Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on the theme park board, but I bet you guys have wonderful suggestions! Plus it's good practice for us :)

We are going on Nov 13-19 with my family, brother and his family and my parents. My 30th birthday is on the 30th (golden birthday!!) and DH just asked me if I'd rather celebrate in Disney with my family than at home. Personally, I would rather do it in Disney.

I need help with what we could do. We are already doing MVMCP and a wishes cruise. I don't want to do dessert party because DS has peanut allergies and wouldn't be able to eat most if not all of it. I want everyone included (9 people total, a 1, 3 and 4 yr old, and the adults). We aren't super fancy dinner type, I think the kids are too young for HDDR.

Any suggestions? I'd like it to be something special that we have not done and is under $500.

I posted this on the theme park board, but I bet you guys have wonderful suggestions! Plus it's good practice for us :)

We are going on Nov 13-19 with my family, brother and his family and my parents. My 30th birthday is on the 30th (golden birthday!!) and DH just asked me if I'd rather celebrate in Disney with my family than at home. Personally, I would rather do it in Disney.

I need help with what we could do. We are already doing MVMCP and a wishes cruise. I don't want to do dessert party because DS has peanut allergies and wouldn't be able to eat most if not all of it. I want everyone included (9 people total, a 1, 3 and 4 yr old, and the adults). We aren't super fancy dinner type, I think the kids are too young for HDDR.

Any suggestions? I'd like it to be something special that we have not done and is under $500.

Campfire Sing A Long over in Fort Wilderness
Dinner at Whispering Canyon or 50's PTC...not fancy but both places will make a big deal about your birthday and could be fun for the kids.
Family Magic Tour in the Magic Kingdom (There is crawling involved so be aware for your parents)
Balloon Ride (great podcast about them on PassPorter)

I'll keep thinking for other ideas, but there is a start! princess:

Just got back from ten days at WDW, I had a lot of catching up to do.

It is hard to believe those Round 3 notices are not out!! I feel for all those who are waiting and hope that all of you get good news.

Favorite extinct attractions (and other bygone things)

Monte Cristo Sandwich from Harbor House in MK
Skyway in MK
Original Imagination in Epcot
Pre-show in Energy (replaced with Ellen) I was amazed with the technology the first time I saw this.
Superstar Television in Hollywood Studios (my hubby was the butler once who got the pie in the face)
Past shows in Epcot - Christmas show outside the American Pavilion with Chip, Dale, and Elves, Charactor show with the charactors modeling their "cheese" for photographers on American Stage
Live narrators on the The Land boat ride
Millenium Village

This last trip I think I missed everything I used to do with my husband (passed away in January from cancer). They are all wonderful happy memories.

But let the fun begin --- those Round Three Notices should be arriving soon. :cheer2:

Life has been crazy sorry I haven't been on here to wish everyone congrats who made it to round two...I wasn't one of the lucky ones but I am ok with it! Anyways I have been reading around and it looks like today might be the day you all get your round 3 notifications! Good luck everyone!

Just got back from ten days at WDW, I had a lot of catching up to do.

It is hard to believe those Round 3 notices are not out!! I feel for all those who are waiting and hope that all of you get good news.

Favorite extinct attractions (and other bygone things)

Monte Cristo Sandwich from Harbor House in MK
Skyway in MK
Original Imagination in Epcot
Pre-show in Energy (replaced with Ellen) I was amazed with the technology the first time I saw this.
Superstar Television in Hollywood Studios (my hubby was the butler once who got the pie in the face)
Past shows in Epcot - Christmas show outside the American Pavilion with Chip, Dale, and Elves, Charactor show with the charactors modeling their "cheese" for photographers on American Stage
Live narrators on the The Land boat ride
Millenium Village

This last trip I think I missed everything I used to do with my husband (passed away in January from cancer). They are all wonderful happy memories.

But let the fun begin --- those Round Three Notices should be arriving soon. :cheer2:

Much :grouphug:for your loss, ticofan.

Thanks for sharing your memories! I miss the narrators on the Land Boat Ride, too. A lot of the other fun things in WDW I have never experienced because my first visit was (gasp!) in the late 1990s and I never even visited Epcot until the year I started working there!! (Now it is my fave WDW park)

Which gets me thinking...
What's your favorite current (all-time) attraction and what's your favorite extinct attraction(s)?

I think my favorite all time attraction is Splash Mountain. It is just a classic in so many ways. :goodvibes

My favorite extinct ride is Mr Toad's Wild Ride in MK. It is one of my first memories of Disney but I rode it the first time in DL when I was a little girl. That train at the end was so very real to me!:scared1:

In other extinct things, I miss the old meal vouchers where you could get a complete meal. I think the one was called Vacation Kingdom Voucher and then there was another less expensive one. DD and I used them at the Rain Forest in AK, Beaches and Cream in BCR, and at Brown Derby in DHS. It was our first trial of a meal plan and we fell for it big time. Oh my did we eat on that trip. :cloud9: I had to use a safety pin to close my pants zipper for the plane ride home! :rotfl:

Hello everyone! I woke up to a beautiful Colorado day this morning and feel like it's going to be a GREAT day today, so I thought I would share my gorgeous view with you all this morning to hopefully provide a little inspiration.

snow-1.jpg

Good luck to everyone as we continue to hit the refresh button! :cheer2:

This is a beautiful scene! I am looking forward to the cold weather however in the meantime it has been very damp.

As for favourite rides, I just love the Peoplemover and Spaceship Earth. As for extinct rides, I have a faint memory of Body Wars and really, really wanted to ride it on our first family trip with DS and DH. Unfortunately we went in late January 2007, just after it closed. Otherwise, as a little girl I do remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and miss it as well as the Skyway...that always was thrilling to me. I was really little then. :) My Mom's favourite is 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea...she always says that logically she knew they weren't decending all that way, but she bought in fully and completely, every time!

Oh and my husband was mean this morning...

He said... "Have you all thought about maybe they have sent the letters and none of you made it?"

The STINKER!!!

Ok, that seriously made me laugh out loud!! Not likely but could you imagine...lol! I'm still laughing!!

I had the red velvet cupcake at the Contempo Cafe. Yummy! Huge, shared it with my dad. When are you going? I'll be there next week. You are going to love BLT!

Really? We will be there Monday- Thursday, leaving Thursday morning for our 1st ever cruise, which is on the Disney Dream!:goodvibes Are you staying at BLT also? We are having mainly a resort visit this time, no park hopping- just Magic Kingdom on Tuesday for the MNSSHP. Maybe we will run into each other!

He said... "Have you all thought about maybe they have sent the letters and none of you made it?"

The STINKER!!!

My husband said the exact same thing!!!!! Except he added a "Wouldn't that be funny if" to the beginning! (and you have to admit...it would be a little funny.)

Hi everyone :wave2:

So DH calls me from work and asks if there was any news yet. I told him, no, and he says, "All right! you're still in it!" It made me laugh and appreciate that I married someone who is the opposite of me :)

My favorite ride is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I'm a big chicken when it comes to rides, so I like that I can enjoy a mountain. I've never ridden Splash Mountain before :eek:

I miss "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire." I was one question away from the million, and I blew it! I also miss the Figaro Fries at Pinnochio Village Haus. Man, those were good!

Ticofan-So sorry for your loss. :hug: We lost DH's mom to cancer this year. It stinks.

Really? We will be there Monday- Thursday, leaving Thursday morning for our 1st ever cruise, which is on the Disney Dream! Are you staying at BLT also? We are having mainly a resort visit this time, no park hopping- just Magic Kingdom on Tuesday for the MNSSHP. Maybe we will run into each other!

Hi there! I would love to hear when you get back about the crowds for the 11/1 MNSSHP. We are looking at staying for 10 days next fall. I think if we arrive on 10/31, we could potentially do the MNSSHP on 11/1 and MVMCP around 11/8 (all in the same trip!) Although we may get whiplash from the season change :rotfl:

Either way, I hope you have a most "Magical" vacation! pixiedust:

Oh the Rocket Rods. I tried to get on those for days. Every time I got in the huge line I'd wait hours just to get close and have them break down. Finally on my last day I stayed in line after they went down and got to ride them. I want to say I enjoyed it, but it had started to rain by the time I got on, and being whipped through rain made each drop feel like shards of ice ripping my face apart. I had to keep my eyes closed and face covered just to avoid injury, but at least I can say I rode that brief piece of Disneyland history.

I always think of that when on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority in WDW. I'm so glad it is still there. I do miss the sky buckets (don't recall their actual name) at Disneyland. Can't remember if I rode them at WDW or not.
Oh, the Skyway! I do miss those! Remember when that guy jumped out of the bucket over Fantasyland? Shortly thereafter they shut them down. :guilty:
This is starting to get crazy... I just want to know already!! lol

My favorite rides in each park are:
CoP & Splash Mountain
Spaceship Earth
Muppet Vision 3D
Expedition Everest

DLR: Indiana Jones
DCA: King Triton's Carousel

I miss:
Original Journey Into Imagination
Horizons
World of Motion
Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Play It!
Superstar Television

OMGosh! Your post reminded me of Journey through Innerspace! Remember that one, Disneyland peeps? :lovestruc

Really? We will be there Monday- Thursday, leaving Thursday morning for our 1st ever cruise, which is on the Disney Dream!:goodvibes Are you staying at BLT also? We are having mainly a resort visit this time, no park hopping- just Magic Kingdom on Tuesday for the MNSSHP. Maybe we will run into each other!

Oh! We are going to miss each other! We are checking into BLT on Fri. the 4th! We were there earlier this month. BLT, MNSSHP, then on Sat. the 8th we boarded the Magic for an Eastern Caribbean. You are going to love the cruise. It was our 3rd Disney Cruise but my DD and granddaughter's first Disney Cruise, well DGD's first ever cruise. I'm sorry we won't be running into you, but you are going to have a great time. BLT is awesome and I love Disney Cruises! Make sure you tell us all about the Dream.

The STINKER!!!

Ok, not to be a Debbie Downer, but I can't stop thinking about this. This is my 1st year making it this far so I have nothing to compare it to, but I'm starting to find it really odd that we haven't heard anything yet when the phone interviews are supposed to start next week. :confused3 It seems in past years they have notified everyone regardless of whether they made it to round 3 or not correct? Is it possible they've changed that this year? I didn't save my confirmation when I submitted my answers & video but I could have sworn it said due to the large # of applicants we cannot respond to everyone or something along those lines. Is it possible they have notified the finalists & have asked them not to say anything? Maybe I'm just reading too much into it but with Nov. starting on Tue. I'm starting to wonder. :confused3

On a happier note my favorite current ride is BTMRR, especially at night & if it's the last car even better! Favorite discontinued ride is the Skyway.

Last night I just could not fall asleep. (I have no idea why. :)) So my husband rolls over at 1am and asks me, "Is everything OK?" I told him that I just couldn't sleep. Then, half asleep, he asks me, "Do you need me to check hotmail on my phone?" I told him not to be silly it was after midnight. Of course after he fell back asleep 3 minutes later, I snuck downstairs and checked myself.

On a happier note my favorite current ride is BTMRR, especially at night & if it's the last car even better! .

Me too!!! On our last trip we were able to ride 5 times in a row without getting off at the end of an Extra Magic Hours evening.

Of course my favorite is an evening of Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder. We have dubbed it Wet...Dry...Repeat.

Hi there! I would love to hear when you get back about the crowds for the 11/1 MNSSHP. We are looking at staying for 10 days next fall. I think if we arrive on 10/31, we could potentially do the MNSSHP on 11/1 and MVMCP around 11/8 (all in the same trip!) Although we may get whiplash from the season change :rotfl:

Either way, I hope you have a most "Magical" vacation! pixiedust:

I will let you know about the crowds that evening. We are arriving 10/31 and just don't want to feel rushed after traveling and take away from some of the magic... plus it is less expensive to go 11/1 than 10/31. I was able to arrange the Mickey's Backyard BarBQ Halloween event for our dining reservation on 10/31- my little DD is going to be so excited. The characters are in costume and the kids can dress up also. I think it mentioned the little ones can "trick or treat" at the event. With all the Halloween celebration we will have next week I am not sure she will ever be able to go back to regular Halloween at home in coming years-

I think that is awesome that your family with get to celebrate MNSSHP and MVMCP within days of each other! I have been to the MVMCP right after Thanksgiving in early December and the crowd was light. I am sure it will be the same the time of year you are traveling. Have fun planning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!