American Idol

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who's definitely not an Alejandro fan. When he got through, but Jeremiah got cut, that almost did me in! Almost as bad as when Bubly (or whatever her name was), the subway singer from NYC got cut. At least DS can still hear her. I'm still a week or so behind (have it recorded) but Alejandro better go soon.

Wow, you thought Bubly had talent, but not Alejandro? Do you even know what real talent is?

I totally disagree with you about Alejandro. Was so disappointed he made it to the final. If he wins I’ll be even more disappointed. I just don’t see the draw to him. Everything he sings is soft and slow, same sound all the time. And always with his guitar or the piano, he never seems to challenge himself as the others do.

For me, either Laine or Madison for the win. I’d be happy with either one. I would buy music from either. Would not buy anything from Alejandro.

I agree- Alejandro is so boring when he "sings"- he is a good musician but his singing is not good. Every performance he gives is boring and exactly the same. He never goes out of his comfort zone- even Sunday when they were singing a song from their "heros"he sang a song he wrote himself!

If one does not care for Alejandro and his style/sound, then hey that is fine!!!!
He is very different, and I do not personally care for a lot of what he does.
But count me in with those who will not question his actual musical talent. I just don't see how anyone can question that.

Yes, his vocals are limited... not a lot of range. But I don't have a problem with that.
Even his vocal performance on Elton John was really good. His best, I think.
That is where he is working and growing.

Music, like visual arts, is in the ear of the listener. Talent is subjective. My teens love rap, I despise it. Alejandro has talent, he is a great songwriter and musician, but not a great singer or performer, IMO, kind of boring. He's no Ed Sheeran! And he's not the typical AI-type of winner.

Last edited:
Ed Sheeran... seriously????
Well, live and let live.
If I have some respect, and don't go around bashing Ed Sheeran then maybe that should also apply to those who don't appreciate Alajandro?

Am I the only one watching? Can't wait to see who wins....although I've got a guess. :-)

We watched it live last nite. I liked all of the final 3, but was pulling for Alejandro. Fifteen minutes before they announce the winner, we had a total power outage--came back on JUST as they announced the winner. I like Laine, but I think that Alejandro will have the more successful career.

So glad Laine won, I would have been happy for either him or Madison to win. I was surprised she wasn’t in the final two with Laine.

Happy Alain’s won too. His last song by Sam Cook was so good. I think he is going to lean country...lol

Watching the home visit with Alejandro was sad, seem to have little family or just no support.

On Kelly and Ryan this morning they said that Alejandro got on the chartered plane with Laine to be on the show tomorrow but then wanted off. He is afraid to fly. Even his home visit he went by train.

Plus they both get a Disney cruise...to bad they didn’t give them 4 each...

Glad that Laine won, because I am NOT a fan.
Glad that Alejandro and Madison didn't win, because I AM fans!!! (Except for Aljandro's wierd stuff)
Now ABC doesn't own them. (the kiss of death)

I must be the only one that didn't like Madison. She could sing but she was so boring. Nothing about her really stood out to me. I think the best man won - but if that song that they made him sing at the end (Flame) is any indication of where they are steering him then he is screwed. That was not a true Laine song.

I thought Madison was fine but I found nothing interesting about her and didn't see anything that made her stand out. She was the typical young female singer with a big voice for ballads.

We watched it live last nite. I liked all of the final 3, but was pulling for Alejandro. Fifteen minutes before they announce the winner, we had a total power outage--came back on JUST as they announced the winner. I like Laine, but I think that Alejandro will have the more successful career.
I totally agree. Alejandro has the desire and talent to go far. I think Laine’s “stardom” is going to fade pretty quick.

I must be the only one that didn't like Madison. She could sing but she was so boring. Nothing about her really stood out to me. I think the best man won - but if that song that they made him sing at the end (Flame) is any indication of where they are steering him then he is screwed. That was not a true Laine song.
Nope, I didn’t really care for her either. I’m glad she didn’t win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter