Analysis Paralysis -- Help me help myself...!

Park Order

• Other -- post a comment as you like

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

purplebelle

DIS Veteran
Hello: You've got opinions and I want them, please! I am pondering and pondering and need some external insight because I am spinning my wheels. I would like some thoughts on the scheduling of Disney parks.

Here's the plan for our trip which includes two adults and a one year old and a 4 year old.

Coronado Springs
11/26/18-12/1/18

Long Story:

We arrive 7:00 PM in Orlando, so we'll get to CS at, what...9:30 PM? 10:00 PM?

What I currently have scheduled is:

Tuesday, Nov. 27th
Hollywood Studios
(Because we like Disney Junior ... and because of process of elimination between Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. However, I am also wondering if it's the 'right' park to choose)

Wednesday, Nov. 28th
Magic Kingdom (because hours are 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM + EMH until 11:00 PM)

Thursday, Nov. 29th
Break Day - Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast @ Beach Club & chill

Friday, Nov. 30th
Magic Kingdom (because, well, it's MK!)

Saturday, Dec. 1st fly home

Short Story (If you don't want to read all the above)

HOW does one choose which parks to go to in terms of Extra Magic Hours and MVMCP? We are not attending MVMCP, by the way.

Are parks really that much busier on EMH days? What about days with MVMCP?

I'm starting to think I should do MK on Tuesday, and then Hollywood Studios on Wednesday so that we aren't doing MK back-to-back park wise. I had thought Magic Kingdom on the long Wednesday would be good in case we need a mid-day nap, or in case we get a late start. I also don't know what mood my one year old will be in so I am trying to plan around him, but that equals a million hypotheticals. Magic Kingdom on a 9am-6pm day -- is that too short? Or, maybe it'll be less crowded because it's a MVMCP day.

Our Fast Passes are booked according to HS, MK and MK, but we aren't going for any high-demand rides, so those can easily be changed. Dining has also been booked, but those can be changed, too as we're not making plans around food.

Ahh...decisions, decisions...

Last time I went right after Thanksgiving and I inadvertently scheduled for 3 EMH days. We had a great time! None were crowded (I suspect that MK wasn't busy because we were late arriving and it had rained earlier). Epcot was like a ghost town and after around 9:00, 9:30, DHS was fairly well deserted. We like to take mid day breaks and come back til the end. I don't know about MK and Friday though. Is Tuesday a party day"

I think the week you are going will have very low crowds, so you are good there. On party days at MK, the crowds are even smaller. I’m not sure what the party schedule is, but if you go the “long” day at MK and then a party day at MK, I think you will have a great time.

Honestly, don’t over-think your plans and cause more stress for yourself. Stick with what you have and have a blast!

Honestly, I think you're definitely overthinking it. Step back, deep breath. :D To answer some of your questions...

HOW does one choose which parks to go to in terms of Extra Magic Hours and MVMCP? We are not attending MVMCP, by the way.

Are parks really that much busier on EMH days? What about days with MVMCP?

How do you choose parks in terms of EMH or MVMCP? Easy...go where you want when you want. Yes, you'd have to be aware of what time the park closes, but beyond that, just go. Which leads to my second answer...

Are parks that much busier on EMH days? I know others may disagree, but I don't think so at all. I don't notice any difference. As for MVMCP day...yeah, that may be a bit busier, but not enough (IMO) to matter. If I want to go to MK that day, I'm going, just with the knowledge I need to be done by dinner time.

The only thing I'd do differently in your plan is the rest day. Personally, we don't do them, especially if you're taking a trip that short. You're going to skip Epcot and AK, just to spend a day at a hotel. Not something I'd do, but if it fits your needs, great.

If you’ve only got a one year old and aren’t planning to ride any headliners, DHS can definitely be done in half a day. You could take the rest of that day as a rest day and use Thursday to check out AK, which is also doable in half a day.

If you’ve only got a one year old and aren’t planning to ride any headliners, DHS can definitely be done in half a day. You could take the rest of that day as a rest day and use Thursday to check out AK, which is also doable in half a day.

Hmm... we didn’t purchase hoppers, but thank you for the idea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter