Anaheim to Kings Canyon - Where to Eat on Way

d1gitman

Mad About The Mouse!
Looking for any fun, cool, unique places to have lunch on the way to and from Kings Canyon.

We will be traveling from Anaheim to Kings Canyon, staying 2n, then traveling back to Anaheim.

We are a family of 4 (2 adults + 8yr. old & 13 yr. old) any suggestions for fun activity stops along the way would be welcome too.

Thanks.

Due to overwhelming response, I will post what I have found. While I haven't found any unique eateries (such as places that have been featured on DDD), I did find something that the kiddos will enjoy and it is mid-way between Anaheim and Grant's Grove.

We will be spending a couple hours at Camelot Park in Bakersfield enroute.

Sorry, it is a relatively boring drive. Will you be in Bakersfield in the summer? It will be 100 plus.

June 26th on way to Sequoia and June 28th on way back from Sequoia.

Thankfully we are using the travel time to be our 'down time' so maybe a boring drive is just what we need. high heat may work a little bit to our advantage in preventing us from spending 4 hrs. at Camelot Park.

We're originally from central California now living in Southern California area. I'm assuming you'll be traveling along the 99 toward kings canyon area. Places we like to visit along the way to eat are Rattler's BBQ in Santa Clarita. You must stop at Sweet Surrenders bakery in Bakersfield and get a slice of Matterhorn cake (featured on food network). Our next stop would be a bathroom break and leg stretching at Tulare Outlets. Small outdoor outlet shopping. While in Tulare, there's an old burger stand called Wimpy's Burgers. Looks of the place are deceiving but they have great burgers, fries, and shakes. Another rest stop that is unique is Bravo Farms. It's a combination fruit stand, cheese tasting, ice cream place, petting zoo, tree house, and gift shops to explore. Kingsburg is a Swedish themed town. Might want to take a drive through their downtown area. Not sure if you're going thru Fresno or Clovis but there are beautiful parks and lots of other places to visit. Have fun on your trip and exploring along the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter