Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, talking of hilarious husbands.....I was out all morning, it's now evening here and my husband just said "oh, by the way, someone phoned you from the United States this morning whilst you were out, but I thought they were just telesales so I told them we were not interested, and put the phone down".

How I laughed.

:rotfl:

There is quite a bit of buzz on the FB - it seems that emails will be coming soon. Still can't decide if I am really ready to read it.......

Ok, talking of hilarious husbands.....I was out all morning, it's now evening here and my husband just said "oh, by the way, someone phoned you from the United States this morning whilst you were out, but I thought they were just telesales so I told them we were not interested, and put the phone down".

How I laughed.

:rotfl:

I'm so gulible that if my DH said that my heart would drop for a second!!

Do you think it is legit buzz or just people like us that are sick of waiting? LOL :rotfl:

I think it is legit because current Mom Panel members are posting things about spreading good wishes, the wait being almost over, etc. which they have not done before. There are, however, a considerable amount of people sick of waiting just like us :)

I am literally getting NOTHING done!!:rolleyes1 This morning, I woke up and thought, "I'll just check my phone so I can be elated or disappointed from the comfort of my lovely warm bed." But no news yet.

I've convinced myself that it is taking a little longer because the judges are trying to work out a way for ALL of us to skip R3 and go straight onto the panel. :thumbsup2 Either way, pixie dust for (hopefully) today and (possibly) tomorrow!!
I like the way you think and dream!:woohoo::yay::wizard:

My 7 yr old DDprincess: loves red velvet cake (how many 7 years olds even know what red velvet cake is?? She is wiser far beyond her years!) and we are staying at BLT soon... where do you get it at the Contemporary? This is our 1st stay there, even though it is our home resort... getting VERY excited :yay:
Contempo Cafe- the QS location inside near Chef Mickey's. It was huge and yummy! Highly recommend it.

Hello :)

You know I'm not one to stir up our anxieties ;)

BUT..the butterflies are back, big time.:hippie:

I've got a feeling we should keep an eye on our inboxes today.

Just saying!

:grouphug:
Oh Suey, you have me even more nervous now. I am checking email and my heart is pounding each time. I've never made it this far and have applied since the inception of the panel, so I am super nervous. It would be a complete dream come true for me.

Hello everyone! I woke up to a beautiful Colorado day this morning and feel like it's going to be a GREAT day today, so I thought I would share my gorgeous view with you all this morning to hopefully provide a little inspiration.

snow-1.jpg

Good luck to everyone as we continue to hit the refresh button! :cheer2:
Wow, absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

I posted this on the theme park board, but I bet you guys have wonderful suggestions! Plus it's good practice for us :)

We are going on Nov 13-19 with my family, brother and his family and my parents. My 30th birthday is on the 30th (golden birthday!!) and DH just asked me if I'd rather celebrate in Disney with my family than at home. Personally, I would rather do it in Disney.

I need help with what we could do. We are already doing MVMCP and a wishes cruise. I don't want to do dessert party because DS has peanut allergies and wouldn't be able to eat most if not all of it. I want everyone included (9 people total, a 1, 3 and 4 yr old, and the adults). We aren't super fancy dinner type, I think the kids are too young for HDDR.

Any suggestions? I'd like it to be something special that we have not done and is under $500.
I love celebrating birthdays at the world. I think I will celebrate my 40th there in two years. Where else would I possibly want to spend it? Can't think of anywhere else. So here are some other ideas. I've toured with extended family many times - as big as a party of 15. We've had a blast doing some of these things:
They do offer the sleigh ride from WL, but you might need to do two groups.

One of the best meals we ever had was actually at Shula's at the Dolphin. We hired a sitter (Kids Nite Out) since our kids didn't meet the age minimum for the WDW kids club. Kids Nite Out was awesome, so good in fact, we used them again later that trip on the fly- the kids LOVED the sitter. Anyhow- we had an amazing meal at Shula's, adults only and then walked to World Showcase and had a few drinks and dessert around the world, capped off with Illuminations. It was such a great evening.

Something else different is maybe doing a low key dinner at Trail's End in Fort Wilderness and then renting a golf cart or just walking around to check out all the wonderful light and holiday displays the campers have. It is a lot of fun.

What about the tea at the Grand floridian?

oh and i have to say another of my favorite extinct attraction is:

IF YOU HAD WINGS.....

I still hear the song in my head. I loved that ride. My sisters and I still joke about it. I know it was also Delta Dreamflight too.

For all the parks:
Extinct- Horizons/If You Had Wings
MK- Splash Mtn
Epcot- Soarin (love the music, could listen to it all day long and I do sometimes) :rotfl:
DHS- ToT
AK- EE of course, but I do enjoy Primeval Whirl, reminds me of a mouse trap coaster we had as a kid!

More distractions.........

Okay and had to share the one thing I disliked at Disney.

The pink 25th anniversary castle cake. It was during my college program. And look, hey, my costume almost matched with my pink. :rotfl::confused3:lmao:

ry%3D400

Even though I didn't make it to round 2, I'm still keeping up with the Disney Mom's Panel Hopefuls page on Facebook and am still reading along on this thread. From what it sounds like on Facebook, it seems as if emails should be coming out soon. Good luck to everybody! :wizard:

ok, so I am sitting here with my disboard thread open in one window and my facebook moms panel open in another. I just keep flipping back and forth, back and forth...:rotfl: I need to pack and get ready for my trip but I am frozen in place with butterflies in my stomach!

With all the disboard traffic, facebook traffic, twitter traffic right now we are creating... I hope they announce round 3 soon or it is possible we could crash the whole web!! :laughing:

With all the disboard traffic, facebook traffic, twitter traffic right now we are creating... I hope they announce round 3 soon or it is possible we could crash the whole web!! :laughing:
No kidding. I am supposed to be working, but I can't focus. I am jumping between this thread and multiple FB groups, Twitter and my email.

:laughing::woohoo::eek:

No kidding. I am supposed to be working, but I can't focus. I am jumping between this thread and multiple FB groups, Twitter and my email.

:laughing::woohoo::eek:

Same here! All week, I've been okay....until today! Today, I am going CRAZY! :rotfl: I'm supposed to be working, too, but between email and the Disboards on my desktop, and FB and Twitter on my iphone....I'm getting nothing done! :surfweb:

We have GOT to be close to finding out something! We can't take much more of this!!! :scared1:

I was able to arrange the Mickey's Backyard BarBQ Halloween event for our dining reservation on 10/31- my little DD is going to be so excited. The characters are in costume and the kids can dress up also. I think it mentioned the little ones can "trick or treat" at the event. With all the Halloween celebration we will have next week I am not sure she will ever be able to go back to regular Halloween at home in coming years-

I've heard great things about trick-or-treating at Ft. Wilderness for Halloween. All Ears just had a great story about it, if you haven't already seen it. Some great pics too:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2011/10/halloween_howls_at_fort_wilder.html

Have a blast! :cool1:

Well I finally decided to set my phone to check for mail every 15 minutes (I feel that is a reasonable amount of time right?) and have been doing household chores during the intervals! I have swept and mopped the bedroom floors, and worked through two loads of laundry, and now I am going through everyone's shoes and tossing those that they have out grown!

They better let us know today, because I am really not liking all this cleaning stuff.. :lmao:

My phone bumps the subject title of an incoming email across the top notification bar when it arrives.

I glanced down and all I saw was Walt Disney World ....my heart jumped.

Click on it and it was a Halloween email from the Swan & Dolphin.

DON'T TOY WITH ME LIKE THIS!!!

breathe in, breathe out

The suspense is killing me (and I didn't even make it to Round 2)!!!!!!!:laughing: Hang in there hopefuls; they have to tell you eventually!!!!

Where can I find the hopefuls page on FB? I too am on pins and needles waiting to hear! Good luck and pixie dust to all of you!!!!

FEDEX guy dropped off an envelope and for a second I thought maybe they were contacting R3 via mail - then I saw if was work mail for my husband :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter