Amazon shipping estimates

jrmasm

Last time I checked, it was still
Anyone else noticing delayed shipping estimates? I just ordered water filters and the estimate is Nov 21 - 26. This is with Prime. I was curious why it was so long so I click on a few other items. Everything that I checked had the same estimate.

Did they change their shipping times when they granted everyone free shipping during the holidays?

I just had something delivered a week ahead of scheduled. It was estimated for the upcoming Monday, then it was switched to Thursday (yesterday) and it actually showed up on Tuesday. It was only ordered last Sunday so that’s about 48 hour turnaround. It wasn’t Prime, either.

Hopefully it’s just a temporary thing for you.

Honestly, I was wondering the same thing. I have been a PRIME member for years. I ordered something on Tuesday and Free two day had it arriving on the following Monday! And this was for a best selling book and I live within an hour and a half of a HUGE fulfillment center and have always gotten things super fast.

A week or so ago, I also noticed slower than normal shipping when I went to order my cat food...which for the record used to have free same day shipping too.

So, I agree with you that something seems to be up, which stinks.

I love Amazon, but not if they are going to charge me for PRIME and then give me delayed shipping. (and we find it very convenient and do a lot of online shopping. For me, the shipping benefits are/were the biggest benefit to PRIME).

I ordered a pair of shoes yesterday and they are scheduled for delivery tomorrow so it might be certain items. I have noticed that sometimes I will go to order something and the item is listed as "prime" but it shows longer than two day to get to me at checkout which I always thought was a seller issue, as in the seller wouldn't prepare the shipment for a couple of days but it was still shipped using the 2day shipping method. I do love PRIME though.

Finding the same thing here. Also have the package take days longer than the estimate. If it is taking so long for me to get the items with Prime 2 day shipping I would hate to see how long it would take for regular mail.

I've questioned them on that and was told that Prime shipping is 2 days from when it ships, and that doesn't mean it will arrive in 2 days.
Well OK, but originally that is exactly what Prime was- ordered and you got it in 2 days.
I purchase a ton on Amazon and most things do arrive in time, but when they don't I call and they give you 1 free month added to your Prime membership. That only works if it comes later than promised when ordered, it doesn't work for later estimates when you order.

My friend was told the same thing as Hikergirl the other day when she called. The two days refer to shipping only, not when it was actually pulled for shipping. So, I pay $100/yr for prime and they can wait a week to send it to the shipper?

They also tried to blame it on the tornado that hit the Baltimore Distribution center three weeks ago. But most of our stuff comes out of Delaware.

I have always known that for non Amazon sellers, there may be a delay from when you order to when you ship. My most recent experiences have been standard in stock shipped by Amazon orders, some for things I have been buying for quite some time. I am hoping that my recent experience has been a fluke.

Hikergirl, I agree with you that two days used to mean two days, especially when it was shipped and sold by AMAZON. Not two days to get to you after we take two days to fulfill the order.

My guaranteed delivery dates were always within 2 days of my order, at the time of the order, except with secondary sellers. And those terms were clearly stated on the item page and at checkout.

What's bugging me is that I currently can't find a single product with guaranteed delivery sooner that the 21st.

Something screwy is going on. This on the kindle ordering page.

FREE Delivery Wednesday, Nov. 21 - Monday, Nov. 26
Get it Saturday, Nov. 24 if you order within 167 hrs 14 mins and choose paid Saturday Delivery at checkout Details

In Stock.

Why pay extra for that? :rotfl2:

My guaranteed delivery dates were always within 2 days of my order, at the time of the order, except with secondary sellers. And those terms were clearly stated on the item page and at checkout.

What's bugging me is that I currently can't find a single product with guaranteed delivery sooner that the 21st.

Yes this is exactly what happened to me with my book on Tuesday. That book and several other items I checked all had delivery dates of Monday for PRIME two day. They are changing things for the holidays...maybe they think we won't notice.

For the record, with the book, I fell for the trap and paid for one day shipping. I know I shouldn't have, but I needed it. So I played right into their hands.

I just checked a Fire Stick and Dot bundle. Nov 21-26
Well if I go to order the bundle with the new echo dot 3rd generation smart speaker it tells me it's IN STOCK on November 24th. Tells me it would be estimated arrival for me on November 28th.

The fire stick can get to me guaranteed by the 18th.

I'm gonna guess the echo dot (3rd generation smart speaker) is a big seller at the moment for at least that item since for me it's not even presently in stock to ship to me.

Well if I go to order the bundle with the new echo dot 3rd generation smart speaker it tells me it's IN STOCK on November 24th. Tells me it would be estimated arrival for me on November 28th.

The fire stick can get to me guaranteed by the 18th.

I'm gonna guess the echo dot (3rd generation smart speaker) is a big seller at the moment for at least that item since for me it's not even presently in stock to ship to me.

Fire TV Stick bundle with Echo Dot (2nd Gen) - Black
by Amazon
203,245 customer reviews

| 1000+ answered questions
Amazon'sChoicefor "firestick tv stick with alexa voice remote"

List Price: $79.98
Price: $39.98 Free Shipping for Prime Members
You Save: $40.00 (50%)

In Stock.

I added that bundle to my cart and this what checkout shows:

Estimated delivery: Nov. 21, 2018 - Nov. 26, 2018
Items shipped from Amazon.com
41iz5Tw82IL._SS100_.jpg

Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Black
Part 1 of 2 - Fire TV Stick bundle with Echo Dot (2nd Gen) - Black here.
31CO38sRgDL._SS100_.jpg

Fire TV Stick with 1st Gen Alexa Voice Remote, streaming media player
Part 2 of 2 - Fire TV Stick bundle with Echo Dot (2nd Gen) - Black here.
Choose your Prime delivery option:
Saturday, Nov. 24
$17.98 - Saturday Delivery
1 business day
$7.98 - One-Day Shipping
2 business days
FREE Two-Day Shipping

Fire TV Stick bundle with Echo Dot (2nd Gen) - Black
by Amazon
203,245 customer reviews

| 1000+ answered questions
Amazon'sChoicefor "firestick tv stick with alexa voice remote"

List Price: $79.98
Price: $39.98 Free Shipping for Prime Members
You Save: $40.00 (50%)

In Stock.

I added that bundle to my cart and this what checkout shows:

Estimated delivery: Nov. 21, 2018 - Nov. 26, 2018
Items shipped from Amazon.com
41iz5Tw82IL._SS100_.jpg

Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Black
Part 1 of 2 - Fire TV Stick bundle with Echo Dot (2nd Gen) - Black here.
31CO38sRgDL._SS100_.jpg

Fire TV Stick with 1st Gen Alexa Voice Remote, streaming media player
Part 2 of 2 - Fire TV Stick bundle with Echo Dot (2nd Gen) - Black here.
Choose your Prime delivery option:
Saturday, Nov. 24
$17.98 - Saturday Delivery
1 business day
$7.98 - One-Day Shipping
2 business days
FREE Two-Day Shipping
Ah you didn't specify you were going for the 2nd generation so I just selected the fire stick and echo dot bundle from Amazon's page.

If I select the 2nd generation bundle I can get mine guaranteed by the 18th. And actually I can get free 1-day delivery and get both to my house by tomorrow the 17th.

upload_2018-11-16_13-43-26.png

I do wonder if things like Winter Storm Avery is impacting things at least in the last few days depending on where you live?

My sister-in-law was flying to Newark yesterday connecting in Chicago and by the time the plane connected to the gate their flight to Newark was cancelled. The next flight they could was flying out Saturday. I checked SWA's page and they have their weather policy in effect for much of the east coast.

Not saying that's what's going on but I do wonder if that is impacting things to an extent. Could also be the wildfires going on. And many other things. IDK just thinking out loud.

No doubt though I know people have been on and off again discussing the shipping time and delivery.

The bundle was on their home page. :confused3

Like I said in a prior post, looks like something is screwy. Hopefully it's resolved soon.

The bundle was on their home page. :confused3

Like I said in a prior post, looks like something is screwy. Hopefully it's resolved soon.
Good grief sorry I didn't get the exact generation you didn't mention :confused3 Sorry I attempted to help

For the record there are multiple places to go for bundles on their home page. One is a banner, one is a box, etc.

You’re correct. I didn’t mention the version because it didn’t matter. It was an item sold by Amazon, not a reseller and in stock. Those were the important details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!