An Old OFFLINE Favorite...

VolvoManiac850

Let's Go Bucs
I figured this would be the best board to post this in. Mods, feel free to move if needed.

If you've used computers for a while, did you ever have the Disney screen saver put out by Berkeley Systems, the makers of After Dark? (After Dark is the screen saver with the flying toasters and the fish).

I use it on my two older computers (yes, I bought it twice--and also have Grandpa's old copy for Windows if I ever get his old computer back up). It has some pretty fun screen saver modules, including some based on the films and a few more starring cartoon characters. Many of the modules have music in the background which is surprisingly good (no words, but the instrumentals sound pretty true to form).

There's one where the 101 Dalmatians clear your screen by wiping it off. There's another where Beauty and the Beast is retold in stained glass windows. Under the Sea and Sorcerer's Apprentice both get represented. Goofy messes up your desktop and you can see a "digital inkwell" in one module where it's similar to what an animator would use.

It's a lot of fun. If you have an old computer sitting around, it's worth checking out. They made it for both Mac and Windows, but you'll need a 20+ year old computer to run it. I know it shows up on eBay now and then. Did anyone have this back in the day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter