Amazing August - W.I.S.H. Goals

The hot weather is back and I am not motivated to move! The afternoons are very long at work! Tomorrow I am going out for breakfast. Today I did really well on calories. Not so sure how tomorrow will look! I was planning a baked potato and salad for dinner so that should off-set whatever I eat in the morning. Maybe I'll squeeze a walk in before breakfast. A neighbor swung by tonight and we walked. It was 86 degrees so we didn't walk fast!

Topic Tuesday!

Let's talk about comfort eating. A lot of people use food to cheer them up when they feel low. And often it is a very availabe quick fix that is easy to get, not a lot of money and let's be honest: tasty.

What's your favourite non-food mood enhancer? Have you found something that works for you already or have you experimented with something that did not work? Any ideas what you could try to be as comfortable as this kitten?

hygge-celebrateseason-1000.jpg

A downer from the weekend was that I got some new clothing in the next smaller size and it looked awful when I got home and tried it on (I hate trying stuff on in the store). The jeans technically fit but looked bad and the two tops were too small. Arggggg.... it just reminded me about how much farther I have to go.

Sorry that it wasn't as successful as you hoped! But keep in mind that even if you have reached your goal, there will be always things that don't look good. That was one of the surprising lessons for me to learn when I first lost quite a lot of weight. That even though I did not have trouble fitting into any standard size clothes, some still just looked horrible on me and no amount of weight loss would change that!

I also have to remind myself there’s nothing I can’t eat, I just have to plan for it. Feeling like I can never have a glass of wine is too discouraging. Just not every day!

Yes, moderation is far more sensible than annihilation. For me one thing is however that I sometimes find it hard to figure the right level of moderation. Less than going crazy is already less, but maybe not enough for me to maintain my current weight. Hope you are doing better at figuring this out! I think your Friday evening martini is a good rule already!

A neighbor swung by tonight and we walked. It was 86 degrees so we didn't walk fast!

Well done!! I found out that even though the heat really tired me out I felt less tired when I made sure to still keep some level of activity.

TOPIC TUESDAY:

Non-food related things that bring me comfort... yarn, and lipstick. Any sort of cosmetic really, little containers of magic. The connection between the two is color, as I love color and even crave it some times. With yarn it's also texture and the tactile satisfaction of having it in my hands. Walking thru the yarn store squishing all the skeins is a real thing, if they see you doing it they'll know you're a serious yarnie.

Wow, when I was reading Wheat Belly I thought it wouldn't be much of an adjustment for me as I wasn't consuming that much bread, but yesterday after just one day consciously not eating any wheat, I had a cleanse type headache and crabbiness. Last night I experimented with some keto style "bread", a single serving that you microwave in a ramekin. It was OK, didn't really taste bready, but did have a nice mouth feel and chew.

Super cute kitty @Flossbolna ... orange tabbies are my all time favorite.

I love reading-I always have at least two or three books on my nightstand-fiction, non-fiction, biographies-and I belong to a book club. I enjoy that because our choices are usually something out of my comfort zone.
I would like to become more of a gardener-I like being outdoors and it would be another kind of physical activity.

Hi Everyone. I am back for the month. I just got back from our Disney Cruise. It was a good vacation but I learned that i do not have sea legs. As soon as the boat undocked at Port Canaveral I was sick. Lots of Bonine and the sea bands helped so I could at least enjoy the trip but I never felt 100%. On the way home I also spilled a cup of hot tea on me and got a few 1st degree burns. Most have healed most of the way. Thankfully my fingers do not hurt anymore but I do have a blister or 2 on two of my fingers. My leg still hurts pretty bad. I can't see it because it is the side/back of my thigh. DH said it looks better though. I won't be getting a lot of exercise in until it heals.

Since i can't do much right now I am going to focus on drinking 20 oz of water a day. This is very hard for me but something I really need to work on.

Hey what a wonderful thread idea :)
Hope it's ok I just jump on in!

Tuesday Topic: the #1 thing that I do to help relieve stress/bring comfort is exercise. Yoga is great but my honest go-to is hopping on my indoor bike and peddling it out. I do this when I can't sleep or get comfortable, when I'm upset or stressed, and especially when I feel full and bloated. If I overeat, immediately exercising always helps. Walks are always therapeutic, too.
Gardening, reading, doing mindless chores, or treating myself to some self-care are also things I do instead of eating

Thanks again for this thread and I hope everyone is having a fantastic day/night :)

@piglet1979 I'm so sorry about your burns. That sounds so painful.

@DaddysPrincess :welcome:

My favorite mood enhancer is a walk! I also love to read a book and there's always a jigsaw puzzle. I prefer physical ones, but I do a digital one every day and more if I'm stressed or need to veg out!

I ate half of my breakfast today and if DS2 doesn't have it for a midnight snack I'll eat the other half tomorrow. We did have salad and baked potato for dinner. Yummy Now if I only knew what we were having tomorrow! I keep telling myself I really need to start planning more. That and I think I need to buy some frozen fruit bars. It's so hot and I know they would taste so much better than the ice cream sandwiches I keep sneaking! What's your favorite hot weather snack?

voices_environmentalist_to_party_main-760x378.jpg

It's Wohoo Wednesday!! Share something that is worth celebrating - as little as it might be!!

Non-food related things that bring me comfort... yarn, and lipstick. Any sort of cosmetic really, little containers of magic. The connection between the two is color, as I love color and even crave it some times. With yarn it's also texture and the tactile satisfaction of having it in my hands. Walking thru the yarn store squishing all the skeins is a real thing, if they see you doing it they'll know you're a serious yarnie.

I had to laugh a little at the combination! But I agree on the cosmetics. I am not a lipstick user, but I do like to get a little bath bomb or a new nail polish!

Super cute kitty @Flossbolna ... orange tabbies are my all time favorite.

Thanks! It was a random picture that I found when searching for "hygge" - because when you search pictures for comfort, you get weired things (ugly sofas for example).

I love reading-I always have at least two or three books on my nightstand-fiction, non-fiction, biographies-and I belong to a book club. I enjoy that because our choices are usually something out of my comfort zone.
I would like to become more of a gardener-I like being outdoors and it would be another kind of physical activity.

Those are great choices. Reading really lets you get into your own little world.

Hi Everyone. I am back for the month.

Welcome back!! I am sorry that cruising was not your thing, but at least it means that you won't have picked up an expensive vacation habit! And even more sorry about your burn! I hope you will heal quickly!

Hey what a wonderful thread idea :)
Hope it's ok I just jump on in!

:welcome: We are delighted to have you!

Tuesday Topic: the #1 thing that I do to help relieve stress/bring comfort is exercise. Yoga is great but my honest go-to is hopping on my indoor bike and peddling it out. I do this when I can't sleep or get comfortable, when I'm upset or stressed, and especially when I feel full and bloated. If I overeat, immediately exercising always helps. Walks are always therapeutic, too.
Gardening, reading, doing mindless chores, or treating myself to some self-care are also things I do instead of eating

It's a great thing that you are able to chanel your bad feelings into a workout! I do agree that physical exercise has a very positive effect on my mind as well.

My favorite mood enhancer is a walk! I also love to read a book and there's always a jigsaw puzzle. I prefer physical ones, but I do a digital one every day and more if I'm stressed or need to veg out!

Ah, I really need to get out my family's jigsaw puzzles! Those are such nice activties and I should invest more time in things like that!

----

My woohoo for today is that I can report that I managed to get my goal of calory deficit in week #2 of August as well.
8/13: -562
8/14: -463
so total for Week #2: -3.557

But I see that it was more difficult for this week than the previous week and I need to up my game again. To many incidents of me cutting corners and making the easier but calory heavier choice. So, the next week needs to be about refocussing on being sensible with my eating!

My Woohoo Wednesday is dedicated to my 8yr old Rottweiler, Dozer. He was diagnosed with bone cancer on April 26th. The disease is going to end up taking him but we've had him on pain meds and he's been hanging in there like the hardcore bamf he is. I love him so much and I'm eternally grateful for every day I get with him8f6dec95-33b9-4d25-991e-52167e529a04.png

{Edited for typo}

Hi Everyone. I am back for the month. I just got back from our Disney Cruise. It was a good vacation but I learned that i do not have sea legs. As soon as the boat undocked at Port Canaveral I was sick. Lots of Bonine and the sea bands helped so I could at least enjoy the trip but I never felt 100%. On the way home I also spilled a cup of hot tea on me and got a few 1st degree burns. Most have healed most of the way. Thankfully my fingers do not hurt anymore but I do have a blister or 2 on two of my fingers. My leg still hurts pretty bad. I can't see it because it is the side/back of my thigh. DH said it looks better though. I won't be getting a lot of exercise in until it heals.

Since i can't do much right now I am going to focus on drinking 20 oz of water a day. This is very hard for me but something I really need to work on.
Ouch! Hope you are feeling better soon.

My Woohoo Wednesday is dedicated to my 8yr old Rottweiler, Dozer. He was diagnosed with bone cancer on April 26th. The disease is going to end up taking him but we've had him on pain meds and he's been hanging in there like the hardcore bamf he is. I love him so much and I'm eternally grateful for every day I get with himView attachment 343912

{Edited for typo}
Hugs to you both.

feel better soon @piglet1979

What's your favourite non-food mood enhancer? Have you found something that works for you already or have you experimented with something that did not work? Any ideas what you could try to be as comfortable as this kitten?

I love bodybalance classes - workout based on thai chi (5 minutes) vanyasa yoga (30) pilates 10 to 15 and meditation. I also like yoga with adriene

hot bath, cuddle, call a friend, get your toe nails done with some happy colour, walk

Yesterday I totally overnsacked, yuks I should have thought little harder!

Last edited:
My Woohoo Wednesday is dedicated to my 8yr old Rottweiler, Dozer. He was diagnosed with bone cancer on April 26th. The disease is going to end up taking him but we've had him on pain meds and he's been hanging in there like the hardcore bamf he is. I love him so much and I'm eternally grateful for every day I get with him

Hope you have many more happy days with him before it is time to say goodbye! :grouphug:

My Woohoo Wednesday is dedicated to my 8yr old Rottweiler, Dozer. He was diagnosed with bone cancer on April 26th. The disease is going to end up taking him but we've had him on pain meds and he's been hanging in there like the hardcore bamf he is. I love him so much and I'm eternally grateful for every day I get with himView attachment 343912

Hope you have many good days together. He’s a beautiful dog.

My favorite hot weather snack is ice cream-I really don’t eat it at all over the winter. Since I’ve gone back to WW six weeks ago I have had one small serving. We’re going to the beach in a couple weeks and I have promised myself a sundae from our favorite ice cream place on the boardwalk. My other favorite is ice cold watermelon-luckily I can have that whenever I want!

My favorite hot weather snack is ice cream-I really don’t eat it at all over the winter. Since I’ve gone back to WW six weeks ago I have had one small serving. We’re going to the beach in a couple weeks and I have promised myself a sundae from our favorite ice cream place on the boardwalk. My other favorite is ice cold watermelon-luckily I can have that whenever I want!
I love ice cream too & There's a parlor in our town that is always tempting me. Occasionally I'll get what I truly want; however I'm usually just as satisfied with a scoop of something less caloric (sherbet is my go-to) in a baby cone.
Have you ever tried nice cream?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!