An instructor's worst nightmare.

china mom

DIS Veteran
I teach a class for public safety. I have to go into the computer system, build my class and enroll my students. I usually do this the night before. I was having problems yesterday and could not get the system to work so I figured I would get into the classroom early and get it set up.

Well, apparently, I had partially built my class and while I had the class open on the system, it was available for everyone in the state to see. During that time, someone saw my open class and enrolled in it without me realizing it. I typically set up a class for the exact number of people I need to hold a class for. I NEVER have other agencies.

So, I get to the classroom nice and early and lo and behold, none of the computers are set up - for this computer led course. I get someone from IT there and as soon as they set up the room, in walks this random stranger who announces that he was thrilled to find my class because he HAD to get recertified that day or he would lose his certification. He had worked the midnight shift and then driven two hours across the state to get to my class.

I managed to get the class set up for him and my three students and we were about to get started. I will not bore you with the myriad of computer and certification problems that cropped up during class. I will just skip directly to the INSTRUCTOR'S WORST NIGHTMARE!

I stood up to help this new guy with his computer and ….. I.... Farted.

Thank goodness this day is over.

I feel you on EVERY part of this. I am a corporate trainer for a utility company, been there done that LOL. Once I was in the middle of a module and belched right in the middle of a word. Like, a big, throaty rumbling belch. There was no hiding from it.

My DH has you beat. It was his first day of teaching (undergrad students) and he net down to pick up a pen that had dropped, and riiiippppp. He split his pants. He spent the rest of class scooting around the classroom on a stool. He had texted me to bring him pants but unfortunately I wouldn't get there for a few hours.

I teach a class for public safety. I have to go into the computer system, build my class and enroll my students. I usually do this the night before. I was having problems yesterday and could not get the system to work so I figured I would get into the classroom early and get it set up.

Well, apparently, I had partially built my class and while I had the class open on the system, it was available for everyone in the state to see. During that time, someone saw my open class and enrolled in it without me realizing it. I typically set up a class for the exact number of people I need to hold a class for. I NEVER have other agencies.

So, I get to the classroom nice and early and lo and behold, none of the computers are set up - for this computer led course. I get someone from IT there and as soon as they set up the room, in walks this random stranger who announces that he was thrilled to find my class because he HAD to get recertified that day or he would lose his certification. He had worked the midnight shift and then driven two hours across the state to get to my class.

I managed to get the class set up for him and my three students and we were about to get started. I will not bore you with the myriad of computer and certification problems that cropped up during class. I will just skip directly to the INSTRUCTOR'S WORST NIGHTMARE!

I stood up to help this new guy with his computer and ….. I.... Farted.

Thank goodness this day is over.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I can't stop laughing... so sorry I am sure you are horrified... but I can't stop laughing...

My DH has you beat. It was his first day of teaching (undergrad students) and he net down to pick up a pen that had dropped, and riiiippppp. He split his pants. He spent the rest of class scooting around the classroom on a stool. He had texted me to bring him pants but unfortunately I wouldn't get there for a few hours.

I would die.:eek:

I've been doing technical training for close to 20 years. Some of my classes are 6 to 16 people but some much larger. I was the closing day breakfast speaker at a dealer meeting in Atlantic Ctiy with about 150 in attendance for a technical session. Most were in their seats a few minutes early, and I excused myself to use the bathroom. I went in, did my thing, washed my hands and came out to a a big round of laughter. I had gotten mic-ed up for the class just before I went to the can, so everyone got to hear me pee, flush and wash :mic:

This was about 10 years ago, I still see people once in a while from that morning that bring it up :-)

Go to the rest room more often (without the mic) and sit down there, as opposed to waiting to really have the urge.

OT: Sitting in an aisle seat in the airplane? Do not express displeasure to someone beside you or behind your reclining wishing to get up and out. Otherwise you can expect to smell more farts.

This thread has made me laugh! Where is that old, embarrassing things at Disney thread? It was amazing!

Lol. I'm so glad we have a class dog so that I can always blame her. That's so embarrassing but I'm glad you made it to the end of the day okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter