Am I missing something?

I am so glad this worked out for you. When I have stayed at GCH, we always get the club level room, and they have always been great. One time when we checked in, we were told we just missed Dick Van Dyke checking out.

The value is in the location of the resort itself.

You need to talk to a manager for sure and tell them that you’re very dissatisfied with the room view, but I would let the bed go because they can’t guarantee that.
I wouldn't just let it go, definitely talk to a manager and definitely make it clear you are upset. As others have said, don't let it ruin your vacation, but they should definitely be made aware of the issues.

My guess is they will give you some breakfast vouchers that state they are only accepted at the hotels, but many (if not all) of the in park restaurants that serve breakfast will honor them as well and sometimes they are good for any meal, not just breakfast, do not rely on what is printed on them.

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread, glad it worked out for you, but I am going to leave the rest of this here, as giving the vouchers is a very common way for them to make up for problems and it is important to note that the fine print restrictions may not actually apply, so it is best to ask.

Yeah, the park views at GCH and GCV look at the Redwood Creek area and you're really just looking at the trees--better than looking at the people climbing around, really. The pool views and Downtown Disney views are more fun. The courtyard views let you see the monorail buzzing through every now and then. But park views are disappointing unless you are in the VGC side on a high floor looking at the Pixar Pier area. But, the property itself is really nice. Much more relaxing than DLH and more comfy feeling than PPH.

Glad they resolved the issue for you. Pretty frustrating that Disney is doing this to their customers. They really need to trim the trees or make some pricing or view description changes. I've always only done standard or courtyard/woods when available and will continue to go that route because of posts like these.

I am glad to hear it worked out for you as well. Always best to be polite but firm with the manager! Have a great anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter