Amorettes or Gideons?

melissa70

Mouseketeer
I love cake with delicious buttercream frosting! Who has had cake from both places and which is better?

Do you like a lot of buttercream? Amorettes cakes tend to be a lot of thin layers of cake and frosting, with the frosting layers being exceptionally thin. Gideons cakes look to have a lot of frosting. Haven’t had their cake yet though. Didn’t care for Amorettes cake.

I love cake with delicious buttercream frosting! Who has had cake from both places and which is better?
Amorettes has more adventurous fillings that aren’t my style. I had a slice of the golden Oreo from Gideon’s and I thought it was good.

I like the PBJ and the Key Lime from Gideon’s, but they are crazy buttercream heavy and you need to bring them to room temp, don’t eat them cold.

Gideons it is!
Check out the monthly cake slice schedule so you won’t be disappointed. I can’t tell you how many times I went to Gideons, hoping for the golden Oreo cake when it wasn’t a day that it was available. I was so happy the day I found out that they post the weekly schedule at the beginning of the month.😁

May be an image of chiffon cake and text that says 'MARCH CAKE SCHEDULE! SUNDAY PB BANANA, VANILLA CRUMB CAKE, VALENTINA'S CAKE MONDAY SALTED CARAMEL ESPRESSO, PB&J CARROT CAKE TUESDAY COOKIES & CREAM, PB CUP. RED VELVET CAKE WEDNESDAY PB CHOCOLATE DELUXE, BANANA WALNUT CHOCOLATE CHIP, KEY LIME PIE CAKE THURSDAY CHOCOLATE EVERYTHING, GOLDEN OREO, VALENTINA'S CAKE FRIDAY CHOCOLATE CRUMB CAKE, RAINBOW CRUNCH, CARROT CAKE SATURDAY PB CHOCOLATE DELUXE, CHOCOLATE CHIP MARSHMALLOW. COFFEE TOFFEE CRUNCH BOTH LOCATIONS DAILY. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. SUBJECT CHANGE INGREDIENT Û A SHORTAGE'

I can appreciate that some folks don't love gobs of frosting with a side of cake but it's my absolute favorite dessert 😁Still dreaming about the Gideon's slice my family had a few years ago. Hoping to grab another in April!

I can appreciate that some folks don't love gobs of frosting with a side of cake but it's my absolute favorite dessert 😁Still dreaming about the Gideon's slice my family had a few years ago. Hoping to grab another in April!
I could almost just eat all frosting, but the cake helps to cut the sweetness and heaviness of the frosting :rotfl2:

Gideon's is amazing. However, it can be less of a wait time to drive over to the original east end market and back than wait at Disney Springs! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter