• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anaheim Marriott or Sheraton with 2 college-aged daughters?

NancyIL

DIS Veteran
I will be visiting Disneyland next March with my two daughters during their college spring breaks. We'll be there 3 nights before going on a 4-day cruise out of San Pedro. I can use hotel points for a free stay at either hotel, but am wondering which would appeal more to someone in college. I know the Sheraton is a bit more isolated on the north side of Disneyland, but it has larger rooms than the Marriott. That isn't all that important, since the 3 of us will be sharing a cruise cabin that's only 119 sq. ft. right after that! As far as hotel amenities, which of those two is the best option?

I have stayed at both (using points!) within the last year and I vote for the Sheraton. The reasons why:

1. They have their own complimentary shuttle. It runs on a set schedule and is very reliable. The Marriot uses ART which costs $2.00 per person per day and is not reliable. We waited 45 minutes twice for a bus and it was so packed that some people had to wait for the next one. That was frustrating when you are trying to get the most of your park time. If you are driving your own car, this would not be an issue.

2. The rooms are bigger and more comfy. The beds are "heavenly" as promised ;) We also loved the peaceful Koi ponds.

3. We really liked the snack shop. It had all kinds of sandwiches and things to eat/drink. Very reasonable. The Marriott has a coffee place (Starbucks?) and sit down restaurants, but I did not find a quick food store.

4. The staff was more friendly, they seem to be more down to earth. The Marriott caters more to business travelers.

That said, the Marriott is more modern, newer, and the lobby is beautiful. I think you would be happy in either place, but just wanted to share my experiences. Have a wonderful vacation. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter