread into my liver and a bit in my lungs. There isn't much they can do except to put me in clinical trials. I'm not going to do that at my age. Right now I feel fine and can do things and take care of myself. Those clinical trials would make me feel like crap and most likely wouldn't help anyway. Not going to put myself through that.

I am at peace with this. I didn't ask the doctor about a time frame. I will live each day to the fullest and laugh and enjoy myself until I can't. Karen had a few tears and the lady that gave me my treatments was very upset and cried. But no tears from me. I have had a very good life. No one could ask for a better husband and family. I have been truly blessed.

Right now I am very excited about our upcoming trip to Disney World.

It was Zoey's birthday today and we all got our nails done and then we all went out to dinner at Olive Garden. We had a wonderful day, except for the results. We won't tell the kids anything until it becomes apparent that there is something wrong. Then we will all get together and tell them about the cancer. That's the thing I dread the most. I know Jesse will take it very hard. I think he knows something is not right because he told Karen that I looked so tired. I will have to watch that. Zoey is still too young to pick up on things. I will keep posting and I might be able to make a trip report for October.

Thank you all for your support and prayers all these years. It means a lot to me.

My heart is heavy right now reading this update......I admire your attitude. I have been through all this with my immediate family members and a very dear friend. We can all go at any time. You have been blessed with a loving family, husband and life. After a while, we become numb to this and will have to accept it for what it is. You do have today to enjoy. No one knows when we will be called to join our loved ones. Every day I am thankful I wake up and have another day. Many worry about aging. I say, I hope I get there someday. I don't like the alternative.

I will keep you in my prayers my friend. I hope you are feeling well for a long time. Enjoy Disney!!!!! You will be sick almost immediately with the clinical trials. Enjoy your beautiful family. Hang around us :) - We are all here for you!!!

Mary, this shocked me. I feel so sad. BUT, you have such a strong spirit I am confident we will have many trip reports from you in the future.

My friend/neighbor had lung cancer. They removed one of her lungs 11 year ago. She refused to take any treatment. The doctor thought she was crazy. Guess what? She lived 11 years after that. Prayer and determination sometimes do more than medical treatments.

Please enjoy the next trip and tell us all about it. I know there will be more.

Love, Judy

Thinking about you tonight and wondering how you're feeling? A little better and less worried I hope!
Big hugs as always

Oh, no, I'm so sorry to hear this latest news.. I had so hoped that you would have gotten a more positive report. I admire and agree with your decision to forego any trials. Like you and others have said, you would probably feel crappy on them and with no real guarantee it would even help, much better to just live your life to the fullest with your beautiful family. I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi there,

I also have been following your thread for quite some time.

I can't explain how it breaks my heart to read your latest update. You come across as such a sweet, strong soul.
I have my own diagnosis as of late to deal with, while not terminal, scary none the less. I get strength reading your posts!

Please don't be afraid, let everyone who loves you close and far take care of you. Being at peace brings it's own comfort and strength.

I wish for you everything great in this world and beyond, and please enjoy Disney in October for all of us!

:)

We're all here for you Angelrose as you can see .... I hope we hear from you soon that you're ok .. and Farro , sending you prayers and positive thoughts too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!