And away we go

kristilew

DIS Veteran
I'm posting from the PHX airport. We're waiting an extra hour, apparently some flights are late. Anyway, by 1ish we should be on our way for Southwest Splendors!

I've spent the past 3 days hikng in Sedona and all I can say is WOW. It is so gorgeous there! The red rocks are amazing and we just loved it. I'm really glad we did the pretrip, as I don't think the ABD does quite the same kind of hiking we did. (We were with some daredevil friends and definitely were off the beate paths! Not OSHA approved at all:rotfl:)

It will be nice to have a more rounded experience. We intentionally stayed away from things we knew we'd be doing on the tour.

The guides said there are 31 on this trip, 19 on the one they did last week. Lots of little kids and lots of boys on this one. DD11 is hoping the late planes will bring some tween girls. Meanwhile, she is sitting in a row of 5 kids all playing with their Nintendo DSs. We seem to be half return ABDers and half new to the trips. One father-daughter duo is on their 4th or 5th trip.

Not sure how much internet time we'll end up having, but I'll try to check back in soon. Yay, Adventure:dance3:

I'm posting from the PHX airport. We're waiting an extra hour, apparently some flights are late. Anyway, by 1ish we should be on our way for Southwest Splendors!

I've spent the past 3 days hikng in Sedona and all I can say is WOW. It is so gorgeous there! The red rocks are amazing and we just loved it. I'm really glad we did the pretrip, as I don't think the ABD does quite the same kind of hiking we did. (We were with some daredevil friends and definitely were off the beate paths! Not OSHA approved at all:rotfl:)

It will be nice to have a more rounded experience. We intentionally stayed away from things we knew we'd be doing on the tour.

The guides said there are 31 on this trip, 19 on the one they did last week. Lots of little kids and lots of boys on this one. DD11 is hoping the late planes will bring some tween girls. Meanwhile, she is sitting in a row of 5 kids all playing with their Nintendo DSs. We seem to be half return ABDers and half new to the trips. One father-daughter duo is on their 4th or 5th trip.

Not sure how much internet time we'll end up having, but I'll try to check back in soon. Yay, Adventure:dance3:
YAY!!! Enjoy yourselves! Who are your guides?

Sedona is so spectacular! And it just gets better from there!

Hewene

How exciting for you guys!! Thanks for the update...be sure to post more if you get the chance...or remember to think of us back here on the DIS, LOL!
Have an amazing trip!

Have an awesome, wonderful, and amazing adventure:goodvibes

Guides are Geraldine and Maura. They are really nice. Lovely welcome dinner. The kids all bonded and were running around playing tag in the dark.

We're headed to breakfast and onto the jeep tour. After lunch, we're planning on more hiking during our free time. Can't get enough of these red rocks!

Guides are Geraldine and Maura. They are really nice. Lovely welcome dinner. The kids all bonded and were running around playing tag in the dark.

We're headed to breakfast and onto the jeep tour. After lunch, we're planning on more hiking during our free time. Can't get enough of these red rocks!

Hope you are having an awesome time!!!

Can't wait to hear about the trip.

I can't wait to hear about the trip. This is the one I will probably book for our first ABD. We will go next year. Thanks and have a great time!

Sounds good so far - any pics??

We just got back last night. There was very lmited internet access, plus we fell into bed each night, so I didn't get to post any pics.

I'm thinking through a mini trip report today while I work on piles of laundry (red rock dust on everything :laundy:) and will try to post tonight or tomorrow morning.

We just got back last night. There was very lmited internet access, plus we fell into bed each night, so I didn't get to post any pics.

I'm thinking through a mini trip report today while I work on piles of laundry (red rock dust on everything :laundy:) and will try to post tonight or tomorrow morning.
Welcome back, kristilew! I can hardly wait to read your report, and see your impressions on the trip!

Sayhello

Welcome back Kristilew....come on...not even gonna give us an ''ít was great" or "it was amazing"....dying to know!!!! Leaving in 5 days...woohoo!!

KJD - we had a great time. YOU will have a great time. However, this trip did not quite live up to the Peru one in terms of service/Disney magic. I want to measure what I report about it - thus a day's distance before I start typing away.

I can tell you that the Southwest is breathtakingly beautiful, and that the scenery alone is worth the entire cost of the trip. Also, that the lack of cell service and internet connection defintely works in the favor of any wives who have to drag husbands away from the crackberry. My little family unit really bonded and enjoyed ourselves. More to come in the morning....

O.K. Kristilew...I will be patient and wait for your report in the morning, LOL! (I'm trying not to read too much into your statement)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter