Angelrose's Journey

I loved the Beanie Boards!!! One year I won the Halloween contest, only thing I have ever won!

So glad you are keeping your spirits up, I know how you love Christmas. Continued prayers and good thoughts!!! :hug:

Thanks snappyd. I found a quote that I am going to use now. "I have cancer, cancer doesn't have me". That is how I feel right now. I'm not going to let it get me down. I just have to just get through this hurtle and get on with my life. I have an Irish and Italian temper on me so cancer better take heed!

Thanks snappyd. I found a quote that I am going to use now. "I have cancer, cancer doesn't have me". That is how I feel right now. I'm not going to let it get me down. I just have to just get through this hurtle and get on with my life. I have an Irish and Italian temper on me so cancer better take heed!

LOL! My Mom was Irish and my husband is Italian, I get it!

It takes me a long time to lose it, but when I do, it's best to be in another county. My Ron found that out VERY early in our marriage. LOL He had this startled look on his face. I'm usually so quiet and happy. He learned very fast not to poke the bear.

“Poke the bear”, haha, I love it!

I’m impressed that you have the energy to do baking & preparing the nuts. I just finished wrapping & have one present left to buy. I mailed the box to North Carolina yesterday. Cookies will be made next week. I have a very enthusiastic 3 1/2 year old assistant baker - this should be fun!

Still hoping & praying that things work out well for you.

Thanks minniecarousel. I have one more pumpkin bread to make tomorrow and then I am done. I have to do everything in the morning and then take a nap after lunch. I do get so tired so easily.

Monday I have the pet scan and the MRI. Chuck told me that for the pet scan I have to drink a radioactive barium. YAYYYY I'm going to glow orange. He also said it tastes nasty. Great, even better. Is it Tuesday yet?

snappyd, I LOVE that t shirt! LOL

Thanks AnnaS and Grumpy's Gal. Let's just say I survived. First the Pet scan. They give you an IV injection of radioactive stuff, then you sit in a recliner in a darkened room with nothing to do, no reading or talking allowed for an hour and a half. That was fun. Then the Pet scan was sort of like an MRI but quieter. That took about an hour. Then I was supposed to have the MRI done at 3:30, but they were backed up and I couldn't get mine until 4:30. OK At least I could read my Kindle and they gave me Saltines (with no salt on top)?? to eat. OK into the room with the MRI. No problem. Until they stopped and told me they couldn't get a good picture until I injected two syringes of gel into you know where. OH NOOOOOOO. I was already bleeding heavily and I tried but couldn't get it in. I started to cry and they said they really needed me to try again. So I did and was successful this time. That by itself was traumatic for me. Then it took about another hour or so to get all the images they needed.

They didn't have any towels left, so I had to use a pillow case. LOL I told them to burn it after I cleaned up. Oh yes, I also had another IV injection of something or other before the MRI.

After all that it was close to 6. Karen made sure I was alright and the nurses were so nice to me after all that. As a treat, Karen took me to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner! OH MYYYYYY I was so hungry. I ordered chicken and biscuits. There was enough for three people! I had it for lunch today and probably for lunch tomorrow. We both ordered our cheesecake to go. I got the Red Velvet cheesecake and Karen got the lemon, whit chocolate , raspberry cheesecake to go.

Karen drove me home and I got in the door a little after 9. I was so exhausted. I ran up and got a long hot shower and went to bed.

Today, I got up at 6, turned the coffee on and the news and promptly fell asleep until 8. I had my coffee and some of the cheesecake for breakfast. Then I dosed off and on the rest of the day. I felt like my arms and legs were dipped in cement. I finally stopped bleeding so badly and tonight I think I'm just about human. Tomorrow I find out the results. Then we all go out to dinner at Sucora for Chuck's birthday dinner. I'm a bit scared of the results, but whatever it is, I will face it and I will win this battle!

What an afternoon! So glad that's done with. You WILL be able to handle whatever comes your way. Have faith. You are so blessed to have Chuck & Karen. Hang in there.

What an ordeal Mary - glad that part is over and done with. As I mentioned on one of my posts earlier - I know a little too much about cancer :( - I took my mom (breast cancer) and my sister (lung cancer) many times for tests and treatments. My dad had lung cancer also - but he wanted no treatments/tests. My brother in law had melanoma - but I never went with him. Hubby went a few times. I also went a few times with my very good friend/next door neighbor of 25 years (colon cancer). During one of my sister's pet scan, they blew her vein. I was in tears. I am so glad you have Karen and Chuck through it all. We are all patiently waiting with you - it will all be good - just a detour on your journey.

I had my coffee and some of the cheesecake for breakfast.

Mary! You are a wild woman! CHEESE CAKE for BREAKFAST! Ha ha don't tell my DH that is an acceptable breakfast.:P

Seriously, so glad the procedures are all behind you now. Now you can focus on the holiday and your family, and of course, Chucks birthday!:bday:

What an ordeal! Sorry you had to go through all that but I bet you are glad it is over with. The Cheesecake Factory is a good place to go after all that. Glad you are feeling a little better now.

I didn't get as many answers I had hoped today. The good news is that it hasn't invaded my rectum. The bad news is that it has invaded one of my lymph nodes. I have to see yet another doctor. This one specializes is melanomas. He wants to see my biopsy and do some tests on it to see if it has invaded any other lymph nodes microscopically. Then I will probably get some shots every three or four weeks. Hopefully that will be all I have to go through. My appointment is for the 29th, so hopefully I will have more answers then.

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts.

Well that’s not too bad Angelrose? Hopefully, next appt the Dr will have more thoughts from the findings and a clear treatment plan. Prayers it’s minimal and you can get on with life! It’s been a tough couple of days ( weeks!) ..biggest hugs to you.❤️ You’ll kick this! Xo

So glad to hear you are through with the ordeal of the tests, Angelrose. Continuing to send you good thoughts and prayers.

Thanks minnie56. I just had hopes that I would have all the answers. I get so emotional with all this. Thank God I have Karen with me. Oh, I forgot to tell you. Karen made me wear my t shirt that said "Dear Santa, I can explain" on it and she wore a Disney Christmas t shirt. AND we both wore elf hats. Of course we both looked ridiculous. But I looked at her and she looked at me and we both said, "how do I look?" We both said, "ridiculous". Karen said, "Good my work here is done". At least we made a lot of people laugh. One was a patient who thought we worked there. When I told her I was a patient, she laughed and said she just wore her pajamas. LOL She was there for chemo.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers dumboiu.

Oh Angelrose I know it would have been better to know everything already but sometimes the wheels of medicine turn slowly and all results have to be processed before they feel assured enough to pass along their diagnosis and treatment recommendations. Its the waiting that is the absolute worst ! I’ll keep only positive thoughts that there will be a big sigh of relief when you next see the Dr!

How fortunate that you and Karen get along so well. You both seem like amazingly fun folks to be around. Praying that things go well for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter