Am I Mean?

Am I Mean?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, you might just want to talk the whole rope drop thing over with her before the trip. Because if I'm going to be in the park past midnight, not only do I not get up for the next rope drop, I'm probably not up for that days rope either. 14 straight hours in the parks is already pushing for me.

I've got a friend who thinks like you and I drive them crazy. But it's honestly for their benefit too- if I'm up for 8 am rope drop, I'm probably not caffeinated or fed or well rested...and then by late afternoon I'm very, very cranky. So happy, sane companion for 12-14 hours in the park? Or the lion behind door number two? Careful, she's hungry for bloooooood.

And here's a genuine question. How big of a Disney fan is she? Because I'm not sure I'd drag an nonfanatic out of bed to rope drop Epcot. Seriously. You explore: 1 hour. Ride 2-3 rides...hmm...maybe 2 hours. Unless she's a Frozen fan, you'll be hard pressed to convincing her to wait in line at all for that one. lunch: 1 hour. 1 hour in the Japan's store. So that's like 2 pm. Now you've got 7 hours left to drink around the world and watch illuminations. If she's been before, and still gets up for that action packed schedule, you've found your rope dropping soulmate.

If she hasn't been before, and you deprive your lioness of sleep for that itinerary without explaining it to her...well, it's been nice knowing you. What Disney character would you like carved on your tombstone? :hmghost:

We are staying at All Star Sports (I decided food was more important than expensive resorts haha) so the return won't be long once we leave. I'm going to ask her opinion today, but she always leaves scheduling to me and hasnb't had any issue in the past. We'll see.

If you are both fit/healthy/young people I think you should rope drop till close every day, considering you only have 4 days. You can sleep when you're home :)

That type of commando park schedule is done with my cousin and my daughter, not my husband. He will do rope drop or close a park never both.

Taking my girlfriend for 4 nights / 1 day each park. Plan is to stay at AK until 12 / 1 am (hours are extended for Pandora that night) for our AK day. Is it too mean to expect her to rope drop Epcot the following morning at 9 am?

When you say "stay at AK until 1am," does that mean staying at the park all day, or taking a break mid-day. My family wouldn't have an issue with that (and I am *not* a morning person), but I'd need a break mid-day on the AK day to make it happen.

The tone of this bothers me. Ask her. I assume she's an adult capable of knowing what works for her - she will know best if she wants to stay up late and get up early on vacation.

When you say "stay at AK until 1am," does that mean staying at the park all day, or taking a break mid-day. My family wouldn't have an issue with that (and I am *not* a morning person), but I'd need a break mid-day on the AK day to make it happen.
Yes the plan would be to Rope Drop AK, mid day break, and come back for our 7:30 Tusker House ADR and stay for the night. I'm going to ask her opinion guys lol I'm not going to force her to do anything

Yes the plan would be to Rope Drop AK, mid day break, and come back for our 7:30 Tusker House ADR and stay for the night. I'm going to ask her opinion guys lol I'm not going to force her to do anything
This might actually work for her. The ONLY way I can get my teens to go rope drop to park close followed by rope drop the next morning is to take them back to the room for a mid day nap. As long as they get that promised nap they can and will do it.

I think that seems reasonable and would be the way I want to do it.

And from your post, I didn't get the impression that you were forcing her to do anything. My wife leaves all the planning to me, so even if I did ask her opinion she would tell me to decide what I thought was best.

I think that seems reasonable and would be the way I want to do it.

And from your post, I didn't get the impression that you were forcing her to do anything. My wife leaves all the planning to me, so even if I did ask her opinion she would tell me to decide what I thought was best.
This is exactly our case. She leaves all the vacation planning to me and trusts my judgment. Her ONLY request oddly enough is for us to go to the Sci Fi diner for one of our dinners

Are you this couple?

Edited: It's that YouTube video about Adult Disney Fans but it has a bad word so I took the link out

Just kidding OP. I would just ask her. It sounds like too much for me but I am not a fan of Epcot

Last edited:
Just be flexible about it, and explain to her that it will be flexible for her, too. Hey - you might decided to leave AK and not stay until 1am, but as long as she knows (and you know) that it isn't etched in stone, you should be okay.

Also, I would plan a nice lunch at a TS in Epcot, and then back to the resort for a much needed break. If she can count on that she will probably be okay. My only problem is that it is rope-drop at Epcot, which isn't really a rope-drop kinda place for us since it is one of our favorite night-time parks, so we would do FP here and not rope-drop.

Everyone has their own way they like to enjoy disney. You both are going to have different ways and your going to need to be opened to hers is different from yours as much as she needs to be opened to how you want to go around the parks. Basically you need to talk with her and come up with a plan together and discuss the little things. Does rope drop mean rush your favorite rides or does she prefer the journey seeing everything to get to the ride. Even if they've never been there before, they have no clue what to expect and you'll need (and really enjoy) discovering WDW through someone elses eyes. And she'll know your dying to just get onto space mountain already.. The same goes with children.

basically, we can't help you with this question, you need to sort out what you both want to accomplish and how you want to get to the finish line.

Are you this couple?

Edited: It's that YouTube video about Adult Disney Fans but it has a bad word so I took the link out

Just kidding OP. I would just ask her. It sounds like too much for me but I am not a fan of Epcot

My sister posted that video to my fb wall...hilarious!!!

It wouldn't work for me. If the park closes at 1:00, it will likely be close to 2:00 or so before you are back in the room. For a 9 am opening, if we are using Disney transportation, we leave the room no later than 7:30. To leave at 7:30, I have to be in the shower by 6:30-6:45. That means 4.5 hours of sleep, and no one wants to be around me if that is all the sleep I got, that is assuming you leave the park right at 1:00.

I would be down! We like to RD, stay late, take swim breaks etc. We sleep take an off day so we get to rest but when we did only 4 days, we just slept when we got home.

I found nothing wrong with how it was worded! You two will have fun I am sure. DH makes very few requests, TSMM being one of them, I always offer to go to Rd or whatever on my own, but he is always up for the challenge.

I am not a morning person. Until I am at Disney (or really, any trip anywhere). I'd totally be up for that schedule. My DH...not so much.

My last trip was a girls trip with only 3 park days. After a late night, I told my friend I was going to be up super early to hit rope drop at Epcot and encouraged her to sleep in as long as she wanted to meet me later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter