Amazed at inappropriate comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom4praise

Mouseketeer
A co-worker of mine is planning a Disney trip for October of this year, and she knows my family is going for Christmas. This afternoon we were discussing the FP+ system, she had a bunch of questions since she just found out about it (a planner she is not). Then out of the blue she says, "You're so lucky your son will be able to get your family on rides and you won't have to worry much about this new system." :mad: Seriously...I was shocked and just had to walk away.

That is really, really rude. When we went to the parks years ago with our daughter ,who had at that time a life threatening heart condition, I didn't consider us to be anything approaching lucky!

Just move on and have a wonderful trip, there is nothing you can do about people who are that ignorant.

:furious:

Geeeezzzzz!!!! So rude!!! I would feel the same way. I too have had comments very similar to that. I shake my head, walk away, take a breath and of course rant in my head... My DD uses a wheelchair full time and has alot of health problems. We do everything within our power to ensure she has a wonderful life. On our disney trips her Dad carries her on to rides when she can not remain in her chair. She is 20 now so it is a bit difficult by times. Some rides are absolutely impossible ie. aqua duck, she longed to get on that water slide...

I wish you and your family a wonderful fun filled vacation!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I wanted to mention my latest favorite comment.

I try very hard to be a positive person. I am happy and take life as it comes, always try to see the glass half full. My co-worker/friend tends to be negative. I try to reason with her to see things on the upside! The other day she flat out said ... "Its easier for you to see the upside because of everything you have been thru with your daughter!" I had to take a step back at this....

:grouphug:

You just have to consider the source when people make comments like that. I once had a co worker tell me that it had "been interesting" to watch my health deteriorate over the years she had worked with me. Uhhh, ya think! Try living it!

How well do you know this co-worker? Sometimes people just engaged their mouths before their brains and say things that they did not really mean. I think if everyone posting to this thread really thought about it, they were probably in that situation at one time or another.

Now on the other hand...

How well do you know this co-worker? Sometimes people just engaged their mouths before their brains and say things that they did not really mean. I think if everyone posting to this thread really thought about it, they were probably in that situation at one time or another.

Now on the other hand...

This thread is from almost 2 years ago.

Yes - that is one of the reasons old posts are getting revived.
We have no control of how or which the threads end up at the bottom of the screen. People assume the threads that show up are recent.

Since this one is so old, I'm going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts