And Disneyland Too??!! Our budget return after 5 Years! *OMG Update July 12th!!!!

Just joined in reading - love the pictures! We're planning our first trip to DL and am so excited!!!!

Joining in from London, Ontario. I'm currently planning my first trip to DL for this summer. Loving your report so far. :)

Just joined in reading - love the pictures! We're planning our first trip to DL and am so excited!!!!

Hopefully have a new entry up soon- when I uploaded the last set of pics, they got all mixed up, so trying to get them sorted, and life seems to have gotten in the way!

Still haven't got all the pictures uploaded but will start the update anyways...

So when I left off we were heading over to...Disney's California Adventure! Our plan was to cruise the pier, do what we could, see the parade and then visit Carsland on our way out. As we weren't able to go get groceries the night before, we were actually going to leave before closing :upsidedow (we are open to close sorts- get's hard to drag DD out of the parks) to get our shopping done, have a swim and get to bed a bit early after the crazy night and early RD morning.

So I'm not going to lie- I liked the old letters- probably because of big letter "A" (I'm Allyson ;)

We headed towards the pier- I will have to check if it was a party night at DL- it may have been, hence CA filling up

Waved and watched these guys finish:

I believe we pulled a FB for Screamin', popped on the carousel, then headed along the pier.

We rode the Golden Zephyr (twice I think) as I don't think we have before, waving to people on the Fun Wheel (aside- we like the Fun Wheel!)

Had a few go's on the swings-

Rode Goofy's Sky School a few times- DD loves this one
And then settled down to watch the parade. It really wasn't that busy- the parade route was front row seating-
Not much for lines for the rides. DD would have kept riding rides but DH and I love parades so we sat down for a break.

Aside:
DH and are a bit dorky with parades- the performers are always putting so much into it- we try to wave and at least make eye contact and smile, and encourage DD to do so too- you can really see it in the performer's eyes when they realize you are engaged in their performance.

We then headed back across the pier- I think we did Screamin' via FP (DD loves this one- she rode it on our past trip when she was 6!)

and headed for a quick look around cars land on our way out:

Crappy pic (I'm sure I took this one ;) ) DH would have waited till the people were out of the way-

Short line, so we rode...

So fun! We loved this one and rode it lots over our trip.

it's hard taking pictures from a moving tractor!!

We had a quick look around as we knew we'd be back and headed out for the day!

Overall Carsland :love: it's just so fun, creative and we really enjoyed taking the time to enjoy the design features of the area.

Following along! Fun trip report! All of our trips are budget trips so far, haha...

Following along! Fun trip report! All of our trips are budget trips so far, haha...

:welcome:

I've been having a major fail with this report, but am determined to get back on track! Lots to share still including our photopass pics, Halloween party etc!!

Day 2-

Got some pictures onto Photobucket so will see if anyone is kicking around for a short update (with not great pictures, sorry about that!):

We started off with DD and I heading to PP for a few spins on TSM! Just love this one! by the time we got there, we only had to wait a min or so for DH who had deviated to RSR to grab some FP...
No pictures, but we managed to score 3 rides before it was starting to get busy and honestly our arms were a bit sore!

It wasn't quite time for our FP window so we stopped at Mickey's Super Fun Wheel for a round of the swinging gondola:

DH was happy as we scored his favourite!

Hi Mickey!

DD

We then headed over to CL:
Waved to this guy and got a honk:

FP's right onto RSR!
Needless to say we loved it! I've only managed to get a few pics off so far, but I do have more later on...

Sooo much fun, and we won too!

Saw this guy (mind the random kiddo)

And this one:

We then popped in to visit some monsters:

Pretty sure we did some of the bugs land rides (my DH really likes that movie so we had a visit in this land as I'm pretty sure we didn't go here for some reason on our last trip.)

We saw these ladies and sang our hearts out:

We then headed to Grizzly Peak as DD wanted to do the Redwood Challenge- I was getting a bit sore at this point, so sat down outside GRR to people watch while DH and DD did this-
A couple of pics:

My Duo met this furry friend and then came and found me to go back:

We certainly had a lovely non-commando morning at CA! We were really loving the whole 5 day hoppers plus a HP- sure made us relax and just do things as we wanted.

Ok, now to fight with the laptop for some more pics- really want to get some of our Photo pass pics in here!

Last edited:
Yay for an update!
Love the family pic :)

RSR is SO well done with it's theming......apart from just being a really great ride, the theming of it just puts it over the top!

I love the Monsters Inc ride, it's very underrated - I know some many who skip it, thinking it's just very childish but I think it's a great little ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter