And all at once, everything was different. Literally. *WDW NYE 2019 TR* Updated 4/11x2*COMPLETE*

We got snow last night too!!! I'd say about 6". YUCK!!!!

Six inches of snow here would be like the apocalypse, LOL!! I think it was our second winter here, so about six years or so ago, we got about six or eight inches and the kids were out of school for over a week. Our state doesn't have a lot of snow removal equipment, and because we're "the natural state", we don't use any chemicals on the roads to clear the ice, so it takes FOREVER to get roads clear and it's just a mess. Although after two winters like that in a row, we purchased more equipment...and then have had no snow for four years in a row :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't know! They're awful :sad2:

It was! I figured I'd only use it like once too though and it was full price.

Aw, I'm sad too :sad:

I have unlimited data now too so I mostly just use that but I think at some point I had deleted the app so when I went to re-download it, it wouldn't let me without wifi and I wasn't connected so I just never ended up doing it because we only needed the buses for a day.

Yay!

The mannequin is super creepy looking.

I can't wait to see it!

Ooo I like it too.

You look so pretty here! The rose gold ears look good with that outfit.

It does look sad!

I can't tell what they are either, but I think you'd be happy as long as you got to pet them :rotfl: Although I'd probably be happiest to pet a raccoon so maybe that's what they are.

they ARE awful!!

those bags are painfully cute and painfully NOT practical at all.

It will never make sense to me why they stopped doing it!! Surely they were bringing in more money than it cost to pay and costume the characters, right??

I hate it when things require you to be connected to wifi!!

we're four months away and I've only looked at dining reservations once. I think we might just go and pick restaurants the night before or day of. We also decided last night to do the Backstage Magic tour.

it was a creepy mannequin!! Why is she faceless? It's like she's going to come alive and chase after me if I'm in there in the dark :scared1:

it's so cute in there!! Andy is a pretty impressive Tinker Toys builder!!

I put a string of lights (battery powered) in my jeep this year, so this restaurant interior was my dream, LOL

Aw, you are nice! I just see how tired I already was!!

It was the most depressing plate ever.

We are getting hammered with the storm. We have about a foot of snow by now and several more hours of the storm to go. After the storm is over lake affect snow will start. They are now saying we will get possibly up to 18 inches. DH and I were supposed to see the play Cinderella tonight in the city put opted to stay home because of the weather. Stay warm.

Oh no!! I hope you guys are able to dig out ok and not be stuck at home too long. I go stir crazy when I can't leave the house and the weather is bad!!

Joining and following along! Your NYE day sounds pretty relaxed fun considering where you were at. A bit of a bummer that the Wave was so slow, but glad to hear Trader Sam's made up for it with its fun atmosphere and good company.

Yay, welcome!!

I kind of felt like The Wave was holding us hostage :rotfl::rotfl: Trader Sam's was really fun, and I surprised myself by relaxing and having fun with strangers,lol!!

Yikes! But you said he isn't "that" tall. I guess he just seems very intimidating.

That looks really good!

But that.... not so much.

Funny. How nice it is to let them go hang out in there rooms while you guys just have a nice adult evening!

I am hoping we get to go in our our trip in Feb. Do you have a drink I should order based on what happens in the space?

Our last trip we had drinks outside and I took this glass home with me. I love it. Hoping to add to my collection!

Yeah, I mean 6'2" is pretty tall, but he just seems bigger than that. Like Conan O'Brien is 6'4" and just looks like a giant spaghetti noodle, LOL!! My grandpa is 6'6" so he's like my measuring stick for tallness levels.

The MM steak was so good, and the Wave steak was so sad!! It was like they just dropped it on the plate and ran it out, asparagus sliding around all willy nilly :rotfl:

That was one of the best parts of taking them this time, I knew they'd be ok on their own sometimes. L usually stuck with us and went wherever we did, and X took advantage of the independence more (but that's how it is at home, too. L still comes with us sometimes when we go places on weekends, and X almost always stays home.)

Ooh, yes, I hope you get to go too!! The Uh-oa! and the Shrunken Zombie Head have the most fun antics...Lots of people order the Uh-oa! so you'll probably see that one several times, along with the HippopotoMai-Tai, but we only saw the zombie twice - once when DH ordered it, and when one other person across the bar ordered it. And our server did it best. I'm so disappointed I don't remember his name, because I'd tell you to look for him and sit in whatever section he's working.

We've been talking about getting a tiki drink mixology book and trying to create some ourselves...if we do, we need all the glasses, right?? We barely ever drink at home, so it's unlikely we'll ever do this, LOL!! I hope when you go they have all the glasses so you can bring whichever one you want home. We were sad they were out of the zombies!

Great updates.
Glad you enjoyed Mama Melrose. It's our HS go to.
The Poly just looks like the ultimate place to relax. Here's hoping one day we get there.

Great updates.
Glad you enjoyed Mama Melrose. It's our HS go to.
The Poly just looks like the ultimate place to relax. Here's hoping one day we get there.

Thank you!!

Yes! We really liked it a lot. I was always nervous b/c for the longest time the reviews there were SO mixed, and then suddenly it was like a rush of "I don't know what they were talking about, it's great!" reviews started coming out. I feel certain we'll eat here again, especially the next time the kids are with us.

My first stay at the Poly was not my favorite. I honestly thought I was a one and done there, but DH and the kids have always wanted to stay there too. So when we were booking this NYE trip, all three of them picked it, and I knew it would be the most convenient to everything, so I went ahead and booked. I can 1000% say my attitude about staying here changed, and now it's hard not to always have it at the top of the list. I've never had a hard time dragging myself to a park before, but the Poly made me rethink that go-go-go attitude, and it was nice!! I hope you get to enjoy that, too!! (I'll also say, we got a really good rate, considering the dates, which surprised me - we paid more for the Boardwalk in 2016 the week before Christmas than we did for this trip over the new year)

Oh no!! I hope you guys are able to dig out ok and not be stuck at home too long. I go stir crazy when I can't leave the house and the weather is bad!!

Today is not bad. We are used to being trapped in the house for a day with snow storms. We went out about every 2 hours or so yesterday to shovel the driveway so we are not stuck but the roads today are still not great as the road crews are trying to get everything cleaned up. Kids are doing some science kits they got for Christmas, DD is knitting a blanket and DS is also playing video games. DH and I are watching football. Now for the bitter cold to kick in. Tomorrow we can reach -15 or so with the wind chill.

Ooh, yes, I hope you get to go too!! The Uh-oa! and the Shrunken Zombie Head have the most fun antics...Lots of people order the Uh-oa! so you'll probably see that one several times, along with the HippopotoMai-Tai, but we only saw the zombie twice - once when DH ordered it, and when one other person across the bar ordered it. And our server did it best. I'm so disappointed I don't remember his name, because I'd tell you to look for him and sit in whatever section he's working.

We've been talking about getting a tiki drink mixology book and trying to create some ourselves...if we do, we need all the glasses, right?? We barely ever drink at home, so it's unlikely we'll ever do this, LOL!! I hope when you go they have all the glasses so you can bring whichever one you want home. We were sad they were out of the zombies!
Thanks!!! I hope they have glasses back by then too! And that we can get in without too much trouble!

those bags are painfully cute and painfully NOT practical at all.

So true!

It will never make sense to me why they stopped doing it!! Surely they were bringing in more money than it cost to pay and costume the characters, right??

I'm going to guess it would, but I guess it wasn't making as much money as they'd hoped. It's weird to me because whenever they have villains events they are hugely popular so why do they so rarely offer villains events? The reason I heard was that since they had started doing it over the year or year and a half or so they were doing it the parties were less likely to sell out and we're becoming emptier. One of the big things was you also had to have admission to HS to get in so I heard something like if they ever did something like that again it would be outside the parks like maybe DS? The one we went to in Sep 2016 was pretty full and they stopped doing them only shortly afterwards so idk if that's all true. The price was on the higher side, but it was something very unique and creative. The rare characters might have been enough by themselves, but there was also dancing and the food was good with so many creative drinks and desserts. I don't know if they didn't think it would be a repeat event for most people but we were planning on doing it again.

we're four months away and I've only looked at dining reservations once. I think we might just go and pick restaurants the night before or day of. We also decided last night to do the Backstage Magic tour.

We've been doing that more and more lately, it's just easier, and everything is available then.

it was a creepy mannequin!! Why is she faceless? It's like she's going to come alive and chase after me if I'm in there in the dark :scared1:

I had a horrible fear of mannequins as a child (my mom had me watch that romcom Mannequin with her and somehow the message I took away was that mannequins do come to life :rotfl:) and the faceless ones are the creepiest.

Aw, you are nice! I just see how tired I already was!!

:laughing: I really don't see it, I think it's a cute picture.

I am all caught up now!! Your Snow White meal at AP makes me soooo excited to eat there next month. I cannot wait to meet the Evil Queen, I think Steve would get a kick out of her. He tends to like the Villains. I wish I went to that Villains ball they had a few years ago. The food there also looked so good and so nicely themed! I love having a theme with the food and not just have it slopped on a plate and called "Mine Train Cafeteria Special" hahaha that would be funny. I loved your outfit! So perfect!

You are making NYE sound not that bad at all. I think we got this :)
Love all the meals you've been having. I love Mama Melrose's steak. Their salads are also amazing too. I like it better than some Italian places near me, and I live in NJ!!
The Wave looks ok for dinner but we had a great breakfast there. I heard that at dinner they have a good bacon appetizer.

So excited to hear about your VIP tour!! I am totally going to try do that too! Especially when Galaxy's Edge opens!!

Today is not bad. We are used to being trapped in the house for a day with snow storms. We went out about every 2 hours or so yesterday to shovel the driveway so we are not stuck but the roads today are still not great as the road crews are trying to get everything cleaned up. Kids are doing some science kits they got for Christmas, DD is knitting a blanket and DS is also playing video games. DH and I are watching football. Now for the bitter cold to kick in. Tomorrow we can reach -15 or so with the wind chill.

I"m glad it's not too bad and you are keeping busy. I'm sure it's different since you guys are used to it. Here it would be crazy, our state just isn't equipped to deal with it, and no one knows how to drive on it b/c it's not all that common.

Thanks!!! I hope they have glasses back by then too! And that we can get in without too much trouble!

You'll have so much fun!

So true!

I'm going to guess it would, but I guess it wasn't making as much money as they'd hoped. It's weird to me because whenever they have villains events they are hugely popular so why do they so rarely offer villains events? The reason I heard was that since they had started doing it over the year or year and a half or so they were doing it the parties were less likely to sell out and we're becoming emptier. One of the big things was you also had to have admission to HS to get in so I heard something like if they ever did something like that again it would be outside the parks like maybe DS? The one we went to in Sep 2016 was pretty full and they stopped doing them only shortly afterwards so idk if that's all true. The price was on the higher side, but it was something very unique and creative. The rare characters might have been enough by themselves, but there was also dancing and the food was good with so many creative drinks and desserts. I don't know if they didn't think it would be a repeat event for most people but we were planning on doing it again.

We've been doing that more and more lately, it's just easier, and everything is available then.

I had a horrible fear of mannequins as a child (my mom had me watch that romcom Mannequin with her and somehow the message I took away was that mannequins do come to life :rotfl:) and the faceless ones are the creepiest.

:laughing: I really don't see it, I think it's a cute picture.

I thought the Dopey one was an ok size, all things considered, but my phone at the time would barely fit. I have the big one now, and there's no way I could cram it in there

I will offer to step in and help them plan a schedule that would keep it busy without messing things up!! All I request in return is a free AP and event tickets :rotfl:

We changed almost all of our reservations on this trip...I just wonder if I can really commit to not booking anything ?? I tend to enjoy the process, I need to also learn to relax while PLANNING the trip, now that I have relaxing ON the trip down, LOL

Aw, I loved that movie! Then I watched it when I was older and it didn't have the same charm. But the overall premise of mannequins coming to life is much more in line with a horror movie!!!

Just joined in and caught up! Seems like a great way to spend NYE! Can’t wait to read about the rest of your trip!

Welcome and thank you!! Last NYE we were in Epcot and it was scary, LOL!! We wanted to do everything totally different this time around

I am all caught up now!! Your Snow White meal at AP makes me soooo excited to eat there next month. I cannot wait to meet the Evil Queen, I think Steve would get a kick out of her. He tends to like the Villains. I wish I went to that Villains ball they had a few years ago. The food there also looked so good and so nicely themed! I love having a theme with the food and not just have it slopped on a plate and called "Mine Train Cafeteria Special" hahaha that would be funny. I loved your outfit! So perfect!

You are making NYE sound not that bad at all. I think we got this :)
Love all the meals you've been having. I love Mama Melrose's steak. Their salads are also amazing too. I like it better than some Italian places near me, and I live in NJ!!
The Wave looks ok for dinner but we had a great breakfast there. I heard that at dinner they have a good bacon appetizer.

So excited to hear about your VIP tour!! I am totally going to try do that too! Especially when Galaxy's Edge opens!!

I was really happy with the whole meal experience, especially since it was just under two weeks into its opening. It could have been hit or miss, and I was prepared for anything. I've seen pictures of some Friends of the Evil Queen at other meets who don't look quite right, but ours was absolutely perfect! I'm sure Steve would have a lot of fun meeting her, it was one of the best character meets I've ever had!

Mine Train Cafeteria Special :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Don't give them any ideas!! :rotfl2:

After last year's NYE, we wanted this year to be as low key as possible. Going into Epcot to get to the monorail was good, b/c I could see for the second year in a row that Epcot really started becoming busy around 3pm. You don't want to be anywhere on a road that day between 11am and 6pm (or after midnight!) In that picture I shared of the road there was a taxi in that line of traffic - can you imagine the final meter reading?? We timed our day in a way that worked perfectly for us, and the Polynesian was absolutely the perfect place for us to ring in the new year.

I had a lot of anxiety about our VIP day, but ended up enjoying it. It's not something I would want to do again unless it was a situation like SWGE, just b/c it wasn't a way I liked touring...but I liked seeing backstage, and I loved our guide. I'm also glad we weren't paying for it, b/c it was holiday pricing and the one day cost almost as much as our vacation package :scared1: It made me really hope that the guide gets a big chunk of that change, I'm curious to know what they make, b/c it would be so unfair for Disney to charge over $600 an hour and not give the guides a decent paycheck. (I mean, it's none of my business, and I'm sure the guides wouldn't do it if they weren't well compensated, and they make good tips, but still.) Overall, I think we'd consider having the VIP guide again if : We had a bigger group, it was non-holiday pricing (LOL), or for Galaxy's Edge. We've actually already talked about getting one for GE - and also getting Matt an AP when we go in June so if they do AP previews we are both eligible. We also would probably go down if they do a pre-opening event for it like they did with Pixar Pier in California.

I hope everyone is enjoying this Monday so far, especially if you're lucky enough to be home like we are. I love no school Mondays!!

We have finally arrived at the day many of you are looking forward to hearing about, and I hope it isn't a huge disappointment!!

I didn't take very many pictures this day, and a lot of the ones I did take are blurry and just to remind me in what order we did things, so there will be some text heavy sections!!

Without further ado I give you...

Chapter Five: It's a Plaid World

**In case you did not read my pre-trip report, the owner of my husband's company gifted us with a VIP guide for one day during our trip. We originally hoped to have them on NYE, but they were all booked. So, after some anxiety about even HAVING a guide (I had our plans all worked out already!!), I decided to stop being an insane person and quit worrying about what we had planned, and just go with it. We picked New Year's Day, and decided to do all four parks in one day, with VIP viewing for Happily Ever After being a priority. I'd originally booked the dessert party, but cancelled it when we found out about our guide, and added the Frozen Illuminations dessert party on another night instead**

After a late New Year's Eve night, we all did something we've never done before...we slept in!!

u1YommM.gif

Just like this...but without any of the panic!!

Instead we just sort of lounged around, and me, L, and DH decided to put on our swimming suits and go hit the hot tub and pool. X wanted to sleep a little longer, he wasn't feeling all that great **foreshadowing...oooh**

We were going to go to the Lava Pool, but after seeing that the Oasis Pool was empty, we went there instead.

The three of us stayed there for awhile, then went back to the room to just hang out, shower, watch tv, and just...not have to be anywhere!!

DH did eventually go get us some food at Captain Cooks around 10:45 or so. He got Tonga Toast, X got a breakfast burrito, I had a bacon/egg/cheese croissant, and L had...I don't remember. Maybe Tonga Toast, too. DH and I sat out on the balcony together to eat, and I got a few bites of Tonga Toast myself, and ended up giving him part of my croissant. The croissant itself was so greasy it made the inside of my mouth feel like it was coated in oil :crazy2:

While we were out there we counted about ten groups of people sadly rolling their suitcases toward The Great Ceremonial Hall, and I felt bad b/c I knew they were heading home.

We stayed in the room until around 12:30, then decided to go sit in the lobby for awhile. It's pretty in there, and the chairs are comfy. It was fun to just be there in the lobby with the people bustling around on their way to who knows where. We wandered around Boutiki for the hundredth time

and I took some pictures of the beautiful flowers on the Christmas tree

And of course our iconic Polynesian tiki god

Does anyone else just like soaking up every bit of the resort that they can?? I feel like it's a destination all its own, and even though we've stayed in some amazing hotels, nothing compares to a Disney resort for me.

Our guide was due at 1:00, so we went out about ten minutes beforehand...and I switched to taking pictures OUTSIDE the resort. So yeah, here's more pretty Poly pics :rotfl:

We noticed a white SUV pull up and stop just before pulling under the overhang, with a Plaid driving, and we figured it was our guy, but he was a couple minutes early. We kept kind of side-eyeing him, waiting to see what would happen.

At 12:59 he moved the car from where he was waiting and went over to park right outside the valet area, and then walked up and over toward us. We were already standing at this point, figuring he was our guy!

He came right over to us and greeted us each by name, after never having met us before. Do you think they get some kind of cheat sheet on us, with like, Disney's surveillance or something??? I was too afraid to ask him, even after we started becoming more friendly :rotfl::rotfl: I mean, I guess Matt and I are obvious, but he knew which kid was which. There wasn't even any hesitation as he greeted them, like he was afraid he might have the wrong kid, he just knew.

He confirmed with us that we wanted to try all four parks in one day, and ran down the list I had sent Signature Services in advance of our trip. He had that memorized too!! He asked where we wanted to start, and we said Hollywood Studios.

At DHS we originally wanted Tower of Terror and Slinky Dog Dash, but since we had ridden Tower twice the previous day and didn't have a fast pass for Toy Story Midway Mania on another day, we had decided to do TSMM and Slinky Dog instead.

I was ready for some park time!!

y5DpYsH.gif

We pulled up at Hollywood Studios into a parking lot behind Rock N Rollercoaster and other CMs were there with baskets of snacks and bottles of water. We had just got started, so I declined, figuring we'd have the chance again later, since it was a hot day. X was excited b/c there were whole packages of Starburst in the snack basket. They scanned our bands on little iPod things, and we were good to go.

I hated not being able to take any backstage pictures :sad: This particular area wasn't anything all that special, but still!! We came out onstage right next to the fast pass line for RnR, and started walking over to Toys Story Land.

Our guide was still trying to feel us out, but he seemed kind of boring. DH's boss had specifically requested this guy for us b/c they've been touring with him for years, but I was really trying to figure out what made him so special. He walked slow and he seemed so blah!! He was asking us different questions, and I think just kind of doing some kind of voodoo magic spell or something. Probably he took some kind of personality quiz training :rotfl::rotfl:

We got to Toy Story Land and it was slammed with people. He asked what we thought when we saw it for the first time yesterday, and showed us some pictures on his phone from when he and his CM friends did the cast member previews, and the after hours event.

Our first ride was on TSMM...

you can see his hat here. You'll see most of my pictures are just of crowds of people or a ride sign with his hat in front of it, LOL. We had picked up our pace and there was no stopping for pictures.

It was our first time going through the new line. Even going through the FP line with our guide, we had a small wait, it wasn't just walk on.

I rode with X and DH rode with L. X was out of practice, haha! I won!

IMG_4010

Not a great score, I haven't watched a Youtube video on strategy in awhile :rotfl:

Slinky Dog Dash was up next

I was SO EXCITED to finally be on this ride after hearing so much about it. Our guide, ok, his name was Christopher, I should have said that a long time ago...it'll be easier to type that than "our guide" all the time!! Anyway, he kept telling us it was awesome and how much he liked it.

While we walked through the FP line, I tried to take as many pictures as I could. I loved these Christmas lights held up with thumbtacks:

I noticed him watching me get excited about all the details, and he kind of changed his approach when talking to me, and started pointing out things I may have overlooked, and talked about how he got to watch the land grow and change as it was being constructed.

This Wheezy cracked me up:

Why? I don't know if you can see it or not, so I circled it:

It says "Not for use in water"...but, but...it's a BATH toy!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I love how you can see Slink rolling through the entire land

and all the different toy details, like the packaging for Rex, complete with price tag:

X chose to ride with me again, and that means ride selfie!!

He was looking a little rough and tired, I was starting to worry about him.

After the ride there were smiles all around. All four of us were now huge fans of Slinky Dog Dash. It's just a quick little coaster but SO MUCH FUN!! I want to do an EMM or After Hours event here just to ride Slink as many times as possible in a row!!

Once we exited and met back up with Christopher, that was it for our time in Hollywood Studios!

We picked up our pace on the way out and I was afraid we were going to lose "our buddy" as I began calling him (to my family, not where he could hear me :rotfl: ), the crowds were a little scary! We speed walked back up toward RnR, used our magical escape hatch to leave, and hopped back in our beautiful air conditioned SUV!

In the car we decided to do AKL next. He asked what all we wanted to do there, and I said only Pandora, so that's where we were headed!

Will we ever start feeling more comfortable with our guide?? Find out next time!!

Last edited:
I’m so glad you had a nice NYE, much better plan than driving around!

I want to visit Trader Sam’s one of these times, Andi and I peeked in there but it was after a certain time and Andi couldn’t sit in there. The CM was super nice and let us have a look around. I want a drink and souvenir cup, someday!

I hope the vibe is good with your Plaid, not sure if it is yet? Glad you got to enjoy SDD, love all your pictures of the toys and unique findings while waiting in line!

How nice to have the “sneak entrance” and exits in the parks, sure saves time, miss the Disney Express transportation, bring it back!!

Round Two for me was The Polynesian Pearl: RumChata Cream Liqueur, Grand Marnier, and Cinnamon with Tropical Juices. Sadly they were out of pearl glasses for this, and I had to have it in a regular plain old cup :sad:
When I went at the end of October with my mom, she ordered the Polynesian Pearl too and they didn’t have the pearl then either!! She was so disappointed and I felt so bad, I instantly ordered it for her on eBay while sitting in Trader Sam’s (only about $15, the shrunken heads go for like $60 or something similarly insane). I’m thinking they’re just not going to restock it and probably discontinue the drink :sad1:

We love the Poly!!! It's mine and the boys new favorite resort. I think C is a little disappointed that it bumped AKV. I told him AKV is definitely number 2. I would love it if we could combine Poly rooms with the AKV animals. Then we'd be set.

OMG! We loved SDD too. We rode it for the first time last week.

Can't wait to read more about this day!

We changed almost all of our reservations on this trip...I just wonder if I can really commit to not booking anything ?? I tend to enjoy the process, I need to also learn to relax while PLANNING the trip, now that I have relaxing ON the trip down, LOL

I like booking reservations so I usually have some, but usually we end up changing them last minute based on what we want to do once we're there so I just kind of roll with that :rotfl: It's easy to come up with alternate ideas somewhere where you're familiar with all the food offerings so that helps too.

Aw, I loved that movie! Then I watched it when I was older and it didn't have the same charm. But the overall premise of mannequins coming to life is much more in line with a horror movie!!!

I have to send you this link to a comedy article I read that was about the movie that probably isn't super appropriate for Disboards :rotfl: I'll send it to you tomorrow.

he wasn't feeling all that great **foreshadowing...oooh**

Aw oh no!

Ooo I like this picture!

There wasn't even any hesitation as he greeted them, like he was afraid he might have the wrong kid, he just knew.

So creepy. I just picture him studying pictures of your family and repeating your names to himself the night before he came to greet you. :rotfl:

The Polynesian is perfect for lounging around and relaxing. And I feel like if you're going to stay there, then you should definitely take advantages of all the cool surroundings.

How cool to be gifted a VIP for the day! I'm looking forward to seeing if you guys managed to hit all four parks in the one day.

Oh my goodness, I laughed out loud at the "don't get wet" message for the bath toy. Now I can't wait to check out TSL for myself. You're building up my anticipation with this TR!

I'm obsessed with the Muppet Babies! I loved the show as a kid and am so happy it's back. I bought the Kermit plush from that same plush line :rotfl:

Look at all those yummy Kaki Goris!

Great view of the fireworks- both times! Sounds like your NYE was a sucess- and no transportation issues!

Sounds like a good start to your afternoon with Christopher. Hopefully he acted a little less weird as the day went on! :rotfl2:

We were going to go to the Lava Pool, but after seeing that the Oasis Pool was empty, we went there instead.

That is a great shot! And how can you pass up an empty pool? Right?

We had just got started, so I declined, figuring we'd have the chance again later, since it was a hot day.
I hope that isn't foreshadowing...

It says "Not for use in water"...but, but...it's a BATH toy!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Cute! Love it.

Chip and Dale were meeting in cute holiday scarves so we got in line...we waited several minutes and then they went on break. Boo!! No Chip and Dale meet for us.
Too bad!

I wanted them soooo badly!! But I didn't get them :sad: See, I had already bought the potion purple ears when I said I was done buying ears, so I didn't need yet another pair...did I???
You always need more ears!

I had the Seasonal Italian Salad:Romaine Lettuce, Spinach, Warm Focaccia, Butternut Squash, Asparagus, Tomato, Onion, Cucumber, Feta Cheese, and Lemon-Tarragon Vinaigrette
Exactly what I would order!

I also ordered the Mushroom Flatbread:Roasted Cremini and Button Mushrooms with a Roasted Vidalia Onion Spread topped with a Fontina and Asiago Cheese finished with Balsamic Reduction and fresh Herbs
This looks yummy too!

Guys!! It actually snowed here!! I even wrote "hi!" to you all on my patio table, LOL
Just going out to clean my car off before heading to work. Lots of snow in southern Ontario!

X was being weird and said he didn't want one, but the rest of us did. DH had strawberry, L had melon, and I had the best one - Tangerine. We all opted for the sweet milk topping, which is really what makes it so yummy anyway!!
I'll have to try the milk topping this year.

We were SO HAPPY to be flying above it all on the monorail!! This was so much nicer than being on that bus for over two hours last year!!
Much better!!

They were comically tiny :rotfl::rotfl: I felt guilty for eating one, so I just took a bite and let L have them.
Ummm, that's the whole order????

I took pictures of two out of the three plates. How sad do these look??
Like something you'd make for a toddler!

The couple was super nice - had moved to Orlando from Puerto Rico about a year before, after the hurricane. They were frequent visitors to Trader Sam's, and were just as surprised as we were that it was so uncrowded on New Year's Eve!! They were so excited to show us all the fun drink shows, so we all decided to order all different stuff so we could see as many as possible :rotfl::rotfl:
Perfect!

They actually paused the Polynesian Christmas music and everyone around was having fun singing along to the music we could hear from the beach. Unfortunately they started playing it again about twenty minutes later, so we had to listen to a weird mish-mash of the Poly Christmas songs layered over the superfun Bon Jovi and Backstreet Boys coming from the beach party.
You couldn't have had a better location!

Nothing like an Oasis pool morning!

I'll be back later to catch up on your VIP experience!

Sounds like a decent NYE! I love your fireworks views, both times!

I want to stay at the Poly SO BAD! I will get there one day, I just know it! I feel like I would go the relaxing route if I ever did.

What a nice gift from your DH's boss! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your day with "your guide" LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!