American Idol Taped At WDW?

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
I heard that the Judge's portion of last night's American Idol show was taped at WDW.(this was Orlando night).Is that true?:)

They seem to have shown images of WDW,but the actual auditions and where the contestants were held was in the Amway arena by Downtown and the Rosen Shingle Creek resort and spa near International Drive closer to Universal,Sea World and the Convention Center.I stayed at that hotel about 6 months ago so I recognized it right away and even saw the room where the judges were listening to the contestants sing which was called Sandlake which I looked up just to be certain that hotel had a room called that and yep,it was the Rosen Shingle Creek.

They seem to have shown images of WDW,but the actual auditions and where the contestants were held was in the Amway arena by Downtown and the Rosen Shingle Creek resort and spa near International Drive closer to Universal,Sea World and the Convention Center.I stayed at that hotel about 6 months ago so I recognized it right away and even saw the room the judges were were listening to the contestants was called Sandlake which I looked up just to be certain that hotel had a room called that and yep,it was the Rosen Shingle Creek.
Thank you!:)

I didn't "recognize" anything at the judge's location that reminded me of anything at WDW.

I guess to some people WDW covers ANYTHING in that area!:)

They seem to have shown images of WDW,but the actual auditions and where the contestants were held was in the Amway arena by Downtown and the Rosen Shingle Creek resort and spa near International Drive closer to Universal,Sea World and the Convention Center.I stayed at that hotel about 6 months ago so I recognized it right away and even saw the room where the judges were listening to the contestants sing which was called Sandlake which I looked up just to be certain that hotel had a room called that and yep,it was the Rosen Shingle Creek.

I did the same thing last week, because I liked the challenge of trying to figure it out...Sandlake and the golf course in the bankground were the only clues :)

For Boston, I was wondering which building they were in, so I used Google Earth with the 3D Buildings turned on, and used the position of the Customs House tower against the airport backdrop to determine they were at 60 State Street, in the former Bay Tower Room or a nearby room. Turns out I was right.

Crap, I just admitted I'm watching it, didn't I?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter