An "I Miss You" PTR!! Summer/Fall/Winter 2020??- 2 DAYS AWAY- Updated 8/25!

Have a great trip!

Thank you so much!! :)

How exciting!! I am SO jealous! My mom and I were just talking today about how bad the Disney blues have been lately, but it doesn't seem like a trip is going to be realistic any time soon. Have a magical time!! :flower1:

Thank you!! :) It was a total impulse decision- I needed some magic in my life so hopefully it pays off!!

That is so exciting! My sister and I are staying at Pop Century the exact same dates as you with our oldest daughters. Looking forward to trying the Skyliner for the first time!

Hey, that's awesome!! I'll be sure to look out for you :) The Skyliner is so convenient- you'll love it!

So exciting!
Lucky, lucky you!
How did I not know there were 2 showers in the Riveria studio?

So happy for you!! Have a fabulous time! :goodvibes

Thank you so much!! :) I didn't know that either until I was watching room tour videos on Youtube :rotfl: A huge bonus for sure!

How exciting Molly!!! We just stayed at the Riviera, in a deluxe studio with a preferred view. LOL!
Have a wonderful time!

Thanks Jenny!! I just watched your room tour video the other day and I thought "how fitting!" :laughing: I'm so excited to stay at Riviera again (although I will miss that awesome tub in the 1BR, LOL!)

Wow, I am so along for this ride! It's so amazing how trips can get put together so quickly. I had to cancel three different long weekends down there because of Covid. I have tried to stay away from watching you tube videos so I don't get sucked in, but I am starting to get the blues. I hope you have a great time and I can't wait to read all about it!

Thanks for following along!! :) I have NEVER planned a trip this close, I think the closest I had done before this was 2 months out?! Luckily, it is going so smoothly so far! So sorry about your trips being canceled :( I hope you get down there ASAP!!

Very exciting. The Riviera looks like a wonderful resort. Enjoy!

Thanks Jeff!! I'm so excited!

Wow ! What a fun last minute trip !! Super jealous. I keep thinking about just hopping in the car and going but always chicken out. I am going right after Thanksgiving so sticking with that for now .

Thank you :) Thanksgiving should be a perfect time to go with the cooler weather and Christmas decorations! But, I could also be a bad influence and convince you to just hop in the car and go last-minute ;)

How exciting! Everything really worked out in your favor!

Thanks :) I'm so happy with how everything came together so quickly!!

Thanks Jenny!! I just watched your room tour video the other day and I thought "how fitting!" :laughing: I'm so excited to stay at Riviera again (although I will miss that awesome tub in the 1BR, LOL!)
Aww! Thank you for your support!
You will be slumming it this time, lol!!!! You may feel like you are living in a closet. LOL!
That pixie dust last time was amazing for you!!!!!!

August 2020 Trip Update- 2 DAYS OUT!

I’m still pinching myself that this trip is even happening. Two week ago, if you would have told me that I was heading to Disney World in 2 days, I would have laughed in your face!!

Last week, Alli and I went over to Morgan’s place and had a trip-planning party!! Disney music was playing in the background and we were on a MISSION! We got all of our ADRs set, bought tickets, booked our park passes, booked our flights, booked DME, scheduled fast passes... (wait, never mind :rotfl: )

These are our plans!!

Day 1- Thursday, August 27th, 2020

We are taking an EARLY flight out of Milwaukee at 6:20 AM, arriving in Orlando at 10:00 AM! We'll go straight to DME and I’m hoping to get to Disney’s Riviera Resort at 11:30ish. We will probably grab lunch at the hotel and spend the afternoon swimming/exploring our new digs :goodvibes Drinks by the pool are an absolute must- we NEED some relaxation time!

Then, sometime later in the afternoon, we’ll head off to Disney Springs!

We have an ADR at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ for 6:55 PM. I ate here way back in 2017 on the night before Hurricane Irma hit! I am SO excited to get back. I’ve been dreaming about their biscuits since my last visit…

I’m hoping we can meet up with @chunkymonkey and Steve after and grab a drink! I’m sure we’ll do our fair share of damage shopping at all of the stores too ::yes:: My favorites are always The Art of Disney, The Marketplace Co-Op, World of Disney, and Tren-D! A make-your-own treat at Goofy's Candy Company is in the cards as well ;)

Since Disney Springs closes at 10:00, we’ll head back around then to get some rest for our first park day!

Day 2- August 28th, 2020

Today is our Epcot day!

Since the park doesn’t open until 11:00, we will have a leisurely morning at the resort and grab a little breakfast.

I do have to do one work thing while out of town, but I am happy to do it! One of my little girls is graduating from our program, and her ZOOM graduation party was scheduled for this day. I am NOT missing that :) I’ll join from the hotel room from 10:00-10:30ish so I can see her one last time, then we’ll be off!

We don’t really have any plans for the day! Zero ADRS booked- that is what the Food and Wine Festival is for! The booths that I’m most excited to check out are:

Appleseed Orchard- The Frozen Apple Pie was a hit with me last year!

Hawaii- Kahlua Pork Slider and Sparkling Pineapple Wine! YUM!

Mac and Cheese- An entire booth dedicated to mac and cheese?! I'm listening!!

Desserts and Champagne- the Frozen S'mores and cake pops look divine!

Italy- the Cheese Tortellini with Bacon seems delicious!

We are also planning on doing most if not all of the rides! I’m so excited to see the original Spaceship Earth when it’s still here, and Soarin’ is always a favorite. We may take a mid-day break if we start to feel the heat, but I definitely want to do some park time when the sun is down and stay until closing at 9:00!

After the park closes, we are thinking of meandering over to the Beach Club and doing a late-night dessert at...

Beaches and Cream!! I need to get my paws on the beloved No Way Jose Sundae ::yes:: I will miss the cute ice cream cone light fixtures, however!

If the Skyliner is open, we'll take that back to Riviera. Otherwise, we'll cab it back after our long day!

Day 3- August 29th, 2020

Magic Kingdom day!

I’m so excited to see the new castle! The park opens at 9:00, so we definitely want to get an early start this morning! Once again, having no fast passes makes our day very relaxed. We’ll hit all of our favorites; we all love 7 Dwarves Mine Train, Space Mountain, Journey of the Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Although, Alli and Morgan may have to tear me away from riding Splash Mountain 3908439024 times in a row :laughing: (DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT REFURB. I cried literal tears when they announced it).

Lunch will be a combo of snacks or QS- Sleepy Hollow is one of Morgan and I’s favorites! We wanted to grab an ADR at Be Our Guest, until we realized that the lunch menu has been switched to the super-fancy dinner menu :rolleyes2 I also definitely want to do some shopping and get some treats on Main Street USA!

We’ll leave the park around closing at 7:00! We were thinking of exploring the monorail resorts. Captain Cook’s at the Polynesian seems to be the favorite for dinner, and I 100% agree. Their pulled pork nachos are life!!

I’m hoping to do some sort of Monorail crawl before heading back to the hotel and check out the Enchanted Rose bar at the GF! Morgan and I had some delicious drinks here in December. Well, Alli can get some lemonade :thumbsup2

Day 4- August 30th, 2020

Last day already?! Booooo! :sad:

We have an EARLY ADR bright and early for breakfast at 7:55 AM! So, we’ll get our stuff packed and set up straight away, and head off to…

Chef Mickey’s! I have not eaten here since 2002! I’m a little bummed, because it won’t be the usual experience with the napkin twirling and characters. But, who doesn’t love Mickey waffles?!

After breakfast, we’ll speed off to…

Hollywood Studios! We’ll be here right for opening at 10:00. Some must-dos here at Slinky Dog Dash, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Toy Story Mania. I’m also SO excited to ride Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway for the first time!! Alli already told us that she is a HARD “no” for Tower of Terror :rotfl:

I’m guessing we’ll just snack all day, since Morgan and I’s favorite (Woody’s Lunchbox) is still closed :sad2: @chunkymonkey and Steve are also in the park this day, so we’ll for sure try to meet up with them for some rides and other fun!! We’ll spend all afternoon here, then return back to the Riviera where our Tragical Express will depart at 5:30. :(

Whew! We planned a quick but absolutely jam-packed trip! We are a bit bummed about missing Animal Kingdom, but that park is so hot to begin with that I’m afraid it will become unbearable when you bring masks into the picture.

Speaking of the elephant in the room…

Honestly, I am not TOO anxious. I trust Disney to operate safely and keep everyone’s best interest in mind. I’m the most worried about flying/airports! My lovely mother gave me two N95 masks that I can wear on the plane rides there and back, so that eases my concerns a lot. We have decided to change and bag up our flying clothes as soon as we arrive at the hotel to prevent any contamination. We will also be bringing an abundance of hand sanitizer and wet wipes and staying out of situations where there could be potential for crowding.

As far as WDW, the crowds seem to be manageable at this point. If anyone ever becomes uncomfortable, we will all be flexible of course and accommodate as needed!

This goes for masks too! I have to wear a mask when I see clients in-person at work, so I am somewhat used to wearing them for long periods of time. But, I’ve been practicing wearing masks while walking outside to build up my tolerance as well. Masks are non-negotiable and I love that Disney is requiring mask use! If one of us becomes overheated or overwhelmed with the masks, we will be flexible and leave the park to take a break mask-free. Florida heat and humidity in the summer can be brutal!!

Since we leave bright and early on Thursday morning, this will probably be my last post before we leave! Thanks for reading along on this adventure :goodvibes It will definitely be a different kind of Disney trip, but I am so excited to get back there and get a taste of the magic!!

Last edited:

Have a wonderful trip! Enjoy and say hi to Su-Lynn and Steve!!
I have N95 masks for the airplane when we do finally go. Stay safe and I will be thinking about you and wishing I was there!

We very well may run into each other since we will also be at Disney Springs Thursday evening (Raglan Road reservations) and Epcot on Friday! Saturday is supposed to be a chill by the pool day and was thinking of doing Geyser Point/Captain Cooks drinks and dinner (those nachos are life!!) but I have been contemplating adding an extra day of tickets because it’s killing me not doing MK! Safe travels!

For clarity here I realize I'm coming in on this PTR 4 months into it, and I responded to a BUNCH of it. So don't feel obligated to give a big response to it, just happy to be on board with your Disney adventures!

Right off the bat you get bonus points for starting this PRT on my Birthday 😃 I totally understand about unfinished 2017 TRs, I have one sitting and ready for final thoughts on the DLR section here. But my reason was simply because the trip itself was so good there is a part of me that never wants it to end.

So sorry to hear about the end of your relationship – but it is good that you both figured out that you had gone in different directions and decided to split rather than trying to force the relationship and making each other miserable. I’m sure that was a hard realization and transition. Probably best to leave the TR as it is and move on.

Huzzah for the good news with your apartment! My DD is in the same spot, just a step behind you. College done (for now) and job landed that she loves and is back home saving up for her apartment. And congrats on the AP, but more importantly making those friends to go to the parks with – looks like y’all had a great time last year with your trips! Glad the hurricane missed you guys and that you got to experience some Disney Holiday Magic, it is our favorite time to go.

On the beginning of the first mini-TR – great Splash pics and love the one with you all and Sebastian, plus all of those shots in front of the castle.

Thanks for the intro on page 3, kept me guessing. You have a wonderful family - glad you have been able to share in so much Disney magic. Awesome work you do – that has to take a lot of patience and dedication.

Favorite Disney Park – Disneyland – it is my first, last, and always. But if we’re talking WDW I’d have to say MK

Favorite Disney Resorts - honestly we've only stayed at POP, which we really like despite it being a "value". But having toured some others my hit list is in this order: Contemporary, Poly, Beach Club

Favorite Disney Movies - Incredibles, Peter Pan, Toy Story 2, Meet the Robinsons

Favorite Disney Song - Let's Go Fly a Kite from Mary Poppins

Favorite Disney Characters - From the movies: Captain Hook, Buzz, Mickey, Kronk. In the parks: Anastasia and Drizella, Peter Pan & Hook, any Star Wars character

Favorite Disney Restaurants - Sci-Fi Dine-In, Liberty Tree Tavern, Le Cellier, Harambe Market,

Favorite Ride at Magic Kingdom - PoTC

Favorite Ride at Epcot - Soarin'

Favorite Ride at Hollywood Studios - RRC

Favorite Ride at Animal Kingdom - EE

Favorite Disney Snacks - Matterhorn Macaron at DLR, Dole Whip, Beignets (bummer that you have to make a special trip to PO French Quarter to get them)

If lost at Disney World.. Look for me at: EPCOT; Germany Pavilion; Biergarten. I spent 2 1/2 years in Germany in the Army and witnessed the fall of the Berlin Wall while I was stationed there. I can just sit at one of those long tables and sip a good German beer and "drink" in the festive feeling of the place. It takes me back to an amazing time in my life.

The VIP tour looked like a blast, glad your stomach bounced back. I love seeing all of the behind the scenes stuff on those tours! On our 2017 DLR trip we did the Grand Circle Tour including a ride on the Lilly Belle Parlor Car on the Disneyland Railroad.

Some good eats there at EPCOT and the Poly experience sounded great! So funny about the caramel sauce garnering a dress for your friend and the Snape meme 😃

Props for taking on HS on May the 4th - and I agree with you on Star Tours, it is a one and done for me. Strangely the Harry Potter ride isn't as bad for me, maybe because it is more open air? Whoohoo for being chosen as Rebel spies. And I'm totally with you on the nostalgia/family tie-in for Sci-Fi Dine-In - we LOVE it and have to go on our DHS day.

Yay for the contemporary! That view from the California Grill looked amazing, we still need to make that happen for our fam. Thank you for some insight on their brunch.

Hoop-De-Doo looked like fun, so funny about the CM messing with you all on the mac & cheese!

AK is a nice last day park for a trip, good food, good rides, and good shows. Great that you got FoP again and funny how you think about It's Tough to Be a Bug now. My DD LOVES it and was very disappointed that it had already shut down at DLR when we took her on her 21st B-Day trip in 2017. Huzzah the EE opened up as you approached it. I would be crushed if I didn't get to ride it when I’m at AK.

Ohhhh, AK AND MK - spoiling yourself! Nice mix of rides and goodies and I'd say the Tangled PP spot is worth it. Well done dawdling as much as possible leaving MK.

Weird about your order being gone/picked up, but cool that they got you taken care of and shipped it for you. And although you missed out on the Creamery, very cool that Beaches and Cream was able to accommodate you with a small version of your favorite dessert there.

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and post this before diving into min-TR #2. I've been long-winded enough!

So happy you get some time off in the most magical of places. Can't wait to hear all about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter