Am I the only one that is unimpressed with SWGE - where is the juice?

Tatooine was such a miserable place that Obi Wan hid Luke there knowing Darth Vader would never return unless he had to. I’ll take Batuu.

I loved Batuu. I loved the Falcon. There were roaming characters. Kylo went around recruiting for the First Order. Oga’s was a blast. I built my own droid. Rise of the Resistance May be a game changer. I’m glad i didn’t write it off because it wasn’t “my” Star Wars.

Tatooine was such a miserable place that Obi Wan hid Luke there knowing Darth Vader would never return unless he had to. I’ll take Batuu.

I loved Batuu. I loved the Falcon. There were roaming characters. Kylo went around recruiting for the First Order. Oga’s was a blast. I built my own droid. Rise of the Resistance May be a game changer. I’m glad i didn’t write it off because it wasn’t “my” Star Wars.

I'll join the First Order. I'd even sell out Vi Moradi XD

Can someone explain to me, or point me to the rule, about a thread having to be constructive? I thought it was OK to just discuss, throw out ideas and opinions, etc. My thought was that as long as people keep posting, there is obviously still an interest in the discussion. I'm all for threads getting shut down when people get mean, when the topic itself is not allowed, etc, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

No Jawas, no sand people, no Cantina band, no Tatooine? ..Disney went cheap ( generic Cola instead of Coke) because it has to pay George 25% to use the original characters. I don’t buy the “make your own experience” it’s marketing spin for Mom wouldn’t spend the extra money to get real Coke!
You said the same exact thing about Lucas a few weeks ago and it was wrong then so I don't know why you're posting about it again.

I think it is a bit intertwined though as GE was "supposed" to be the draw and brought more crowds even if the other parks are still in progress for the 50th, etc. - so if the stateside Disney Parks as a whole in 2019 under perform then that is a bit of an indictment to GE

No not at all as it was mentioned on the DIS Unplugged that the new HP ride was a "walkon" and HP in general has been the same little to lower crowds, I have see it on many vlogs showing the same thing, does this indicate an issue with Universal and causing board member hysteria? No, not in the least, these cycles are a part of the buisness. Disney bit themeslves with those prices increases and thinking it would be business as usual.

No Jawas, no sand people, no Cantina band, no Tatooine? ..Disney went cheap ( generic Cola instead of Coke) because it has to pay George 25% to use the original characters. I don’t buy the “make your own experience” it’s marketing spin for Mom wouldn’t spend the extra money to get real Coke!

Disney OWNS EVERYTHING STAR WARS, PERIOD, owes not one cent to anybody! Disney bought every right to it all, "IF" Lucas gets any money it is because he would be entitled to some royalties under Writer's Guild rules for creating the original characters, that is it so all this $$ on the side is untrue and just rumor mongers.

Last edited:

Can someone explain to me, or point me to the rule, about a thread having to be constructive? I thought it was OK to just discuss, throw out ideas and opinions, etc. My thought was that as long as people keep posting, there is obviously still an interest in the discussion. I'm all for threads getting shut down when people get mean, when the topic itself is not allowed, etc, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
There's no rule it's just implied that an informational forum, focused in helping plan your trips, should be constructive.
The problem with this particular thread is that the conversation has gone in circles, without any new contributions for pages. Some people are adamant to make their pov the "right" pov

There's no rule it's just implied that an informational forum, focused in helping plan your trips, should be constructive.
The problem with this particular thread is that the conversation has gone in circles, without any new contributions for pages. Some people are adamant to make their pov the "right" pov

This particular thread was never about "contributions", it was started because one person wanted to share an opinion. "Circles" just means that people are agreeing and disagreeing with others as more opinions get shared.

If that's against the spirit of the boards, so be it. But I think you'd have a very small forum if it was literally limited to exchanges of "information."

This particular thread was never about "contributions", it was started because one person wanted to share an opinion. "Circles" just means that people are agreeing and disagreeing with others as more opinions get shared.

If that's against the spirit of the boards, so be it. But I think you'd have a very small forum if it was literally limited to exchanges of "information."
Original poster contributed with opinions. Others have shared opinions, sharing your thoughts on a subject is helpful until the same argument goes on and on for pages.
I along with other moderators know by now the signs of posters that help and those that are here just to add flame to ther fire.

Original poster contributed with opinions. Others have shared opinions, sharing your thoughts on a subject is helpful until the same argument goes on and on for pages.
I along with other moderators know by now the signs of posters that help and those that are here just to add flame to ther fire.

It's called a debate. Nothing wrong with a healthy debate. It's interesting to hear the different perspectives. No one here is trying to force their opinions on anyone else. Like any debate, both sides feel passionate about their positions. That is okay. Let the discussion continue. Its not like there are only 2 people going back and forth ping pong style with no end in sight. There are a lot of people sharing their insights and opinions. It doesn't have to have an "end." There are some threads on this site that go on and on with no purpose. It's fine.

It's called a debate. Nothing wrong with a healthy debate. It's interesting to hear the different perspectives. No one here is trying to force their opinions on anyone else. Like any debate, both sides feel passionate about their positions. That is okay. Let the discussion continue. Its not like there are only 2 people going back and forth ping pong style with no end in sight. There are a lot of people sharing their insights and opinions. It doesn't have to have an "end." There are some threads on this site that go on and on with no purpose. It's fine.
The differences is that many of those other posts aren't argumentative and don't become people trying to prove that they are right and others are wrong. It does get pretty tiring seeing people act as if they somehow know more about the success or failure of Disney than Disney themselves. Not to mention a lot of people list of stuff as facts that simply aren't true. But alas, it is just a forum. It's easy enough to ignore :)

Yes, I am enjoying reading the different views and pieces of info. I'm trying not to have a firm opinion yet myself--hoping to see SWGE live soon. Hope this thread doesn't get shut down!

The differences is that many of those other posts aren't argumentative and don't become people trying to prove that they are right and others are wrong. It does get pretty tiring seeing people act as if they somehow know more about the success or failure of Disney than Disney themselves. Not to mention a lot of people list of stuff as facts that simply aren't true. But alas, it is just a forum. It's easy enough to ignore :)
Unless you moderate the forum. :)

Thank you, Not an easy job. I have enjoyed DisBoards for the last 15 years!

Last edited:
I’m trying to figure out what feels wrong, and I think I figured it out. Would you make a movie ride based on Jaws 4 ??? or Rocky 7 ??? No, never! Each movie gets weaker. 90% of what I love from Star Wars came from the first 3 movies. Having no original Star Wars at the park and modeling it off of Star Wars 7 or 8 is a problem. That’s why I believe the stories going around about Disney owing George 25% royalty on any use of original content from the first 6 movies. Diseney thinks the fans won’t notice...there is no original Star Wars content in Disney Star Wars parks. I can feel something is not right. I love Disney and I love Star Wars, if you don’t speak up Disney will assume you as a fan just don’t notice. I have higher expectations.
Wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I’m trying to figure out what feels wrong, and I think I figured it out. Would you make a movie ride based on Jaws 4? or Rocky 7? No, never! Each movie gets weaker. Ninety percent of what I love from Star Wars came from the first 3 movies. Having no original Star Wars at the park and modeling it off of Star Wars 7 or 8 is a problem. That’s why I believe the stories going around about Disney owing George 25% royalty on any use of original content from the first 6 movies. Diseney thinks the fans won’t notice there is no original Star Wars content in Disney’s Star Wars parks. I can feel something is not right. I love Disney and I love Star Wars, if you don’t speak up Disney will assume you as a fan just don’t notice. I have higher expectations.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter