Amalfi Coast....now that we're 1 month out....Anyone else going Oct 1 to 8???

wdwtheplacetobe

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....
Getting excited for Bella Italia. Doing a "Test Pack" today and wanted to see if anyone else was as ready as we are!

Our first ABD was Viva in 2013, so we're looking forward to seeing Sarah again! You can watch a documentary about her Farm on YouTube "Farm to Table Tuscany"!!!

Getting excited for Bella Italia. Doing a "Test Pack" today and wanted to see if anyone else was as ready as we are!

Our first ABD was Viva in 2013, so we're looking forward to seeing Sarah again! You can watch a documentary about her Farm on YouTube "Farm to Table Tuscany"!!!
I realize this post was from some time ago (and pre COVID. Little did we know how the world would change shortly after your trip!) Would love to hear about your thoughts of this trip. We are contemplating what is now called Italy & Amalfi for 2023 but believe it used to be Bella Italia from what other posters have stated. (Or may have been Viva actually!) We like the idea of doing Rome on our own for a few days and then doing this trip which starts in Naples and ends in Florence. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks so much!!

I realize this post was from some time ago (and pre COVID. Little did we know how the world would change shortly after your trip!) Would love to hear about your thoughts of this trip. We are contemplating what is now called Italy & Amalfi for 2023 but believe it used to be Bella Italia from what other posters have stated. (Or may have been Viva actually!) We like the idea of doing Rome on our own for a few days and then doing this trip which starts in Naples and ends in Florence. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks so much!!
No Problem! This was Bella Italia. Still called Bella by most Guides. It is an excellent trip. Bring home Limoncello and ship home Wine and Olive Oil from Fattoria Poggio Alloro (Sarah's Farm). Traveling the Amalfi Coast is the country/smaller town part of the Trip, boat and bus, then you board the Italo high speed train to Florence. Ask the Guides for restaurants in the places you visit. The Pompeii part of the trip is chilling. You will also see Pisa. The Baptisitry there is beautiful. Capri is an Island that you visit and walk all over. In Rome, hire Cristina Arabito (ABDs Local Guide) as a Private Guide. You will see and learn so much more. Do you have any specific questions?

No Problem! This was Bella Italia. Still called Bella by most Guides. It is an excellent trip. Bring home Limoncello and ship home Wine and Olive Oil from Fattoria Poggio Alloro (Sarah's Farm). Traveling the Amalfi Coast is the country/smaller town part of the Trip, boat and bus, then you board the Italo high speed train to Florence. Ask the Guides for restaurants in the places you visit. The Pompeii part of the trip is chilling. You will also see Pisa. The Baptisitry there is beautiful. Capri is an Island that you visit and walk all over. In Rome, hire Cristina Arabito (ABDs Local Guide) as a Private Guide. You will see and learn so much more. Do you have any specific questions?
Thanks so much for this information! Do you feel it was worth doing v trying to piece it on your own? I really feel it would be but we have friends that want to go that think we could plan on our own. I think the bigger cities could be easier but really fell the smaller town part of trip and getting around is so much easier with ABD. Also, how do I find Cristina's contact information (if you have any idea!)? Thanks!

Thanks so much for this information! Do you feel it was worth doing v trying to piece it on your own? I really feel it would be but we have friends that want to go that think we could plan on our own. I think the bigger cities could be easier but really fell the smaller town part of trip and getting around is so much easier with ABD. Also, how do I find Cristina's contact information (if you have any idea!)? Thanks!
I know a friend that saw lots of stuff with Cristina. You can email her at cristina.arabito@gmail.com. I didn't know she did this at the time, but I think it would be marvelous. In Amalfi, do Marina Grande Amalfi. Seafood and everyone at the table loved what they ordered. The Guides sent us!

Reactions: ngl
Cristina has been ABDs Local Guide in Rome for many years. We met her in 2013. To be a Guide in Rome, she had to basically do a College degree in Roman/Art history. She taught us more in 2 days, then would fit in 10 history books. She knows her stuff and is fun to boot! Of all the Local Guides we have had, she is our Fav. When I found out that Karen actually hired her as a Private Guide, I was so excited for her. She posted Pics and they went all sorts of neat places that aren't on the ABD trip, but I'm sure Cristina would take you where you wanted to go.

Cristina has been ABDs Local Guide in Rome for many years. We met her in 2013. To be a Guide in Rome, she had to basically do a College degree in Roman/Art history. She taught us more in 2 days, then would fit in 10 history books. She knows her stuff and is fun to boot! Of all the Local Guides we have had, she is our Fav. When I found out that Karen actually hired her as a Private Guide, I was so excited for her. She posted Pics and they went all sorts of neat places that aren't on the ABD trip, but I'm sure Cristina would take you where you wanted to go.
Sorry for the random questions but great to have the first hand review! Do you recall the "start time" most days? We are fine with early mornings but we have friends contemplating the trip but they generally do not get up before 9am. From our Tauck trips, I think we were up and on the road most days by 8am but wanted to see if you recall. Thanks again!!!

