American Space Museum & Space Walk of Fame

dtk07

Mouseketeer
We are having some back and forth on doing the Kennedy Space Center after our cruise. While we hear great things about it, we are having a hard time justifying the cost when we would be touring with a 4 year old and his attention span and also having only about 2-3 hours to cram everything in.

Would the American Space Museum make a suitable alternative to get a taste of the space history of the area? I don't hear nearly as much about it(just learned it existed after a year of cruise planning) and the $20 for the 3 of us sounds much more cost effective.

If its means anything this will be our 3rd trip to Disney World (1st cruise). Realistically we should have the opportunity to do the space center another time when our son is a little older. I'm just not sold on the cost this time. Any thoughts???

I think you're right that you don't have enough time to justify a visit to Kennedy Space Center. While I've never been to the American Space Museum, it doesn't appear to be geared towards small children.

Here's a video that tours through the building:

We are thinking of doing this since you are kicked off the boat at 800am and can't check into AK until later in the day.

Have a 4 year old too but also a 11 and 13 year old who will love it.

We are thinking of doing this since you are kicked off the boat at 800am and can't check into AK until later in the day.

Have a 4 year old too but also a 11 and 13 year old who will love it.
If you arrive at your resort before the room is ready, you can still check in. Leave your bags with the bellman. And, often, they will text you when your room is ready and deliver your bags there while you are out roaming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter