An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

100 days to go!!!!!!!!!pixiedust:

This just makes me so happy! It's nice to have a Disney trip to look forward to...Especially after that devastating loss to the Patriots last night. Yep, I'm a HUGE Chiefs fan and that loss was hard to take.>:( Did anyone else watch the game??? If so, only comment if you are a Chief's fan...:oops::sad::sad2::furious:

Last edited:
I don't think I realized you were a Chiefs fan. We are Steelers fans but like every good American all we wanted to see was the Patriots lose. I could give two craps about the Super Bowl now.

BINGO!!!!!!!! I'm going to watch the Half Time Show ONLY because I'm a HUGE Maroon 5 fan!!!!!! I've seen them in concert probably 5-6 times and met them twice...

Have you ever considered just bumping yours up to an AP? Which would at least get you the 20% merch discount, 10% food discount and the memory maker?

Also, do you realllyyyy not plan on any more trips after September? haha I honestly had a hard time making the leap to an AP too but once I looked back at how many times I was going I was a bit sick at the money I could have saved if even just I had an AP.

Something to think about! Can always do it when you get there and upgrade your hopper then!

Especially after that devastating loss to the Patriots last night. Yep, I'm a HUGE Chiefs fan and that loss was hard to take.:( Did anyone else watch the game??? If so, only comment if you are a Chief's fan...:oops::sad::sad2::furious:

I don't think I realized you were a Chiefs fan. We are Steelers fans but like every good American all we wanted to see was the Patriots lose. I could give two craps about the Super Bowl now.

We watched the game. Andy is a patriots fan. He grew up in the New England area. I could care less most of the time. I usually fall asleep during the games. oops.

The Super Bowl sure isn't the line up we were hoping for either! But, now that it's come to this, I'm all-in for @Lesley Wake 's Rams. May they destroy Tom Brady. :teeth:

All I can say to that is GO RAMS!!!!!!!!

Something to think about! Can always do it when you get there and upgrade your hopper then!

I think I am at least going to look into it!!!!:love: Wait until you see where we are staying in September...I couldn't leave well enough alone...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1
Hint...Look at my Signature...

SIDE NOTE:

As some of you know, I booked another trip to return to Disney in September...I originally reserved Art of Animation for 5 nights. Yep, Joe and I decided to take our niece, Gia on another birthday trip. Then, the Sun and Fun deal came out and Free Dining, both on the same day. Well, I tried that entire day to change my reservation to one of the offers that came out with no such luck. The site kept crashing. Stitch kept eating the page. Blah. Blah. Blah. It was a disaster. Finally, the next day I was able to get through, and...there was nothing left. I was frustrated and a little pissy that I wasn't able to save some money and book a different resort. Until the other day...For fun, I popped into the site and low and behold, there was a TON of availability. So, I ran some numbers, did some more calculating and recalculating...And, guess what?????? We are now booked at...

upload_2019-1-23_8-9-45.jpeg

images

upload_2019-1-23_8-11-0.jpeg

Can you say 4 nights/5 days at The Grand Floridian!!!!!!!! I had to cut a night off our trip, but we are staying at The Grand Floridian!!!! I am soooooooo excited!!! It will be so convenient to stay on the monorail line, as we will be spending most of our time at the Magic Kingdom...Also, when all is said and done, I am only paying about $100 more than my previous reservation. But, more on that whenever I start that PTR...

Can you say 4 nights/5 days at The Grand Floridian!!!!!!!! I had to cut a night off our trip, but we are staying at The Grand Floridian!!!! I am soooooooo excited!!! It will be so convenient to stay on the monorail line, as we will be spending most of our time at the Magic Kingdom...Also, when all is said and done, I am only paying about $100 more than my previous reservation.
No one in my regular life understands Disney Math, but THIS is exactly why I love it!! How incredibly exciting!! I hope to stay there someday. You've inspired me that it IS possible :)

Thats seriously so amazing! And I'm guessing that got you the free dining deal too? Thats an AWESOME deal!

Actually, the Room offer was better, so I took that and just added the Dining Plan onto it.:love:
Staying at The Grand Floridian will be so convenient since we are going to be spending a lot of time at MK for Gia.:P

Joining in! I’ll also be a part of the May trip, so looking forward to meeting you!

At ‘Ohana they will put any drink into a pineapple! When we were there with our wedding party, one of my bridesmaids wanted a Pina Colada and they just charged a $5 upcharge to put it inside a pineapple (which is a lot, but it’s nice to know it’s an option!)

Personally, I’m not a fan of BOG breakfast at all - it’s way too expensive for what it is, and last time we ate there it was cold and bland. But, everyone has different likes, so I look forward to seeing what you think of it!

Awesome news on getting GFC! I hate when the Disney site crashed, but sadly I get some sort of sadistic pleasure out of continuing to check my options and then something coming through! I think I'll enjoy it more if I know I worked for it :-)

QUICK UPDATE:

Well hello everyone!!!! Remember how I was telling you all a few pages back that I wasn't sure what Joe and I were going to do for breakfast on Thursday, May 2nd before checking into the Wilderness Lodge???? Well, I got that figured out...I booked breakfast at Olivia's in the Old Key West Resort. This is a restaurant that Joe and I really like. We also find it to be a hidden gem of sorts. We have had all 3 meals here many times. The service has always been outstanding and the food has always been delicious. Plus, I love how you can sit outside to enjoy a TS meal here. Unfortunately, we haven't dined here since our July of 2017 trip. With Disney continually expanding, there are always new places we want to try, so Olivia's has gotten pushed to the back burner our last couple of trips. I'm happy to say we will be visiting our old favorite again in 96 days. Can you believe we are down to double digits already???? Has anyone else dined here??? If so, what are your thoughts????

Next up, what are the plans for Flower and Garden with all those beautiful ladies????:flower2::flower1::daisy::flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!