Sorry for the random questions but great to have the first hand review! Do you recall the "start time" most days? We are fine with early mornings but we have friends contemplating the trip but they generally do not get up before 9am. From our Tauck trips, I think we were up and on the road most days by 8am but wanted to see if you recall. Thanks again!!!
Your friends will miss out! We usually shower the evening before and can get ready for the day quickly in the morning. The European breakfasts are not to miss! You don't have to gorge yourself, but get a bit of protein with your pastry, you need the fuel for the day's activities! That being said, breakfast is usually 7 or 730, meeting at 8 to be on the road ... The Guides will tell you the night before what the next day's schedule is.

Be sure to look at Door Knockers in Siena and Lucca. Here is the Family of Adventurers with our Local Guide Paolo in Pompeii.

Attachments

• IMG_2734.jpeg
    IMG_2734.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 10
Be sure to look at Door Knockers in Siena and Lucca. Here is the Family of Adventurers with our Local Guide Paolo in Pompeii.
Hi , love the pic ! Is that about the size of the group (25?) that ABD has ? Thanks,Joan.

Hi, My husband and I are also interested in the Italy&Amalfi June 2023.
We have not traveled to Italy before and would also like to see Rome. I’m just not sure if as first timers to Italy we should do it on our own 🤷🏻‍♀️ Any thoughts ,if u have done this before ? Thanks,Joan.

Hi , love the pic ! Is that about the size of the group (25?) that ABD has ? Thanks,Joan.
Hi there. For this Adventure, we had 23. Our 2 ABD Guides are also in the pic. We have had 12, 29, 12, and 23. They can go up to 40. You can call ABD periodically and see how many are on your Adventure.

Hi, My husband and I are also interested in the Italy&Amalfi June 2023.
We have not traveled to Italy before and would also like to see Rome. I’m just not sure if as first timers to Italy we should do it on our own 🤷🏻‍♀️ Any thoughts ,if u have done this before ? Thanks,Joan.
You can also get in touch with Cristina. She has been Local Guide for Rome for ABD for many years. If for some reason she is not available, she has several trustworthy people. If I was doing Rome again, I would hire her in a heartbeat. cristina.arabito@gmail.com.

Your friends will miss out! We usually shower the evening before and can get ready for the day quickly in the morning. The European breakfasts are not to miss! You don't have to gorge yourself, but get a bit of protein with your pastry, you need the fuel for the day's activities! That being said, breakfast is usually 7 or 730, meeting at 8 to be on the road ... The Guides will tell you the night before what the next day's schedule is.
Thank you SO very much for all of your insight! Yes, they just are not early morning risers and not really planners so not the best idea for them, unfortunately. I did have one question about Capri - did you actually get to swim in the Mediterranean from the boat? Or is it one of those you have 10 min if you want to get in the water and out? Just curious if you recall. Again thanks SO much!

Thank you SO very much for all of your insight! Yes, they just are not early morning risers and not really planners so not the best idea for them, unfortunately. I did have one question about Capri - did you actually get to swim in the Mediterranean from the boat? Or is it one of those you have 10 min if you want to get in the water and out? Just curious if you recall. Again thanks SO much!
I am NOT an early morning person. I am not a morning person, period. 9am is my normal wake-up time, too. But these trips are SO WORTH the effort to get up early!! Yes, most days you will be expected to be up and out the door by 8am, occasionally 9am, occasionally way earlier, and I don't like it, but I do it. They will really be missing out if they don't do this ABD just because it will have early mornings. All guided tours will be like that, too.

I find multiple alarm clocks, plus a wake-up call from the hotel will help. Plus, if you're doing a trip in another time zone, you just have to convince yourself to do it, because, honestly, you're training yourself to get up at whatever time zone you're in - you might as well train yourself to get up at 7am as 9am. At this point, it's really all mental, because it's actually 1am anyways.

Sayhello

The Coach Leaves on the Posted time with all those who wish to travel Late arrivals ... they miss the bus

Swim from Boat at Capri .... no ... it is a High Speed boat from Dock to Dock

But there could be a place to swim at a beach

find multiple alarm clocks, plus a wake-up call from the hotel will help. Plus, if you're doing a trip in another time zone, you just have to c

Hi Sayhello

We were at Le Mont St. Michel on Thursday .... & driving around the Bay yesterday.

What a sight & Visit .

There is no local transport . You arrive & park your car ( like every theme park ) & walk to the

Shuttle bus ( going every 5 min ) then a 10 min walk to the entrance . .... from the start it is a steep climb

.... and crowded . but well worth it ... we stayed about 5 hours ..... cost € 15 per car

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter