Amish Beard Trimmers Caught

This is not too far from me here in Ohio, we have a very large Amish population nearby. I know it sounds silly...the beard cutting...but it's very upsetting for them. It's been all over the news here. The leader of the break away group they talk about, Sam Mullet, has even been interviewed on the news, he reminds me of a Warren Jeffs type zealot. I'm glad they have made some arrests.

I am so glad that they found the people who were responsible for the attacks on the Amish men. Although I may not agree with someone's political or religious beliefs I feel that our American way of life allows the expression of personal convictions (as long as children or animals are not involved). How, and in what way does it matter to me as a law abiding citizen if someone chooses to grow a long beard, not use electricity or modern conveniences, marry the person of their choice, dance under the full moon, or be a Disney fanatic (like me). Our nation was founded on tolerance, and I count my blessings every day that I live in a country that allows me to express my feelings.

.....stepping down from my soap box....

I am so glad that they found the people who were responsible for the attacks on the Amish men. ...

They were cutting off the hair of women as well.

The men who were doing this are looking at some serious prison time or should be. They were breaking into houses and assaulting the people inside. Depending on what they did and state law its possible they could be charged with kidnapping as well.

The Amish seem to want to handle this themselves but these actions are way over the top.

I saw an interesting documentary on the Amish last week. Some things I really admire about them. Other things they do, not so much for me. :)

The Mennonites have impressed me with their hard work and charity after a very bad hurricane we had decades ago. They work they did was excellent. More so than what the Fed's did.

I am glad they arrested the hair cutters. :thumbsup2

Later,
Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter