Am I the only one on this board that watches Better Call Saul?

I just watched Talking Saul yesterday (had it DVRed). Although I didn't believe for a second that Chuck didn't ever care for Jimmy, Michael McKean did confirm that wasn't at all true and he'd always cared. He said it was more of his way of saying, "Stay away, I don't want you in my life now," but with his mental state he said it the way he did instead.

As for Kim, the producers alluded to the fact that what happens to her isn't going to be good and will have a powerful impact. They didn't say she'd be killed off but I kinda got that feeling. :( It basically made it seem likely she is not in the picture by Breaking Bad, even behind the scenes.

As for Gus, his actor basically said on Talking Saul that he kept Hector alive because he wanted him to die on HIS terms, not then.

I will be more than a little salty if Kim doesn't depart the story to follow the path Kim decides and instead falls victim to fate, especially a horrible one. We finally have a female onscreen who stands entirely on her own feet, doesn't have the sum and substance of her life revolving around a man, doesn't have to be a horrible ogre or smacktalking beast and walk around like a tin man without a heart -- and is absolutely smart and capable within her own self and they would think of taking her down? I will be a mighty unhappy camper about that situation, especially considering we have writers who understand character, placemaking, theme and symbolism as deeply as they've demonstrated.

I will be more than a little salty if Kim doesn't depart the story to follow the path Kim decides and instead falls victim to fate, especially a horrible one. We finally have a female onscreen who stands entirely on her own feet, doesn't have the sum and substance of her life revolving around a man, doesn't have to be a horrible ogre or smacktalking beast and walk around like a tin man without a heart -- and is absolutely smart and capable within her own self and they would think of taking her down? I will be a mighty unhappy camper about that situation, especially considering we have writers who understand character, placemaking, theme and symbolism as deeply as they've demonstrated.
Yeah, and it may not end up that way. But, based on what they said and the fact that BB was such a tragic show with no happy endings, I could see it going that way. I would like to be proven wrong though.

I love, LOVE Kim for all the reasons you stated. As much as I love Breaking Bad, I did have a problem with the way the female characters were written. I mean, Skyler and Marie...ugh. I wondered if Vince Gilligan and co. had a problem creating female characters.

But they have outdone themselves with Kim. My hope is that she will not be willing to put up with Saul and his new law practice, so she will walk away. That will be enough to devastate him.

They better NOT kill her off.

I love, LOVE Kim for all the reasons you stated. As much as I love Breaking Bad, I did have a problem with the way the female characters were written. I mean, Skyler and Marie...ugh. I wondered if Vince Gilligan and co. had a problem creating female characters.

But they have outdone themselves with Kim. My hope is that she will not be willing to put up with Saul and his new law practice, so she will walk away. That will be enough to devastate him.

They better NOT kill her off.

I wouldn't think they necessarily have a problem writing female characters based on BB. I simply think the character of Kim Wexler is kind of like a unicorn amongst female roles, therefore I'm gonna be incredibly demanding that if they are removing her from the BCS universe for storyline purpose I want her to be marching off for her own agenda.

I simply adored her matter of fact statement to Jimmy when he was clearly dithering about trying to assist her with her breakfast. "You are not feeding me, Jimmy. There are lines we do not cross." She wasn't brassy, nasty or in your face; simply straight up, matter of fact said what she meant -- and he knew it and dropped it.

I wouldn't think they necessarily have a problem writing female characters based on BB. I simply think the character of Kim Wexler is kind of like a unicorn amongst female roles, therefore I'm gonna be incredibly demanding that if they are removing her from the BCS universe for storyline purpose I want her to be marching off for her own agenda.

I simply adored her matter of fact statement to Jimmy when he was clearly dithering about trying to assist her with her breakfast. "You are not feeding me, Jimmy. There are lines we do not cross." She wasn't brassy, nasty or in your face; simply straight up, matter of fact said what she meant -- and he knew it and dropped it.
I got a kick out of that line too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter