Angelrose's Journey

Thank you all for your good thoughts. The exam went well. I just took a nap and when I woke up it was over. The oncologist knows how big it is, but not if it has gone elsewhere. She told Karen that this melanoma is treatable, but it is highly likely that it will return. Not what I wanted to hear at all. I need to still get a pet scan and an MRI and then I go back to her in two weeks. I do have some questions for her, like what is the life expectancy for this type of cancer and how long between returns. I know she might not be able to answer these questions but she can give me an idea.

I still plan to live 20 more years so the cancer better take note!

I have so many wonderful decorations but I think my favorite is a little blown glass owl I got a few years ago at a Christmas store in Cape May. I also love all the Hallmark Frosty Friends ornaments. I have the very first one and I think we are going on 36 years or more now. I have a favorite stuffed Mickey snowman that I got on Ron and my last visit to Disney World. He sits here on my computer table with his very own Mickey snowman pin attached to his scarf. I think I have about 4 of those pins. I also love my Annalee figures. ummmmmmmm I think I have too many favorites!

I’m so glad it hasn’t spread ..and even if it comes back, they’ll be looking for it so can get it again!
At least they’re up against the known as opposed to unknown. That in mind, treatment gets better and improves with new techniques all the time ..that’s in your corner.

Your ornaments and collectibles sounds beautiful ..they tell a story and stir memories of your journey thus far!
That’s always lovely ..

Hang in there , keep positive and know there’s power in prayer and you have oh so many!
Big hugs xoxo

Thank you minnie56. I have so many people praying for me that I know I will be in good hands. My whole Weight Watchers team is praying for me, even people that are in different groups are praying for me. I have all you wonderful friends who are praying for me, plus my family. I am so lucky.

Glad your exam went well. And really glad you have Karen!

No, I don't think you have too many favorites! Just curious, did you collect Christmas decorations your whole life? Or just your adult life?did you make any as a child?

I made some ( horrible) tree decorations for my grandma when I was five years old. I traced around a tree cookie cutter on felt and cut it out. Then I glued yarn and sequins and buttons on. It was just held together with elmers glue. Later, my grandma must've sewed the sequins and buttons on to make them stay. She had it front and center on her tree every year. After she passed, my mom gave those ornaments back to me. At the time I made them, I thought they were great! But now that I see them every year, they're really awful! Haha! I think that is my oldest ornament but certainly not my favorite.

Glad you got some answers Mary. I agree, once they know what to look for, you can stay on top of it. I am a big believer in the power of prayer! You’ve got so much in your corner!

I love decorating for Christmas. Ben arrived on Monday morning a little disappointed because I had finished the 2nd tree (one is Disney only). He so enjoys the Disney train under that tree. He is allowed to run it himself!

Grumpy'sGal I started collecting Christmas ornaments when I got married. At first we had a real tree but then Ron refused to pay the high prices and went out in the woods to cut down a tree. They weren't quite perfect, so Ron would drill holes in the trunk and add extra boughs. LOL I finally gave in and we got a fake tree. Back then you had to fit each branch in separately, then add strings of lights before you could decorate. I always loved decorating, Ron, not so much. I finally told him that his job ended with putting the lights on. I did all the decorating. One year he decided to help me. "No, that doesn't go there, it goes here". After that he would just get the ornaments out of the box and hand them to me. LOL He did love to see all the decorations I put all around the house. He once said, he was afraid to stand still or I would decorate him. So I hung a Santa ornament on his ear. He actually walked around with it for half the day. After 52 years of buying ornaments I have about 8 Rubbermade tubs of ornaments just for the tree. I do still buy a couple of Hallmark ornaments every year. Just the couple of series I have been collecting for years. I have bows for the stairs and strings of lights, I have 6 wreaths around the house, a two foot tal Santa, a ceramic Santa that I made, of course I have the manger set, three stocking that I made years ago with latch hook, a Mickey and Minnie stocking and a sequin stocking, plus lots of Beanies, two stockings for up in my computer room, a Santa clock and too many others to mention. I even decorate my bathrooms. I do have a couple of ornaments that Chuck made in school and a couple that Jesse and Zoey made.

My goodness I do get carried away.

Thank you minniecarousel. I believe in the power of prayer too. It makes my heart smile to know so many people are praying for me.

I am glad things are moving along for you now. I always thought melanoma was only on the surface/skin outside of the body. Not sure if I am making sense/wording it right. So we can get melanoma inside of our body also? We have gone through so much and melanoma too. There are so many types/varieties :(.

Once this is taken care of, they will keep an eye on it/you all the time. They will catch it even earlier if it did come back.

We are all praying for you :grouphug:

Your house will be beautiful with all the Christmas decorations. I have kept all of the handmade ornaments my kids made in school!!!

Hi AnnaS. Yes melanoma is a skin cancer and I also had no idea that it could be inside your body. This is a very rare cancer. The oncologist said she had seen one patient with this cancer this year and was totally surprised when I presented with it also.

I now have an appointment for the 18th for the PET scan and the MRI. Then back to the oncologist on the 20th for some answers.

Thank you for your prayers.

Hi AnnaS. Yes melanoma is a skin cancer and I also had no idea that it could be inside your body. This is a very rare cancer. The oncologist said she had seen one patient with this cancer this year and was totally surprised when I presented with it also.

I now have an appointment for the 18th for the PET scan and the MRI. Then back to the oncologist on the 20th for some answers.

Thank you for your prayers.

Learn something new. Will definitely keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted of course. Did you get a lot of snow by you today? Snowing since this morning. Definitely a coating but nothing really accumulated.

Thank you Dan. That's wonderful that your wife was so positive and she is still giving cancer the "whatfor"! I've already decided that this cancer will not beat me. I'm too ornery!

AnnS, we got maybe an inch but it is still snowing and will be for the next few hours. Chuck came over and shoveled off my porch and steps but it's got another coating on it and it is now freezing. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer, so maybe it will all melt.

Awwww.....Angelrose, I just caught up with things here. I am sorry that you are going through this, but stay strong. You have the right attitude. Sending good thoughts and prayers to you.

Mary, I'm sure you've explained before but I forgot! How did you get the name Angelrose? For the longest time, I thought your name was Rose! Ha ha

Hope you're having a good day!!

My Mom's name was Angelina and both her and my favorite flower is the rose. She loved the red rose while I love the pink rose. For my first online club, (Beanie Baby site) I actually put in Angelrose Pink. My friends shortened it to ARP. It took me months to get up the nerve to actually post. My goodness that was ages ago. I'm still friends with a couple of the ladies from that club.

I am having a good day. I got a lot accomplished. I zoomed over to Walmart early this morning to pick up more containers for my baked goodies to give to friends. I drove to my hairdressers home and gave her the baked goodies and we chatted for a while. I came home and had lunch and a short nap and watched some shows on tv. Then I thought I had enough energy to make up a double batch of my cinnamon nuts. I was very glad when that was done. I think I used up all my energy tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter